Islam Vs Christianity

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
So if every soldier had their own tank, and their own personal landing craft, and every Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster ever made, in air support, you get up to about 180 million horsepower. You're still falling well short.
Add the Navy ships.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Add the Navy ships.

I could, but I'm tired of playing this game. Do your own legwork, but I guarantee you there will not be 200 million horsepower.

They also didn't kill one third of the earth's population, like they were supposed to. Did they not get that memo from Jesus?

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
WE are still ruled by Christians, but not by whites.

Why, interpreter? Apply your own ridiculous logic for once: majority rules. Christians are a majority. Ergo, they rule. Whites are a majority. Ergo, they rule. Or your other logic: America was founded by Christians. Ergo, a Christian nation. America was founded by whites. Ergo, a White nation. Don't pretend that the problem lies elsewhere. The problem lies in the very logic underlying these claims.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Add the Navy ships.

We do that and we'll be well over the target number -- rendering the Bible's "prophecy" just as worthless.

Yo're going to have to pick and choose very carefully to shoehorn this prophecy into WWII.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
www.ddaymuseum.org/faq.htm said:
How many Allied troops were involved in D-Day? On D-Day, the Allies landed around 156,000 troops in Normandy. The American forces landed numbered 73,000: 23,250 on Utah Beach, 34,250 on Omaha Beach, and 15,500 airborne troops. In the British and Canadian sector, 83,115 troops were landed (61,715 of them British): 24,970 on Gold Beach, 21,400 on Juno Beach, 28,845 on Sword Beach, and 7900 airborne troops.
11,590 aircraft were available to support the landings. On D-Day, Allied aircraft flew 14,674 sorties, and 127 were lost.
In the airborne landings on both flanks of the beaches, 2395 aircraft and 867 gliders of the RAF and USAAF were used on D-Day.
Operation Neptune involved huge naval forces, including 6939 vessels: 1213 naval combat ships, 4126 landing ships and landing craft, 736 ancillary craft and 864 merchant vessels. Some 195,700 personnel were assigned to Operation Neptune: 52,889 US, 112,824 British, and 4988 from other Allied countries.
By the end of 11 June (D + 5), 326,547 troops, 54,186 vehicles and 104,428 tons of supplies had been landed on the beaches.
As well as the troops who landed in Normandy on D-Day, and those in supporting roles at sea and in the air, millions more men and women in the Allied countries were involved in the preparations for D-Day. They played thousands of different roles, both in the armed forces and as civilians.

11,590 aircraft, which would have been a mix of 1, 2, and 4 engined craft. Let's assume the average number of engines was 2, and that they were the common Rolls-Royce Merlins, churning out 1100 horsepower, that means 25.5 million horsepower in the air.

51,186 vehicles. Obviously not all of these would have been tanks, with the big 400hp engines. For example, the jeeps only had 60 hp engines. We'll say the average horsepower was around 250hp, to be generous. That's 12.8 million horsepower on the land (and that's not just D Day, but the 5 days after as well), for a total of 38.3 million hp. Well short of your 200 million.

Now if we add in the naval support, it says there were 1,213 naval combat ships. Again, let's be generous, and use a light cruiser as the average size of warship, even though it is probably above average, considering many would have been smaller motor torpedo boats, and the like. HMS Glasgow had a shaft horsepower of 75,000hp, so the total of all the warships is just under 91 million hp. The running total is 129.3 million hp.

4,126 landing craft. Using the US Landing Craft (Large), which had a 250hp engine, that gives us another 1 million horsepower. Running total, 130.3 million hp.

So that just leaves the merchant vessels and ancillary ships. This was a difficult one, but assuming they were Liberty Ships, which were again relatively large, they would have had 2,500hp engines. 1500-odd of them gives another 3.75 million hp, bringing the running total for all of the Allied forces, both combat and support, for Operation Overlord, to just under 135 million hp. It's impressive, but it's not 200 million, and remember I was being generous with the allocations of horsepower to the various categories.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
I could, but I'm tired of playing this game. Do your own legwork, but I guarantee you there will not be 200 million horsepower.

They also didn't kill one third of the earth's population, like they were supposed to. Did they not get that memo from Jesus?
The 4 angelic Allied nations went to war with the third of the earth alligned with Hitler.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
11,590 aircraft, which would have been a mix of 1, 2, and 4 engined craft. Let's assume the average number of engines was 2, and that they were the common Rolls-Royce Merlins, churning out 1100 horsepower, that means 25.5 million horsepower in the air.

51,186 vehicles. Obviously not all of these would have been tanks, with the big 400hp engines. For example, the jeeps only had 60 hp engines. We'll say the average horsepower was around 250hp, to be generous. That's 12.8 million horsepower on the land (and that's not just D Day, but the 5 days after as well), for a total of 38.3 million hp. Well short of your 200 million.

Now if we add in the naval support, it says there were 1,213 naval combat ships. Again, let's be generous, and use a light cruiser as the average size of warship, even though it is probably above average, considering many would have been smaller motor torpedo boats, and the like. HMS Glasgow had a shaft horsepower of 75,000hp, so the total of all the warships is just under 91 million hp. The running total is 129.3 million hp.

4,126 landing craft. Using the US Landing Craft (Large), which had a 250hp engine, that gives us another 1 million horsepower. Running total, 130.3 million hp.

