west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no "He is the Sabbath" in the actual Bible.
There is no "I am the weekly Sabbath so stop keeping that commandment" in the entire Bible.
Hosea 2:1 I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.
Creative writing - not the same as scripture.
The verse I quoted isn't creative writing as much as you'd love it to be. Yes I know you'll explain it away.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.

WHAT DID JESUS AND THE APOSTLES TEACH ABOUT GOD’S LAW
(the scriptures below are no where near exhaustive)

Jesus taught the 10 commandments…..

1. Jesus kept God’s Law (10 commandments) and said the Law and the prophets would not pass away (Matthew 5:17-18)
2. Jesus taught others to follow the 10 commandments (Mark 10:17-21)
3. Jesus taught that Love is the fulfilling (doing) of God’s Law (10 commandments Matthew 22:36-40)
4. If we break God’s Law by following man-made traditions we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)
5. Jesus says if we commit sin we are a servant of sin and he has come to free us from sin (John 8:32-36)
6. Jesus taught if you love God you will keep God’s Law and abide in His Love (John 14:15; 15:10
7. If anyone is breaking any of God’s commandments and teaching others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven <least = lost> (Matthew 5:19)
8. No one can obey God’s Law producing the fruit of obedience of ourselves and unless we abide in Jesus we can do nothing (John 15:4-10)

Paul affirms the Ten Commandments……

1. Paul teaches God's people keep the Sabbath Hebrews 4.
2. Paul tells gentiles that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD" 1 Corinthians 7:19
3. Paul tells gentiles "it is not the HEARERS of the Law that are just before God but the DOERS of the Law will be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge all mankind" Romans 2:13-16
4. Paul asks that gentiles consider the doctrine of LAW "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we establish the Law of God" Romans 3:31
5. Paul tells ALL Christians that it is only the lost who will "not subject themselves to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they" Romans 8:6-8
6 Paul reaches all Christians under the NEW Covenant that God's LAW as known in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is "written on the heart and mind" Hebrews 8:7-11
7. Paul tells all Christians that the OT text is to be used for Doctrine 2 Timothy 3:16
AND He never claims that "if I did not write it -- it is not scripture for us today" -- as one or two have imagined for us.
8. Paul tells all Christians that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" Ephesians 6:1-2 and is binding on all Christians.
9. God's Law (10 commandments) are holy, just and good (Romans 7:12)
10. God's Law gives us a knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20; 7:7)
11. The penalty of breaking God's Law without Jesus is death (Romans 6:23)
12. If we break God's Law we dishonor God (Romans 2:23)
13. If we sin we are "under the Law" and guilty before God (Romans 3:19)
14. We are saved by faith but our faith establishes the Law in us (Romans 3:31)
15. If we are saved by grace we should not break God's Law (Romans 6:1-7)
16. We should not break God's Law if we are under grace (Romans 6:15)
17. We are to serve the Law of God through the mind because that is where sin starts (Romans 6:17; 7:25; 8:4; 12:2)
18. It is God's Law that brings us to Jesus (Galatians 3:24)
19. God's salvation frees us from sin so we can be obedient to God's Law and live a life of holiness (Romans 6:22)
20. We will be judged by God's Law and only those that are obedient will be justified because of their faith (Romans 2:4-13)
21. God's Law can only be obeyed through love and a changed heart which comes by faith in God's Word (Rom 2:21-29; 13:9-10; Hebrews 8:9-10)
22. If we break God's Law and are in unrepentant sin we will be lost and will received God's judgements (Hebrews 10:26-27)

