Visit site
✟294,030.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Like verses about God's blessing to come on Israel being a literal CME literally 7 times brighter than the sun (which sounds suspiciously unscientific
You lose any credibility you may have had, by rejecting the well known and documented fact of the suns capability to explode out masses of superheated Hydrogen plasma.
They do happen and the one instigated by the Lord, will be of unprecedented magnitude, fulfilling all the graphic Prophesies about that terrible Day.

Obviously you reject the end time Prophesies, you therefore choose to think nothing will change your lifestyle until Jesus Returns.

Your two scriptures do not refer to the glorious Return, but to the Sixth Seal Lord's Day of fiery wrath.
Proved by how the Return will not be unexpected and no one will be 'taken', that is; killed, other than Satan's army; then.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,045.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You lose any credibility you may have had, by rejecting the well known and documented fact of the suns capability to explode out masses of superheated Hydrogen plasma.
I didn't say CME's were unscientific but your false attempt to squish a verse of blessing into a CME curse on the world = exactly 7 times brighter.

They do happen and the one instigated by the Lord, will be of unprecedented magnitude, fulfilling all the graphic Prophesies about that terrible Day.
So you say.
Before 2026.
Because the AOD, or something...

Obviously you reject the end time Prophesies,
You've quoted hundreds of verses at me.
I reject none of them - just your ability to understand what they're saying because of your interpretive grid when approaching them. What happened to hermeneutics?

you therefore choose to think nothing will change your lifestyle until Jesus Returns.
Oh well - can't step away from that Bulverism hey? :sorry:

Your two scriptures do not refer to the glorious Return, but to the Sixth Seal Lord's Day of fiery wrath.
So you say.

Proved by how the Return will not be unexpected and no one will be 'taken', that is; killed, other than Satan's army; then.
:doh:I honestly don't know what book you're reading? Even the Return in Revelation has judgment.

Revelation 20
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
Revelation 21
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Now compare this with...

2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

MATTHEW 24:35-44
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.... “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,030.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I reject none of them - just your ability to understand what they're saying because of your interpretive grid when approaching them. What happened to hermeneutics?
Again, I am so happy that I was never subjected to Bible College brainwashing.
All the ways they use to make the scriptures suit their fanciful beliefs. But that is the way God wants it.
My Methodist upbringing never even mentioned Prophecy. I studied it for myself and I present them without any preconceived notions.

Have an nice end times!

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,045.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...and I present them without any preconceived notions.
Like a doctor saying they're treating without any preconceived western medicine or "blindly following science..."

But yeah, you really made those verses above go away! :oldthumbsup: :doh:

Upvote 0

timtams

Aug 26, 2018
South
✟74,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The contentious issue of when Revelation was written is only important to those with the agenda of making Revelation fit the Roman conquest of Judea.
Perhaps. There again, it might be of historical interest to those who care about early Christian history.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The meaning of Jonah's name is Dove which is symbolic for the Holy Spirit, Matthew 3:16. Therefore Jonah's warning for the great city of Nineveh to repent within 40 days, could be prophetic for the Holy Spirit's message for mankind to repent and believe in Christ's salvation, before God's eternal judgment begins on the symbolic 40th day of Yom Kippur at the end of the tribulation, John 16:7-11.

In Part 1 of Jonah's study I said the 30 days of the trumpet blasts during the month of Elul that reminded Israel to repent before the 10 day Feast of Trumpets began, might be prophetic for 30 years of birth pangs that will precede the tribulation in 2031.

Therefore the twin towers that fell in New York on 9-11-2001, could be the first year of Elul's symbolic trumpets that are warning sinful mankind to repent and believe in Jesus salvation before the tribulation begins.

I also mentioned the chapter and verse numbers in 2Tim 3:1-8, 2Peter3:1-8, Ezekiel 20:31 to 20:38 and 2Chron 3:1-8, appear to be hidden clues for the years of the tribulation from 2031 to 2038. In addition to this the scriptures in Joel 2:31-32 and Luke 2:38 seem to be describing events that will be fulled in the tribulation during these specific years.

When you recognize all of these numerical clues are pointing to the time of the tribulation, and realize God's warning for Nineveh to repent is mentioned in Jonah 3:1 to 3:8, then its possible these scriptures are also prophetic for 2031 to 2038, when sinful mankind will be given one last opportunity to repent and believe in Christ before God's eternal judgment begins at the end of the tribulation.
  • 2031 Jonah 3:1 Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying,
  • 2032 Jonah 3:2 "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and call out against it the message that I tell you."
  • 2033 Jonah 3:3 So Jonah arose and went to Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceedingly great city, three days' journey in breadth.
  • 2034 Jonah 3:4 Jonah began to go into the city, going a day's journey. And he called out, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!"
  • 2035 Jonah 3:5 And the people of Nineveh believed God. They called for a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them to the least of them.
  • 2036 Jonah 3:6 The word reached the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, removed his robe, covered himself with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
  • 2037 Jonah 3:7 And he issued a proclamation and published through Nineveh, "By the decree of the king and his nobles: Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything. Let them not feed or drink water,
  • 2038 Jonah 3:8-9 but let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and let them call out mightily to God. Let everyone turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. (9) Who knows? God may turn and relent and turn from his fierce anger, so that we may not perish."
I believe these 10 verses in the third chapter of Jonah represent God's end-time warning for mankind to repent during the 10 day Feast of Trumpets that's symbolic for the tribulation.

