• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured "j"esus culture and hillsong apostates

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Romans 8, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,212
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    However, we must understand the full teaching of the bible.

20 Despise not prophesyings.
    21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
    22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Which means, I can take away the good stuff, and throw away the stuff that is bad.

In regards to infection, it is important to note that the parable likens the kingdom to leaven, not the loaf. If what is perceived as "the kingdom" is being leavened, it may have also been impure.

2. Romans 8

Romans 8 Well-Known Member

+1,004
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    This has already been addressed. Read through the thread please.

3. Michael Collum

+3,212
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    We're disagreeing with teachers, statements of faith make good kindling, actions speak louder.

4. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+1,343
    Christian
    Private
    I missed the post but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I get the aversion to the content of the video but I'm just not at that place to start waving my pitchfork. It does seem a little out there to say Christ asks for forgiveness but the meat of what he (Seth?) seems to be saying is if he doesn't forgive someone he is holding that offence on Christ and that part I get.

It feels like a swinging pendulum and he opens with the pendulum swinging way out there perhaps as some sort of dramatic effect but the last min the pendulum seems to come back in when he says things like "holding it aginst them is like holding it against [Christ]" using this line as the real point it helps to balance everything else he said, to me perhaps Christ saying "forgive me" feels more tongue and cheek and is like saying "you are being held back from this unforgiveness that ultimately is projected on me, hurry up and forgive me and get on with it" These seem like fairly personal words and obviously very experience oriented but I'm not sure it warrants heresy and it feels most may be taking these words out of context.

5. Romans 8

+1,004
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    And this is the exact issue I have with these bands, Bethel church, and Bill Johnson. Many people either cannot dicipher between a false doctrine, or they justify it in their own head in order to "continue as they were".

Next this person is telling others in his social circle, this forum, and at his church what he learned. This is how it works.

6. Michael Collum

+3,212
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    The thing is, people who rely on being spoodfed miss out on eternal rewards and end up being directed by those who put the work in. It would be nice if people were more diligent in their studies, but until God puts that desire there, it's not going to happen.

7. Romans 8

+1,004
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Agree. People who do not like reading their bibles, need to pray for the Holy Spirit to give them desire.

8. Michael Collum

+3,212
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    And anyone praying for others to be given that desire better start clearing out their schedule now.

9. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+2,187
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I’ve posted Bethel church’s statement of faith exactly what doctrines are you referring to?

10. Michael Collum

+3,212
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    The main deal is application. Application of a false teaching can strengthen the flesh and it's paranormal capacity which mimicks actual spiritual gifts.

11. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,104
    Christian
    Married
    Or they know enough to be able to eat meat.

12. Romans 8

+1,004
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I think counterfeit gifts are demonic rather than of the flesh. As you can see in Bethel's "slaying of the spirit", and holy laughter (cackling) while incapacitated.

13. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+2,187
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The statement of faith I posted was from Hillsong Church wiki showing what they believe now not what they believed before. Here’s a link

Hillsong Church - Wikipedia

14. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+1,343
    Christian
    Private
    I'm just not at that place from watching a 3 min video. I don't follow Bethel so I don't know how responsible their teaching is but if that 3 min video is the culmination of their error then the argument might be a little overstated. the OP makes a lot of claims without sources, I'm just asking for the sources for each point of the OP. These are serious issues that can't just be left as remarks on an internet forum.

15. Michael Collum

+3,212
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I spent a number of years amongst new age people just to see what the body can accomplish without the Holy Spirit, or the influence of another spirit. It's actually quite amazing what the body is capable of. I would caution to not jump to the conclusion of the demonic until it is confirmed in each individual case.

For example, in the videos I watched, I could see evidence of a "magic atmosphere" but no demon.

What the danger of a magic atmosphere is that it preps the body to be habitable for a demon.

I understand the danger, but jumping the gun can sometimes make matters worse.

16. Michael Collum

+3,212
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Yeah, other denominations do this all the time. Directing attention from actual teaching individuals with the statement of faith. Just because it's posted on a website, doesn't make it true.

17. amariselle

amariselle Jesus Never Fails

+4,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    If you’re not able to see the heretical claim of Jesus asking anyone for forgiveness for what it plainly is, then you most certainly will have problems seeing the much more subtle, yet just as poisonous teachings of Bethel.

You need to understand, Seth Dahl absolutely claimed this was a personal “encounter/vision” of Jesus Himself. Jesus is not to blame for the failings of any person, period. There is no Biblical justification for claiming that Jesus needs to be forgiven for the hurt other people have caused us.

You are trying to make his statements alright and they are not. To teach others that Jesus came to you asking for forgiveness for the sins and shortcomings of human beings is heretical blasphemy. God does not sin and there is no fault in Him. These people have no fear of the Lord and they have “another Jesus.”

18. Romans 8

+1,004
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I appreciate your concern but there are links posted throughout the thread that deal with many of the claims made. I am under no obligation to provide any links as I am not writing a book here, it's simply a discussion. I would recommend people familiarize themselves with these false teachers, just enough to know who they are so they may stay away from them.

19. amariselle

amariselle Jesus Never Fails

+4,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    You can rest assured it’s about much more than one three minute video. The information is out there for those who really want to know.

20. Romans 8

+1,004
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Maybe dial in the actual paragraph you are referring to. But as it's been stated all through the thread...hillsong is affiliated (edit) with Bethel church.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019