John affirms the 10 commandments……

1. John says it is only by keeping God’s 10 commandments that we know that we know God (1 John 2:3)
2. If someone says that they know God and do not keep God’s 10 commandments they are lying and not telling the truth (1 John 2:4)
3. We should purify ourselves as Jesus is pure (1 John 3:3)
4. Sin is the breaking of God’s 10 commandments (1 John 3:4)
5. Whoever is abiding in Christ does not commit sin (1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10)
6. If you are in unrepentant sin you have not seen Jesus or know him (1 John 3:6)
7. John warns us that only those that are obedience to God’s Law are his true followers (1 John 3:7)
8. If someone is committing unrepentant sin they are following the devil and not God (1 John 3:7)
9. If you are born of God and abiding in him you will not commit sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10
10. It is the keeping of God’s commandments that is the difference between those that are following God and those that are not following God (1 John 3:10; 1 John 5:3)
11. It is only by Love through faith that we can keep God’s commandments (1 John 5:3-4)
12. God’s true believers in the end days will keep all of God’s commandments through faith in Jesus (Rev 14:12; 22:14)

James also affirms the 10 commandments…….

1. James says God’s Law (10 commandments) are a Royal Law (James 2:8)
2. If we break one of God’s commandments we a guilty before God as sinners breaking all of God’s Law and gave some examples of breaking God’s Law (James 2:9-11)
3. James says God’s Law is a law of liberty and freedom (James 2:12)
4. The 10 commandments (God’s Law) are the standard in the judgment (James 2:12)
5. If our faith does not have the fruit of obedience to God’s Law it is dead and not true faith (James 2:16-26)

Peter affirms the 10 commandments……..

1. Sanctification is to obedience to God’s Law (1 Peter 1:2)
2. We can only be changed from sin to obedience to God’s Law by the power of God and it will be revealed in the last days (1 Peter 1:5)
3. We should give up our sins to be holy because Jesus is holy (1 Peter 1:13-16)
4. Jesus is your example who did no sin (1 Peter 2:21-22)
5. Cease from sin and do not live in the flesh (1 Peter 4:1-3)
6. Judgement will begin at the house of God and sinners (those breaking God’s 10 commandments) will not be saved (1 Peter 4:17).
7. God has given us his precious promises and as we believe them God will grant us his divine power to live a life of Godliness (obedience to God’s Law; 2 Peter 1:2-4)
8. The Un-Godly (disobedient to God’s Law) will be like Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Peter 2:6)
9. If any turn away from God’s Law and are in unrepentant sin breaking any of God’10 commandments they will be lost (2 Peter 2:20-22)
10 God is not willing that any should perish but that everyone should come to repentance and turn away from sin to follow God’s 10 commandments because those that do not will receive the judgements of God (2 Peter 3:5-14)

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Revelation 14:12; Reverlation 22:14; Ezekiel 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; Peter 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10)

CONCLUSION: Here is the summary brother God's 4th commandment is one of the 10 commandments (EXODUS 20:8-11). If we knowingly break in just like any other of the 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7.

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

1. Need more scripture click me.
2. Your challenge is here click me.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you and there is a lot of it. Let me know when you have some scripture to share.

Hope this helps.
The only sabbath day mentioned in the NT is the one given to Israel on stone. There's no NT sabbath.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The only sabbath day mentioned in the NT is the one given to Israel on stone. There's no NT sabbath.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

Need more scripture? Check this out

1. WHO IS GOD'S ISRAEL part 1
2. WHO IS GOD'S ISRAEL part 2
3. WHO IS GOD'S ISRAEL part 3

If you need more scripture just let me know?

Sorry brother only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those who follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

May God help you as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
4 pages and yet nobody has been able to substantiate the claim that “Jesus is our Sabbath”.

True brother, it puzzles me as well. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleive and follow it. Anything else that is not in God's WORD will lead us away from God. Thanks for your thoughts.

God bless.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="JohnB445, post: 73226045, member: 412538"]Are Christians really required to observe the 7th day or else they take the mark of the beast as some SDA claim?

How do you address these verses then?

Colossians 1
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day: 17 which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's.

Galatians 4
8 Howbeit at that time, not knowing God, ye were in bondage to them that by nature are no gods: 9 but now that ye have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how turn ye back again to the weak and beggarly rudiments, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage over again?

10 Ye observe days, and months, and seasons, and years.

11 I am afraid of you, lest by any means I have bestowed labor upon you in vain.

So would these prove that Sabbath can be anyday? Also sabbath is a day of rest, you cannot work or go buying things, start a fire. Why would we be under the law again.

