Is the RFID Chip the Mark of the Beast?

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
No because true Christians worship any and every day. But the Sabbath will always be the 7th day. It's that simple. Worship on the day that you like but let no one say that the Sabbath Day has changed - that is a lie.

That's the entire point... Jesus never directed His Body to keep the Sabbath because we are not under the Law... His Church is under the New Covenant which the early church was led by the Holy Spirit to meet on Sunday, and they were not directed by the Holy Spirit to ever call it the Sabbath!

Observing Saturday as being the Sabbath is something the Jews do as they attempt to keep the Law, and continue to fall short of keeping it with perfection as Jesus Christ is the only Jew Who ever kept it perfectly.

Upvote 0

candle glow

whatever I want to be
Jan 2, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
✟18,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said, "come to me all you who are weary, and I will give you rest (sabbath)". We don't come to Jesus one day a week. We come to him every day.

The issue about Sunday worship being the Mark really does not address what the prophecy says about the Mark being used to control buying and selling.

This issue of buying/selling is a repeating theme all throughout the NT. If you want to turn people away from God, what is the best way to do that? Sunday worship? Nah, there are many, many, many, many people in the world who don't care anything about Sunday worship.

BUT, what about buying and selling? Everyone does it, with the exception of very few people.

Jesus also addressed the issue of money. He said that we cannot work for two masters. He said God is one master and money is the other; we cannot work for both at the same time without cheating on one or the other. He said we will love one and hate the other. Why work for something you hate?

I believe Jesus was addressing our motivations for why we work, why we help one another. Do we only help one another because we expect payment? That's not how the values of Heaven work.

But for now, people can pretend. Their motivations for why they work can be money, while they claim that it's really for love.

The Mark represents a final line in the sand; no more pretending. You either reject it and align yourself with the values of Heaven, or you take it and align yourself with the values of the world, where people only help one another because they expect payment.

This issue goes MUCH deeper than which day of the week is the appropriate day to worship God (as though it could be limited to a single day).

Upvote 0

Breezee

Matthew 7:25
Dec 22, 2012
✟7,727.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus said, "come to me all you who are weary, and I will give you rest (sabbath)". We don't come to Jesus one day a week. We come to him every day.

The issue about Sunday worship being the Mark really does not address what the prophecy says about the Mark being used to control buying and selling.

This issue of buying/selling is a repeating theme all throughout the NT. If you want to turn people away from God, what is the best way to do that? Sunday worship? Nah, there are many, many, many, many people in the world who don't care anything about Sunday worship.

BUT, what about buying and selling? Everyone does it, with the exception of very few people.

Jesus also addressed the issue of money. He said that we cannot work for two masters. He said God is one master and money is the other; we cannot work for both at the same time without cheating on one or the other. He said we will love one and hate the other. Why work for something you hate?

I believe Jesus was addressing our motivations for why we work, why we help one another. Do we only help one another because we expect payment? That's not how the values of Heaven work.

But for now, people can pretend. Their motivations for why they work can be money, while they claim that it's really for love.

The Mark represents a final line in the sand; no more pretending. You either reject it and align yourself with the values of Heaven, or you take it and align yourself with the values of the world, where people only help one another because they expect payment.

This issue goes MUCH deeper than which day of the week is the appropriate day to worship God (as though it could be limited to a single day).

Very nicely said Candle. :amen:

Jesus said
"Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?" (Luke 12:24).

Do you suppose the ravens are in danger of getting the Mark of the Beast? And why not?

And what about the flowers?
"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." (Luke 12:27)

What Jesus is talking about is stepping outside of the system and trusting God. Like Candle says "there will be no more pretending". You just have to choose your priorities.

God or Money!
"If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith?" (Luke 12:28)

Upvote 0

like eagleswings

discovering
Dec 28, 2011
england
✟16,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
No because true Christians worship any and every day. But the Sabbath will always be the 7th day. It's that simple. Worship on the day that you like but let no one say that the Sabbath Day has changed - that is a lie.

Mar 2:27 And he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
Mar 2:28 So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath."
(ESV Translation)

Christ closed His discourse by reminding the Pharisees that the Sabbath was instituted by God for man's benefit, not for his bondage

if you rest on Thursday,or Wednesday,it does not matter,its simply good to have a break. we not bound by religouse legalism and laws.

worship is not just on sunday,worship is a way of life in the holy spirit by the way we live.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
worship is not just on sunday,worship is a way of life in the holy spirit by the way we live.

Yes, and Jesus has directed His Body to assemble on Sunday when He led the Apostles to start doing this after they became born-again on the Day of Pentecost in the Book of Acts.

He said we should not forsake the gathering of ourselves, so we have to assemble together as a corporate Body sometimes, and Jesus Christ has directed Sunday be that day to be different than what the Jews observe under the Law on purpose cause this be the New Covenant where some things are different.

For those that insist on observing Saturday, then you'll also need to sacrifice animals for the atonement of your sin which means you are still under the Law having rejected Jesus in favor of the Law... good luck wit all dat!