So that just leaves the merchant vessels and ancillary ships. This was a difficult one, but assuming they were Liberty Ships, which were again relatively large, they would have had 2,500hp engines. 1500-odd of them gives another 3.75 million hp, bringing the running total for all of the Allied forces, both combat and support, for Operation Overlord, to just under 135 million hp. It's impressive, but it's not 200 million, and remember I was being generous with the allocations of horsepower to the various categories.
There is no other day in history when close to 200 million horses were "prepared" for one day. And the beaches of Normany are pointed to by the starguide of ch. 1. which points us to all of the good things foretold.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The 4 angelic Allied nations went to war with the third of the earth alligned with Hitler.

Population of Nazi Germany; 90 million
Population of Imperial Japan; 72 million
Population of Fascist Italy; 43 million

Population of the world in the 1940s; ~2.3 billion.

The Axis powers were not even close to having one third of the earth's population. In fact, they only comprised 8.6%. And as Nathan Poe said, they weren't killed, so even if they were a third of the earth's population, you're still wrong.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There is no other day in history when close to 200 million horses were "prepared" for one day. And the beaches of Normany are pointed to by the starguide of ch. 1. which points us to all of the good things foretold.

So maybe the prophecy hasn't happened yet? And maybe it never will? I mean, Jesus would have been perfectly capable of saying "130 million horses", but he didn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Why, interpreter? Apply your own ridiculous logic for once: majority rules. Christians are a majority. Ergo, they rule. Whites are a majority. Ergo, they rule. Or your other logic: America was founded by Christians. Ergo, a Christian nation. America was founded by whites. Ergo, a White nation. Don't pretend that the problem lies elsewhere. The problem lies in the very logic underlying these claims.
You are so ridiculous. Who is president, and what color is he?

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Population of Nazi Germany; 90 million
Population of Imperial Japan; 72 million
Population of Fascist Italy; 43 million

Population of the world in the 1940s; ~2.3 billion.

The Axis powers were not even close to having one third of the earth's population. In fact, they only comprised 8.6%. And as Nathan Poe said, they weren't killed, so even if they were a third of the earth's population, you're still wrong.
Germany conquered many nations:
Poland september 1939 Denmark April 1940 Norway April-july 1940 Netherlands 10th - 15th May 1940 Belguim May 1940 France May - june 1940 Yugoslavia spring 1941 Greece Spring 1941 Africa Spring 1941 (till el alemaine)

Read more: Answers.com - What were some early German victories in World War 2

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Germany conquered many nations:
Poland september 1939 Denmark April 1940 Norway April-july 1940 Netherlands 10th - 15th May 1940 Belguim May 1940 France May - june 1940 Yugoslavia spring 1941 Greece Spring 1941 Africa Spring 1941 (till el alemaine)

Read more: Answers.com - What were some early German victories in World War 2

The subjugated peoples were hardly "aligned with Hitler".

And besides: World Population Growth History Chart

Europe had a population of ~580 million in 1940. Significantly less than a third of Europe's population. The D Day landing force never fought Japan, or the territories they controlled.

In 1940, Europe had a population of about 580 million. Take away Sweden, Spain, Portugal, and a large part of the USSR, and you're down to

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus says those days were cut short.
5 months it not that long of a time.

Young) Revelation 9:5 and it was given to them that they may not kill them, but that they may be tormented five months, and their torment [is] as the torment of a scorpion, when it may strike a man;

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

*snip*

.......This memorable siege terminated on the eighth day of the ninth month, A. D. 70 : its duration was nearly five months, the Romans having invested the city on the fourteenth day of the fourth month, preceeding. ..........

...........In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings. Thus was this great City, which only five months before, had been crowded with nearly two millions of people, who gloried in its impregnable strength, entirely depopulated, and levelled with the ground. ............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
He didn't give a date, or an exact location. Telling Hitler an invasion might come from the general direction in which allied troops were massing at some point during the war is hardly tipping him off.
You are the one who said why didn't Jesus give John the exact location (i.e, the English channel)

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

And this says Hitler how, exactly?
Hitler's Third Reich (or Third reign of Rome) is the third six of the 666 trilogy (with the Rome of John's day being the original head # 6. , the Second Reich (WW I Germany) being the second six, and Hitler being the third head # 6.

And yet not one person on a 50 page thread on one of the largest Christian communities on the internet has agreed with you.
Some have agreed with me on certain points.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Hitler's Third Reich (or Third reign of Rome) is the third six of the 666 trilogy (with the Rome of John's day being the original head # 6. , the Second Reich (WW I Germany) being the second six, and Hitler being the third head # 6.

Where are you getting these 6s from?

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
5 months it not that long of a time.

Young) Revelation 9:5 and it was given to them that they may not kill them, but that they may be tormented five months, and their torment [is] as the torment of a scorpion, when it may strike a man;

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

*snip*

.......This memorable siege terminated on the eighth day of the ninth month, A. D. 70 : its duration was nearly five months, the Romans having invested the city on the fourteenth day of the fourth month, preceeding. ..........

...........In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings. Thus was this great City, which only five months before, had been crowded with nearly two millions of people, who gloried in its impregnable strength, entirely depopulated, and levelled with the ground. ............
Now you are switching to the 5th trumpet prophecy. But that is OK. It refers to the 5 month Winter War between Finland and the USSR. Frostbite like the sting of scorpion tormented the Soviet soldiers for 5 months, allowing tiny Finland to stand up to, and defeat, the great harlot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You are the one who said why didn't Jesus give John the exact location (i.e, the English channel)
And I've just pointed out why your explanation doesn't make sense.

So you keep on saying, with zero justification. Nowhere in the few lines of scripture you pointed us to gives any indication that the sixes point to three nations, and even if there was such an indication, the selection of Hitler's Germany seems completely arbitrary.

Some have agreed with me on certain points.

And yet none support your view that all atheists should be murdered, and very few agree with your interpretations of scripture, which are half-baked at best.

Upvote 0