Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Sin is transgression of the law 1 John 3:4

Through the law is knowledge of sin Romans 3:20

We have knowledge of the Sabbath via the law, and through the law, we know that rejecting the Sabbath is a sin, because to not keep the 7th day holy is transgressing the Law.

Rejecting the Sabbath is a transgression of the law, which makes not keeping the Sabbath a sin.

Therefore, it is not scripturally possible to reject the Sabbath and not be lawless.

Teaching people to break the law and not keep the Sabbath holy is teaching lawlessness, period.

Christians don’t get a pass. If a Christian doesn’t keep the Sabbath holy, he or she is sinning (transgressing the law)

Christians are keeping the true and perfect sabbath by being in Christ Jesus. The true and perfect sabbath isn't a day of the week, but a *person*...Jesus Christ who gives us rest on the condition that we come to him. There is no disobedience, no transgression of any laws. In Christ, we are proclaimed NOT guilty and are obedient through *his* obedience and not through any efforts of our own. Indeed, we cannot earn our salvation through law, but only through receiving Christ into our hearts as Lord and Savior and experiencing true and perfect sabbath rest through him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,496.00
Faith
Non-Denom

We have knowledge of the Sabbath via the law, and through the law, we know that rejecting the Sabbath is a sin, because to not keep the 7th day holy is transgressing the Law.

Rejecting the Sabbath is a transgression of the law, which makes not keeping the Sabbath a sin.

Therefore, it is not scripturally possible to reject the Sabbath and not be lawless.

Teaching people to break the law and not keep the Sabbath holy is teaching lawlessness, period.

Christians don’t get a pass. If a Christian doesn’t keep the Sabbath holy, he or she is sinning (transgressing the law)

Yep, and furthermore, there is not a single Christian living today who is keeping the Sabbath holy according to the Law.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is "Jesus is our rest"??
Absolutely!
?? Because you view Jeremiah 3:8 as a quote of Matthew 11:28?? seriously?
No. I never mentioned Jer 3:8. I don't even see how it could possibly relate to Mat 11:28.
Or you say that because in your Bible Matthew 11:28 says "I am your Sabbath"??
No again.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ is not lawless, nor did he teach disobedience to the law. The Israelites could not enter God’s rest because they were disobedient.
True! Neither did Jesus teach the law. A great example is the Sermon on the Mount with His "but I say..." statements.
Disobeying God and entering his rest is not biblically possible.
That depends on what you claim obeying God really is. We do have a different and new covenant as Christians.
The New Testament doesn’t say anything about the Sabbath not being about a day of the week.
So what. It also doesn't say Christians are to keep the 7th day sabbath.
The Sabbath is the 7th day. Jesus is not the Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath. Notice he did not say “the Son of Man is the Sabbath”.
OK if you want to fussy about technical wording. I get my sabbatismos from Jesus. Remember Jesus extended an invitation to people who kept the sabbath. Evidently they didn't have rest.
The New Covenant is made only with Israel, not with Gentiles. Jeremiah 31:31-33
Then why are posting to a largely gentile audience? After all we can't participate in that covenant as gentiles. That means you're really trying to convert gentiles to Judaism.
It’s absurd to attempt to exclude yourself from obedience to God’s commandments because they were “given only to Israel”, and then turn around and say you are a Gentile and part of a covenant that was made with a nation of people that you are not a part of.
No. It's rather abusrd to claim what Jesus (God) did isn't enough, so we need to do some special things to buy God off. That can't be done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No because as gentiles we're not part of covenant given only to Israel. Mat 28, Jn 3 and 10 is proof enough the NC is for the whole world. There's not a single passage in the NT indicating a Christians is to keep the law (OC).

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jer_3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

This is "Jesus is our rest"??

Jesus is "LORD of the Sabbath" Mark 2:28 that is in the actual Bible but "Jesus is our Sabbath" is not. You cannot "remember Jesus to keep Jesus Holy" - Jesus is already Holy. Col 1 "all things were made BY Him and FOR Him" that is right mankind WAS MADE FOR Jesus and BY Jesus.

The "Sabbath was made FOR mankind and not mankind for the Sabbath" excludes "Jesus made for mankind not mankind FOR Jesus"

You really question Mat 11:28-30?

?? Because you view Jeremiah 3:8 as a quote of Matthew 11:28?? seriously?

Or you say that because in your Bible Matthew 11:28 says "I am your Sabbath"??

Absolutely!No. I never mentioned Jer 3:8. I don't even see how it could possibly relate to Mat 11:28.No again.

Sorry I must have forgotten you did not post the Jeremiah 3 text.

hmm Jer 31:31-33 -- New Covenant "LAW of God known to Jeremiah" and his readers -- "written on heart and mind"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You can’t rest in Christ if you are blatantly disobeying God’s command to keep the 7th day holy, or disobeying any of the commandment really.
True.
As 1 John, et al, says (it is written), those who walk in darkness have no light in them.