Upvote 0

candle glow

whatever I want to be
Jan 2, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
✟18,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nice posts, breeze and eagleswings.

This thread is meant to be about the Mark of the Beast. If people want to talk about Sunday workship in that context, I think it's fine, but it's really not meant to be a thread about Sunday worship vs Saturday worship.

I think this line from eagleswings ties in nicely with the spirit of what I was getting at earlier, and what breeze was getting at with his posts.

Worship is more than just singing songs or praising God or whatever. It involves our attitudes towards God and others around us and it involves what we do with our time

We show who/what we worship by who/what we give our time to. This is why Jesus said that we cannot serve two masters without cheating on one or the other; we cannot serve God and mammon (money and the things money can buy) without cheating on one or the other.

In a world where people believe that they will die without working for money, "buying and selling" becomes the perfect tool for turning people away from God's system of showing love for one another.

They are two opposite systems.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mar 2:27 And he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
(ESV Translation)

Christ closed His discourse by reminding the Pharisees that the Sabbath was instituted by God for man's benefit, not for his bondage

if you rest on Thursday,or Wednesday,it does not matter,its simply good to have a break. we not bound by religouse legalism and laws.

This is both philosophically and literally true. Considering the Hebrews did not follow Julian or Gregorian standards for time keeping concerning their Godly holy days, the day of the week for Sabbaths was varied.

The first day of the year was determined by when the new moon occurred AFTER the barley turned green. This is a time most likely after the spring equinox, and has been taken as such. So, the first day of the week may occur on a Julian Tuesday. This year it was a Gregorian Wednesday night - April 10, 2013. So, that would technically mean the Sabbath would begin Tuesday at nightfall, and end on Wednesday nightfall. The Passover would be Gregorian April 24 at nightfall and so on.

Upvote 0

SilverBlade

May 12, 2013
✟16,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is both philosophically and literally true. Considering the Hebrews did not follow Julian or Gregorian standards for time keeping concerning their Godly holy days, the day of the week for Sabbaths was varied.

The first day of the year was determined by when the new moon occurred AFTER the barley turned green. This is a time most likely after the spring equinox, and has been taken as such. So, the first day of the week may occur on a Julian Tuesday. This year it was a Gregorian Wednesday night - April 10, 2013. So, that would technically mean the Sabbath would begin Tuesday at nightfall, and end on Wednesday nightfall. The Passover would be Gregorian April 24 at nightfall and so on.

If the Sabbath "day" goes from Tuesday evening to Wednesday evening, that means that no one - not even the Jews or Messianic Christians, could possibly keep the Sabbath as their regular M-F 9-5 job would interfere with it.

Upvote 0

Hizikyah

so many with enmity to righteousness, it's scary
Aug 21, 2013
✟388.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That's the entire point... Jesus never directed His Body to keep the Sabbath because we are not under the Law... His Church is under the New Covenant which the early church was led by the Holy Spirit to meet on Sunday, and they were not directed by the Holy Spirit to ever call it the Sabbath!

Observing Saturday as being the Sabbath is something the Jews do as they attempt to keep the Law, and continue to fall short of keeping it with perfection as Jesus Christ is the only Jew Who ever kept it perfectly.

Yes, and Jesus has directed His Body to assemble on Sunday when He led the Apostles to start doing this after they became born-again on the Day of Pentecost in the Book of Acts.

He said we should not forsake the gathering of ourselves, so we have to assemble together as a corporate Body sometimes, and Jesus Christ has directed Sunday be that day to be different than what the Jews observe under the Law on purpose cause this be the New Covenant where some things are different.

For those that insist on observing Saturday, then you'll also need to sacrifice animals for the atonement of your sin which means you are still under the Law having rejected Jesus in favor of the Law... good luck wit all dat!

Here is what Yahshua said:

Mattithayh 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Luke 16:17, "But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one yodh of the Law to fail."

Mattithyah 7:21-23, "Not everyone who says to Me; Teacher! Teacher! will enter into the Kingdom of Yahweh, but only he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day; Teacher! Teacher! Have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and in Your Name performed many wonderful works? But then I will declare to them; I never knew you. Get away from Me, you who practice iniquity."

Iniquity is Word #458 from word #459, Greek Dictionary, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, meaning not subject to (Yahweh's) Laws, transgressor

Also everybody that says Sabbath is every day, keeps NO DAY HOLY. It is impossiblr to have Sabbath every day, if you did you could NEVER DO ANYTHING for your own gain. How would you pay your bills and eat? When is the last time you went 24hrs without have any conversation about anything that does not involve Yahweh? Because that is what Sabbath is about ONLY doing the work of Yahweh, NOTHING of your own.

You can not have the mark of the beast and the mark of Yahweh both, its one or the other.

Exodus 13:9, "And it shall be as a *sign to you upon your hand and as a memorial between your eyes, that Yahweh's Law shall be in your mouth; for with a strong hand Yahweh has brought you out of Egypt."

*Sign is Word #226, Hebrew Dictionary, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, meaning mark, token, sign, consent, flag, evidence of consent.

