• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Islam Vs Christianity

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by Crepplin159, Oct 17, 2010.

1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I give up......yer on your own here now bro :wave:

2. higherFaith

higherFaith Well-Known Member

+108
    Catholic
    Single
    UK-Conservative
    No one touch LLoJ! I'm here for his protection! :zoro:

3. interpreter

interpreter Senior Member

+130
    Anglican
    The NIV gets a lot of things wrong. I usually quote from the NKJV.

All Bible prophecy is meant to be figured out. Otherwise what is the purpose of it?

A horseman is a man the last time I checked.

What verse?

No, but I will when I have time. Can you post the link again?

I will soon be going to meet my maker, and I'm sure I will be rewarded for taking part in the Viet Nam war.

You get everything so bass-ackwards.

The soviet Union was an atheist nation, and the Russians who fought for their atheist nation will have to answer to God.

The US brings hell and death as prophesied.

Yes, we should not support dictatorships.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  4. godisreal36

godisreal36 Well-Known Member

+72
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I don't know if this is spinal cord thing is true but it disturbs me and makes me want to throw up.

I try to turn the other cheek when i can, as much as i can without my head spinning completely around in a 360 degree turn instead of the intended 90 degrees that is needed in order to turn the other cheek properly.

One can only turn it so far before this happens so caution must also be used when turning the other cheek to your enemy. Also truth is only a slap in the face when not combined with love and mercy. They are hard to combine sometimes yet All things work for the good of those that Love God when one chooses to let them.

Sometimes i fail to turn the other cheek all together, when this happens, Grace sustains me if i let it.

The truth must always be told, its just a matter of how and when its done.

5. godisreal36

godisreal36 Well-Known Member

+72
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I'm not sure whats being said here and don't care. Mr Obama is President and worthy of respect, that's all I know. Although I don't agree with Him concerning many things,that doesn't mean im nessesarily right or wrong, he's Gods problem if there even is one, and let your voice be heard in the elections by casting a ballot, thats what they're for. God Put Mr. Obama there and we should be careful and give him and every other President the respect that God demands. Love is the greatest. Relax Gods in control. :)

I have found that like oil and water, politics and Gods word don't easily mix. Politics is full of hate on both sides and its hard to see what the truth actually is sometimes. Some have the Gift of Government concerning the HS and His gifts, others do not. Leave it up to them is my political philosophy now

Jesus is my only way now. :)

6. LittleLambofJesus

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    :D
    Thank ya mate! :)

7. Archaeopteryx

Archaeopteryx Wanderer

+2,534
    Atheist
    Private
    You don't seem to understand what it is that I am doing here... I am turning your own logic against you to show that it is your logic that is ridiculous. If and when there is an Atheist president, perhaps you will understand... perhaps by asking yourself the question: 'Who is president, and what faith is he/she?'

8. Kalevalatar

Kalevalatar Veteran

+780
    Christian
    Private
    Finland did stand up to, that much is true in the above statement, but it was the late Soviet Union that defeated Finland like hands down. After the Winter War, the "Great Whore" went on to continue its existence another half a century (and Russia is still Finland's formidable eastern neighbour, in case you haven't paid attention), whereas 1/3 of the former Finland ceased to exist, including the third largest Finnish city, Viipuri/Vyborg, which today is a thoroughly Russian city and a only a bittersweet Finnish memory.

9. interpreter

+130
    Anglican
    The Soviet Union had wanted to take all of Finland, and had to settle for a few acres.

10. Ar Cosc

Ar Cosc I only exist on the internet

+111
    Atheist
    Private
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    And Finland wanted to keep all of Finland, and lost a third of her territory. Which was hardly "a few acres"

11. interpreter

+130
    Anglican
    Finland lost 11 % of its territory. The fact that she stopped the westward advance of the far superior Soviet army is a miracle, and the first "Woe."

12. LittleLambofJesus

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Only 2 woes left then :thumbsup:

Search for 'Genesis 1:1' in the version

Reve 9:12 The woe, the one departs.
    Behold! is coming still two woes after these.

Reve 11:14 The woe, the second, departs.
    Behold! the third woe is coming swiftly

13. Ar Cosc

Ar Cosc I only exist on the internet

+111
    Atheist
    Private
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    And yet hardly a victory, regardless of the exact figure. Funny how you're concerned with accuracy now, when just a few posts ago, 130 million was just as good as 200 million.

I'm still waiting for some justification of why all these things correspond to the vague predictions in Revelations, aside from "Interpreter made it up"

14. Kalevalatar

Kalevalatar Veteran

+780
    Christian
    Private
    I have already refuted your claim "the Soviet Union wanted to take all of Finland" here and showed you how and why you got it all wrong.

Oh well, repetitio est mater studiorum.

