• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured "j"esus culture and hillsong apostates

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Romans 8, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,199
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Did you notice how everyone is kind of swaying back and forth in the same direction in the video?

That's a sign of hypnotism, all the teaching is taken in as a hypnotic suggestion so people just accept it kind of like they're in a dream.

2. Michael Collum

+3,199
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    When dealing with teachings ingrained by hypnotism, using rational arguments is pointless. The person themselves needs to notice something is wrong and remove themselves from that environment. After removing from the environment, much psychological "deconstruction" will be required along with prayer and bible study of course.

3. Romans 8

Romans 8 Well-Known Member

+1,002
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Yes. Many of the jesus culture/hillsong fans will blindly defend these bands because they've invested in their albums, or invested with their emotions. On the other hand there are many who delete all of this rubbish when they learn of the apostasy of these bands, and who owns them.

It is quite sad though to see so many defending these bands even when the evidence is presented. The youth today are very diligent with their technology and do read about Hillsong and jesus culture. When they read about their favorite bands, they learn about Bethel and Bill Johnson.

Bethel church doesn't need to build 5 million churches across the world to infect us. All they need do is get into your church, which they are already doing. There are three churches in my area so far using the teachings of Bill Johnson. So although many here think it's only music and so who cares, well it's not simply music guys. Bethel false doctrines are being taught in your backyard.

4. amariselle

amariselle Jesus Never Fails

+4,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Here’s a video where Bill Johnson tells his congregation that God is “in charge but not in control.” (Starting at the 5:16 minute mark)

Johnson goes on to talk about how that means we have “dominion” here on earth, which ties into their belief regarding the “7 Mountain Mandate” and how WE are building God’s kingdom for Him. Johnson even goes on to refer to the teaching that God’s hands are “handcuffed” and released through prayer and that God did not allow Jesus’ death “for a purpose.”

The absolute heresy should be more than evident here.

5. amariselle

+4,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    It is true that so many are very deceived by these false teachers. Any of us could be. What’s also truly sad is that one of their main arguments (and I have had this said to me personally a number of times) is “you should just go to Bethel yourself”. No, one does not need to subject oneself to further false teaching to know it is false. One needs to search the Scriptures and test all things.

6. Michael Collum

+3,199
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    If the whole church turns into a magic casting assembly or a group of atheist church kids who parrot the same doctrines as their forefathers, I have no obligation to participate in either, Jesus will continue to build His church, this I believe.

7. amariselle

+4,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I agree. Bill Johnson is on record saying that he wants Jesus Culture to be a means by which their teachings go out to many other churches. It is very true that it is far from “just music.” (And music is very powerful and plays on our emotions.)

When someone is preaching “another Jesus” we absolutely must speak up in any way we can. People can and do get offended and angry, a couple of my family members are with me, because they have indeed elevated their teachers or organizations above the word of God and what it clearly says.

8. amariselle

+4,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    As do I. There will always be a faithful remnant.

9. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+2,183
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What false doctrines are you referring to friend?

10. Romans 8

+1,002
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Another Jesus that is not of the bible is demonic. And I therefore wonder the spiritual ramifications for listening to music of that nature. Is this going a bit far? Well no, at least not from what I've read about protecting ourselves in spiritual warfare.

11. Romans 8

+1,002
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    These bands are owned by Bethel church of supernatural ministry and magic. If you're not familiar, kindly read through the thread.

12. BNR32FAN

+2,183
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Personally I love hillsong’s music. Their doctrines may differ from mine but their intent is to praise and worship God and they do it very well in my opinion. What lyrics have you heard that you disagree with?

13. Romans 8

+1,002
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I would recommend that you read through the thread to get a better understanding of the conversation. Thanks.

14. BNR32FAN

+2,183
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Where did you find that information? They have their own church. This is their beliefs...

Hillsong was formerly affiliated with Australian Christian Churches (the Assemblies of God in Australia), which belongs within the Pentecostaltradition of Christianity. The church's beliefs are Evangelical and Pentecostal in that it holds the Bible as the truth and authoritative in matters of faith. They believe that Jesus Christ is God Incarnate, and the only begotten Son of the Father, who reconciled humanity to God through his death and resurrection. The church believes forgiveness for the wrong it considers people to have done and being part of God's family can only be achieved through repenting of such wrongs, believing in Jesus as people's Lord and saviour, and submitting to his will for people's lives. They believe that in order to live a fruitful Christian life a person should, among other things, seek baptism in the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit enables the use of spiritual gifts, which include, and are not limited to, speaking in tongues.[22]

Hillsong's positions on non-central doctrines of the faith are diverse, although individuals may have taken a public stand on many topical issues in contemporary Christianity is in keeping with mainstream Pentecostalism - e.g. opposing embryonic stem cell research and abortion based on a belief that human life commences at conception.[23] Hillsong has also declared support for Creationism and Intelligent Design and believes this should be taught in schools.[24][25][26][27] It also believes that homosexuality is contrary to biblical teaching but emphasises that it does not condemn homosexuals.

15. BNR32FAN

+2,183
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I did read the OP but I don’t see any evidence that they’re owned by Bethel church.

16. Romans 8

+1,002
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    A quick google search will show you. Read above, they are no longer affiliated with any denominational church. Why? Because their doctrines are wayyyy off the map.

17. Michael Collum

+3,199
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    He touches on some good points, (such as living by faith continuously, implying a need for consistent maturity) but his main underlying issue is his quantifying of people, faith, and God's kingdom. The kingdom of God resists quantification, I think this inner idolatry might be the source of the other heresies.

18. Michael Collum

+3,199
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    It was formerly affiliated with, meaning no longer affiliated with.

What teachers actually teach from this movement seems more relevant than a strawman statement that they're not affiliated with.

19. Romans 8

+1,002
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Yeah, total heretic. This is how it works. They mix in their own false doctrines among what's sound. They twist it, invert it, and make it their own.

We must be careful what we listen to. Demonic doctrines are like a virus.

20. BNR32FAN

+2,183
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Here’s the Bethel Church’s statement of faith. What do you disagree with in this?

What We Believe
    There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent – one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.

Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God's Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God's kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive today in the presence of God the Father and in His people. He is "true God" and "true man."

We are saved by God's grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit, convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.

In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live holy and minister supernaturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have power to be witnesses.

The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy – sin, lies, sickness and torment.

The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of baptism and communion. The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God's love, and discipling the nations – baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.

In the ever-increasing government of God and in the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His overcoming bride – His church. Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death

About | Bethel Church