Exodus 31:13-17, "Speak also to the children of Israyl, saying; Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for they are a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am Yahweh Who sanctifies you, and makes you holy"....16-17, "Therefore the children of Israyl shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the
children of Israyl forever, for in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, and on the Seventh Day He rested and was refreshed."

Ezekiel 20:12, "Moreover, I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am Yahweh Who sanctifies them."

Isayah 56:1-7, "This is what Yahweh says: Keep the judgments, and do justly; for My salvation is near, soon, to come, and My righteousness to be revealed. Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who lays hold on it; who keeps the Sabbaths without polluting; defiling, them; and keeps his hand from doing dany evil. Do not let the son of the Gentile, who has joined himself to Yahweh, speak, saying; Yahweh has utterly separated me from His people. Nor let the eunuch say; Behold, I am a dry tree. For this is what Yahweh says: To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths, and choose those things which eplease Me, and hold fast to My covenant: I will give to them, in My House, even within My walls, a place and a Name equal to that of sons and of daughters; I will give them the Name of The Everlasting: YAHWEH; which will not be cut off. Also the sons of the Gentile who join themselves to Yahweh, to serve Him, and to love the Name of Yahweh, to be His servants--everyone who keeps the Sabbaths without polluting; defiling, them and who holds fast to My covenant--I will bring them to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My House of prayer..."

Romans 9:6-8, "However, it is not as though Yahweh's plan had failed. For it is not everyone who is a descendant of Israyl who belongs to Israyl. Nor, just because they are his descendants, are they all Abraham's children; but: In Isaac will your seed be called. That is, it is not those who are the children of the flesh who are Yahweh's children; but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's seed."

Galations 3:28,29, "Is there not the Yahdai as well as the Greek; Gentile? Is there not the slave as well as the freeman? Is there not the male and the female? For all of you must be in unity in Yahshua Messiah. And if you are in Messiah, then you are a seed of Abraham, heirs according to the promise."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hizikyah

so many with enmity to righteousness, it's scary
Aug 21, 2013
✟388.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If the Sabbath "day" goes from Tuesday evening to Wednesday evening, that means that no one - not even the Jews or Messianic Christians, could possibly keep the Sabbath as their regular M-F 9-5 job would interfere with it.

That is if they care more about their job than Yahweh.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2013
Praying for my wife's salvation
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(ESV Translation)

I didn't say anything about resting. I said that the Sabbath (the day that God sanctified) is the seventh day and it will ALWAYS be the seventh day. That will NEVER change. I don't care when you rest or worship - that is entirely your choice - but don't say that the Sabbath Day has changed. That is false.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom

"The Sabbath was made for MAN, and not man the Sabbath."

For one thing, I don't think 9-5 jobs were the same as they are today in Christ's time. Even if they were, there would have been a cultural movement and understanding that the Hebrews followed which set them apart from other Romans. In a similar way, think of how the States recognize Amish, or Muslims. Where do white-collar Muslims fit in the time to pray 5 times a day? Essentially, that is not an issue.

On to the Sabbath; I did not write the rules, so don't shoot the messenger. God explicitly spelled out how we are to celebrate Holy Days in several places. The most detailed is in Exodus 12. Christmas is not a holy day. Easter is not a holy day. The 7 holy days are described in exodus 12 - when and how they should be celebrated, as well as the weekly holy day the Sabbath. I said THIS YEAR the Sabbath began on Tuesday, I don't know what day it began in Christ's time because I don't know when the new moon of that month rose. The Hebrew word for Month is Moon; so the phrase "new moon" is literally "new month" in Hebrew.

The Julian and Gregorian calendar is an attempt to designate some sort of continuity in time keeping, but it doesn't work spiritually. Years, months, and even days are not constants. Sometimes days last for 96 hours - as it did with Israel was at war in the bible. A technical day begins with the waxing of night, and ends with the waning of daylight into night.

Upvote 0

singlecandle

Feb 27, 2013
✟15,448.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I do believe the devil is more cunning than this. Could it be possible that he can have us worrying so much about not receiving a physical mark that the spiritual gets lost. The devil can operate with a physical mark as well for a distraction to what the real issue is. Having folks think that all they need to do to not accept the mark of the beast is refuse a chip or a tattoo when it is much deeper than that.

Prophecykid is right. The issue is not whether or not you take the mark...the issue is...are you obedient to the grace of Jesus and His Gospel-if you do not worship Christ you will be deceived and will take the mark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Breezee

Matthew 7:25
Dec 22, 2012
✟7,727.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Prophecykid is right. The issue is not whether or not you take the mark...the issue is...are you obedient to the grace of Jesus and His Gospel-if you do not worship Christ you will be deceived and will take the mark.
It's true that the spiritual issue more important in some respects. The issues has always been
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon" (Mat 6:24).
Which is why I think the Mark of the Beast is the final test for Christians.
And the way I read it, it certainly does not sound optional.
Rev 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Rev 14:10
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Rev 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Does that sound like something you can just say "it doesn't matter if you take it or not? The spiritual and the physical are obviously linked, which is why it comes with such a strong warning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0