Those territories -- "a few acres," as you call them -- included the third largest city in Finland, Viipuri/Viborg, and thus one third of the Finnish industrial and economic capacity, the one and only Finnish Arctic port and access to the Barents Sea, Petsamo, and Upiniemi just 25 miles from the nation's capital, Helsinki (as well as "a few acres" like my mother's childhood home & summer villa -- 500,000 Finns were left homeless (of a total pop. of 3 million), you know, and became IDPs, internally displaced persons, a.k.a. refugees -- but hey, who's counting...).

Imagine the US's having to cede Alaska, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois (including Chicago), and Indiana, parts of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York and Ohio, the Florida Keys and the Gulf island off coast, plus the strategic military bases around Washington D.C. -- say, Quantico, Andrews AFB, and Ft. George G. Meade -- to a not-so-friendly & tame Canada (and boom, now you have 70 million internal refugees to resettle, your major cities & infrastructure is in ruins, you have major food shortage, plus you owe a few billion dollars to Canada for war reparations, which you are obliged to pay like tomorrow, or else...) and maybe, just maybe, you'll get the picture.

15. LittleLambofJesus

+28,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    He also the same one that said 9/11 is when the Euphrates dried up. :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t7467399/#post54725165
    Islam

Good post!
    Muslims are the 7th head of the beast to conquer Jerusalem, and they trampled Jerusalem for 1260 years as prophesied.

Now they want to conquer Jerusalem again, and are hell-bent on starting the Battle of Ar Mageddon (which Muslims call the Mother of All Battles).
    The Euphrates was dry on 9/11 when the first shot was fired.

16. Kalevalatar

Kalevalatar Veteran

+780
    Christian
    Private
    Except, Stalin never envisioned a "westward advance" via Fennoscandia, the archives are wide open now -- it was Lenin, after all, who granted Finland her independence, most likely simply to avoid having to deal with the Finns -- who were not culturally Russian/Slavs at all -- not at all unlike the Tsars before him. Meanwhile, during the Cold War years, the United States of America maintained plans to nuke Finland in order to stop Soviet advance. Stalin had no plans to simply nuke the Finns and be done with them. "Woe" here and "Woe" there, I'd say.

17. TG123

TG123 Regular Member

+172
    Christian
    Married
    What does the KJV say?

So when these things are happening we will know what is going on. What counts is that you are loyal to Jesus and believe in Him, endtimes or not.

Do ordinary men come from seals broken open in heaven?

The one you brought up when claiming it was about D-Day.

Here is my blog: www.livingstones-tomasz.blogspot.com

These are some of the pages that have to do with peaceful protests I have witnessed and the army's reaction. Many more in the blog, read it and go through it for more examples if you have time.

Living Stones: video from August 14, 2010 demo

Living Stones: Playing tag with the IDF

Living Stones

We will all meet Him one day. I don't believe you will be rewarded for killing Vietnamese people, I believe that He will forgive you if you ask Him for forgiveness and put your faith in Jesus.

Use spell checker.

The atheist rulers forced the Russians to serve them or they would be murdered. Americans who willingly fought in US invasions of other countries and co-operated in US backed mass murder in the developing world will have to answer too, and most of them will not be able to state that they were forced.

18. interpreter

+130
    Anglican
    the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

agreed.

The opening of the seals reveals events on earth.

There are 9 verses about D-Day

I often attend the Livingstones Church. Any connection?

I do not need forgiveness for killing the enemies of my Christian nation. I was obeying a command of Jesus.

If all the young men had refused to serve, as they should have, what was the head atheist gonna do? Kill them all?
    They did what they did for their Christian nation.

The 5 horsemen are the good guys.

The US is not perfect.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  19. sdmsanjose

sdmsanjose Regular Member

+357
    Christian
    Married
    Revelation 22 (King James Version)

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book

20. TG123

TG123 Regular Member

+172
    Christian
    Married
    OK, thanks.

They were opened in Heaven. The horsemen come out of them.

None of them are about D-Day.

No. I called it living stones because Jesus said that to the pharisees who were angry at His apostles praising Him that if they were silent, even the stones would cry out. I found that saying so awesome that I wanted to call my blog 'living stones'- and of course no, stones are not alive. Also, the inhabitants of Israel and Palestine are called by some to be the "living stones"- they live in a place with so much history and if you ever go to the Old City you will see the stone walls and buildings and its inhabitants live among all that history and are part of it, so I think the term "living stones" is appropriate too.

You do need to ask forgiveness. You were disobeying His command to love your enemies.

Do you have any idea how many people Stalin killed? Most Americans didn't have the guts to oppose Bush or to take a stand against abortion and risk a short jail term or fine and most white Americans didn't do squat for their black fellow citizens as they stood up for their civil rights... yet you are going to be condemning the Russian Christians who faced and suffered death... in the millions???

They murdered innocents to serve evil leaders following Satan.

True. They are also not earthly nations.

Then it is not the Kingdom of God.