Is it a sin not to observe the 7th day Sabbath? It just doesn't seem so from the Bible. Old Covenant is different from New, if you pick and choose from old covenant why not follow the whole law then?[/QUOT
E
==========================================
Thinking/ Praying how to respond to mixed up statements here
it wasn't clear what to say until I
read this next, a couple minutes ago >>>

QUOTE="JohnB445,]I have little insight on the Mosaic law, since I'm still learning. Are the sins that Jesus telling us not to do in terms of morality/ethics? Or is there no distinction and Sabbath is a moral thing.

This stuff can get confusing with all the different views. there are 613 laws or so. I'd get a conviction if I did something morally wrong, but no conviction if I don't observe the 7th day. I'm not seeing anywhere where Jesus wants us to keep the 7th day. If he does I don't mind doing it, but for now I don't see it.[/QUOT
E

This let me breathe a sigh of relief, so I am thankful to Yahweh for showing positively that you appear to be seeking the truth, to follow Jesus as the Way to Life,
and if you keep seeking the truth, keep following Jesus,
you will know the truth, and the truth (not "all the different views")
will set you free....
This is directly God's Promise, and is true, and cannot be changed.

i.e. you can trust God.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hosea 2:1 I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.

It stares you right in the face, but the blind cannot see and the deaf cannot hear what he reads.

"her mirth", "her feast days", "her new moons", "her sabbaths", and all "her solemn feasts". Those all ceased.

It says nothing about God's rest, the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD, "my sabbaths" (Exodus 31:33; masculine, not feminine), which are never to cease.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
4 pages and yet nobody has been able to substantiate the claim that “Jesus is our Sabbath”.

It is just the same with those who claim that sunday is the sabbath, or that there is no sabbath, or it was lunar based, and all the other contradictory nonsense.

Round and round we go, but no evidence ever doth show.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

Need more scripture? Check this out

If you need more scripture just let me know?

Sorry brother only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those who follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Hosea 2:23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

The verse says nothing about those people becoming Israel. Want to try again?

Here's another -

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The one fold isn't the this fold. There's nothing bringing anyone into Israel.

Keep trying though.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True brother, it puzzles me as well. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleive and follow it. Anything else that is not in God's WORD will lead us away from God. Thanks for your thoughts.

God bless.
Jesus provides what the 7th day sabbath doesn't and can't. There is a sabbatismos to the people of God. This is obviously not the sabbaton.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It stares you right in the face, but the blind cannot see and the deaf cannot hear what he reads.

"her mirth", "her feast days", "her new moons", "her sabbaths", and all "her solemn feasts". Those all ceased.

It says nothing about God's rest, the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD, "my sabbaths" (Exodus 31:33; masculine, not feminine), which are never to cease.
God gave Israel the sabbath and therefore it's hers. Hosea isn't speaking of some pagan sabbaths.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is just the same with those who claim that sunday is the sabbath, or that there is no sabbath, or it was lunar based, and all the other contradictory nonsense.

Round and round we go, but no evidence ever doth show.
Who here is claiming Sunday is the sabbath? You only need to read the OT to discover how time was reckoned for Israel.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus provides what the 7th day sabbath doesn't and can't. There is a sabbatismos to the people of God. This is obviously not the sabbaton.

Sabbatismos in from HEBREWS written in 4:9 which says;

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

Which ever way you want to say it many traslate the scriptures as αρα απολειπεται σαββατισμος τω λαω του θεου; So then there remains a Sabbath rest to the people - of God
Another words the Sabbath rest remains for God's people that are not in UNBELIEF of God's WORD.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hosea 2:23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Here's another -

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Keep trying though.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you. You are only repeating yourself without addressing and of the scriptures posted that disagree with your teaching in

Let me know when you have some scriptures to share in relation to these posts that you have ignored. There are many scriptures here that disagree with you.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God gave Israel the sabbath and therefore it's hers. Hosea isn't speaking of some pagan sabbaths.