1 John 1:8 KJV: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ...
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.--1 John i. 5. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light; because their deeds were evil.--John iii. 19.
1 John 1:8 KJV: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is "LORD of the Sabbath" Mark 2:28 that is in the actual Bible but "Jesus is our Sabbath" is not.

You cannot "remember Jesus to keep Jesus Holy" - Jesus is already Holy.

Col 1 "all things were made BY Him and FOR Him" that is right mankind WAS MADE FOR Jesus and BY Jesus.

By contrast to the Sabbath

The "Sabbath was made FOR mankind and not mankind for the Sabbath" excludes the "Jesus is our Sabbath" speculation that some would try to add to the text that makes it -- "Jesus made for mankind not mankind FOR Jesus"

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is "LORD of the Sabbath" Mark 2:28 that is in the actual Bible but "Jesus is our Sabbath" is not.

Col 1 "all things were made BY Him and FOR Him" that is right mankind WAS MADE FOR Jesus and BY Jesus.
I understand the misconception of what is usually taught by this passage. What you're trying to imply contradicts Rev 4 and 5 which shows without doubt God the Father is the Creator.

The "Sabbath was made FOR mankind and not mankind for the Sabbath" excludes the "Jesus is our Sabbath" speculation that some would try to add to the text that makes it -- "Jesus made for mankind not mankind FOR Jesus"
This idea disagrees with Moses in -

Ex 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Pick your liar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I understand the misconception of what is usually taught by this passage. What you're trying to imply contradicts Rev 4 and 5

On the contrary - all things were made by Christ and for Christ -- this is irrefutable as both Colossians 1:16 and John 1:1-6 make clear.

Rev 4 and 5 do not argue against Christ (God the Son) as the creator - in fact all three as we see in Genesis member of the Godhead were involved.

Much better than going around calling various Bible writers "liars".

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2019
new jersey
✟9,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christ resurrecting on a Sunday plus the disciples meeting on Sunday and Paul preaching.

Act 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

That is showing that Christ still rested on the Sabbath day before he was resurrected. The Sunday worship came under the reign of Constantine. He gave the church a lot of power and they instituted Sunday worship.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

On the contrary - all things were made by Christ and for Christ -- this is irrefutable as both Colossians 1:16 and John 1:1-6 make clear.

Rev 4 and 5 do not argue against Christ (God the Son) as the creator - in fact all three as we see in Genesis member of the Godhead were involved.

God gets sole credit for and as Creator in Revelation. I don't deny Jesus had a part in creation. After all it does say let us...

The real point of my Rev 4 and 5 is an anti-thesis to your idea Jesus is the One Who issued the famous 10. That is backed by Jn 1:17 and Gal 3:19. The Gal reference because if Jesus issued the famous 10 He already came. That idea opposes scripture. It would also mean John is wrong.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is showing that Christ still rested on the Sabbath day before he was resurrected. The Sunday worship came under the reign of Constantine. He gave the church a lot of power and they instituted Sunday worship.
That's promoting SDA doctrine. The Scripture clearly says Christians met on Sunday the first day of the week as early as circa 50 AD. Besides that there's plenty historical records showing Christians worshiped on Sunday prior to Constantine.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I understand the misconception of what is usually taught by this passage. What you're trying to imply contradicts Rev 4 and 5

God gets sole credit for and as Creator in Revelation. I don't deny Jesus had a part in creation.

When you say Jesus "had a part" in Creation

That means the mankind was made FOR Jesus -- not Jesus made FOR the mankind.

By contrast the Sabbath was made FOR mankind.

When you say "Jesus had a part" in creation.

John 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

The real point of my Rev 4 and 5 is an anti-thesis to your idea Jesus is the One Who issued the famous 10.

You say that like I wrote the book of Hebrews.

Heb 8
Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a minister in the sanctuary and in the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man...
4 Now if He (Jesus) were on earth, He (Jesus) would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law; 5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned by God when he was about to erect the tabernacle; for, “See,” He (Jesus) says, “that you make all things according to the pattern which was shown you on the mountain.” 6 But now He (Jesus) has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He (Jesus) is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them, He (Jesus) says,

“Behold, days are coming, says the LORD (YHWH) -- JESUS,
When I (Jesus) will effect a new covenant
With the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
9 Not like the covenant which I (Jesus) made with their fathers
On the day when I (Jesus) took them by the hand
To lead them out of the land of Egypt;
For they did not continue in My covenant,
And I did not care for them, says the Lord.
10 “For this is the covenant that I (Jesus) will make with the house of Israel
After those days, says the Lord:
I (Jesus) will put My laws into their minds,
And I will write them on their hearts.
And I will be their God,
And they shall be My people

It was Jesus speaking at Sinai according to that text.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0