Israel is male. Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:13-15. Jesus is the real Israel. If you read Exodus 20:8-11, it is "the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD", which is again His rest, His sabbath (Genesis 2:1-3), and again masculine, and possessive to Him, thus "my sabbaths", as opposed to those others associated with feasts (Leviticus 23:4-38, "besides") and the land (Leviticus 25), which is "their" (peoples, plural) sabbaths, and "her" (Jerusalem's, feminine) sabbaths.

God gave man the earth in stewardship, that doesn't mean Adam owned it. God is the owner, while Adam was merely the caretaker of the talent.

God did indeed give to the peoples many other sabbaths (hence the distinction in terms, between "my" (masculine, singular) and "theirs" (plural person), "hers" (feminine)), "besides" (Leviticus 23:38) the one (the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD thy God) which was "made" for "the man (Adam)" (Mark 2:27) at creation (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11) and each of these additional 'sabbaths' were based in the yearly, were shadows, associated with carnal ordinances (like passover), all well after the sin of mankind, after Mt. Sinai, pointing to the work of Christ Jesus. None of them were on the Tables of Stone.

Again, you give a strawman. I never said Hosea was speaking about 'pagan sabbaths', did I? Did I? Be honest for a change. Do you always have to misrepresent the actual stated position because your theology and practice is so untenable, inconsistent, illogical, & incoherent?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who here is claiming Sunday is the sabbath? ...
There are many stated positions, not just your personal one. If you disagree with those who do teach such (such as the LDS, Mormons, etc), it only proves the absolute mess it is to try to defend such positions, since they all argue with one another, and are all contradictory to one another, and none of them scriptural (including the strong delusion you are in). You will have to take it up with them.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... There is a sabbatismos to the people of God. This is obviously not the sabbaton.

This has already been answered - Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

I suggest reading it and dealing with the material presented. It is obvious, you have not bothered to even study that material therein.

Feel free to even begin with Hebrews 4:9:

Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Talk about being obtuse.

Who is Israel?

Who is God's people?

Isa 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
Isa 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Isa 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isa 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Joh 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
Joh 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Joh 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

1Co_15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co_15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Isa_11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
Rom_15:12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

So much for OSAS ...

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

[1] Jesus is the Good Tree and root
[2] The natural branches of the Good tree were the physical Hebrews
[3] some of those natural branches (physical Hebrews) were cut out of the Good Tree (Christ) because of unbelief
[4] the Gentiles are the natural branches of the wild tree
[5] some of the Gentiles were broken off from the wild tree and placed into the Good tree (Christ, who is Israel; Matthew 2:13-15; Hosae 11:1, etc, the overcomer, the prince with God), through faith
[6] the Natural branches (Hebrews) of the Good tree stand therein by faith, and can be cut off just as the others were
[7] the Wild branched (Gentiles) that were graffed into the Good tree alo stand by faith, and can also be cut off if they ever come to no longer believe, as the natural branches before them
[8] the Natural branches (Hebrews) that were cut off, if they no longer remain in unbelief may be graffed back into the Good tree (Christ).

Here's another -

Keep trying though.
John 10:16 is directly citing from Isaiah 56:8. See above. Those (Gentiles) which were not before Of "this fold" (Hebrews), must also be brought into the same fold, so that there is "one fold and one shepherd", making of twain one new man, the middle wall being broken down, no longer Jew or Gentile in Christ Jesus, for Christ Jesus is the man (Adam, Israel, Isaac, etc). Now go read the context of Isaiah 56, the Gentiles were to come in, and keep God's sabbath in the New/Everlasting Covenant, having an eternal name better than sons and daughters.

If you are not a part of that, then ye are none of His and do not hear His voice. You acknowledge another voice, another shepherd, and are sheep of another as it is written:

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Israel is male.

Jer_3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jer_3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
Yeah that is speaking of people, even differentiates from Judah.

I was speaking of the Person (Head; not people (which are feminine, as they are the body, just as the churches are feminine, but of the Male, as Eve to Adam). See my response.

Upvote 0