While the 10th verse when God relented from his judgment for Nineveh who repented, may be symbolic for the 10th day of the Feast of Trumpets on Yom Kippur at the end of the tribulation when God will separate the sheep from the goats, Matthew 25:31-46.

Jonah 3:10 When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God relented of the disaster that he had said he would do to them, and he did not do it.

The survivors of nations who repented
in the tribulation will return to worship the Lord
Zechariah 14:16 Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem (in the tribulation) shall go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

Isaiah 19:21-25 And the LORD will make himself known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians will know the LORD in that day and worship with sacrifice and offering, and they will make vows to the LORD and perform them. (22) And the LORD will strike Egypt, striking and healing, and they will return to the LORD, and he will listen to their pleas for mercy and heal them. (23) In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and Assyria will come into Egypt, and Egypt into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians. (24) In that day Israel will be the third with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, (25) whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance."

From the scriptures in Zechariah 14 and Isaiah 19 it appears the people of Nineveh in the land of Assyria who believed in Jonah's message and turned from their evil ways, is prophetic for the survivors of the tribulation (Isa 19:24-25) who will believe in Christ's salvation and will worship him when he reigns as the King of righteousness in Jerusalem, Hebrews 7:1-3.

Jesus said the wicked generation He was living in would see the sign of Jonah.

This was begun by Jesus until He died and was risen from the dead.

The sign of Jonah was continued by Apostle Paul who was the apostle to the gentiles and took a similar route by boat.

Paul even had an intense desire for his people, the jews, to be saved. However, he was only sent to the gentiles just like Jonah.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,045.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said the wicked generation He was living in would see the sign of Jonah.

This was begun by Jesus until He died and was risen from the dead.

The sign of Jonah was continued by Apostle Paul who was the apostle to the gentiles and took a similar route by boat.

Paul even had an intense desire for his people, the jews, to be saved. However, he was only sent to the gentiles just like Jonah.
I always thought it was Jesus death and resurrection that was the sign of Jonah

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I always thought it was Jesus death and resurrection that was the sign of Jonah
Not the entire sign of Jonah, Jesus' death signified Jonah's time in the giant sea creature. Jesus was no longer on earth to continue the sign due to also fulfilling other prophecies, Paul completed the sequence of that sign for that generation.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,045.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not the entire sign of Jonah, Jesus' death signified Jonah's time in the giant sea creature. Jesus was no longer on earth to continue the sign due to also fulfilling other prophecies, Paul completed the sequence of that sign for that generation.
Nah - the sign of Jonah is Jesus death and resurrection and preaching the gospel keeps exactly that 'sign' - now a reality - applicable. No need to go all Captain Birdseye on this - it's all about the gospel, not Paul's boat time.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Nah - the sign of Jonah is Jesus death and resurrection and preaching the gospel keeps exactly that 'sign' - now a reality - applicable. No need to go all Captain Birdseye on this - it's all about the gospel, not Paul's boat time.
That definitely is the meat of the message for sure.

But to the jewish 1st century Christians, an apostle to the gentiles was profound, and perhaps what God wanted Jonah to be like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Obviously you reject the end time Prophesies, you therefore choose to think nothing will change your lifestyle until Jesus Returns.

it will be more than just superheated gases, heres one possible example.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
ADVISOR HAT ON

Here’s a reminder of the rule concerning Disruptive Behavior.

• Making posts that speak of any Staff action either with you or another member (including any bans, warnings, or editing or removal of posts).
If you have a complaint, go to the Support Area.

ADVISOR HAT OFF

• Informative
Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ADVISOR HAT ON

Here’s a reminder of the rule concerning Disruptive Behavior.

• Making posts that speak of any Staff action either with you or another member (including any bans, warnings, or editing or removal of posts).
If you have a complaint, go to the Support Area.

ADVISOR HAT OFF
my apologize for not reading the rules on that totally my fault. :(

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,045.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
my apologize for not reading the rules on that totally my fault. :(
Hang in there - the staff are trying to moderate and keep things polite. I've enjoyed this forum as they guarantee free speech (within certain guidelines). While I've lost my temper now and then, the 'naughty points' eventually expire. As long as your attitude is trying to comply with the spirit of the rules, and you are contributing in an honest attempt to communicate helpfully, you'll make friends here.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I didn't say CME's were unscientific but your false attempt to squish a verse of blessing into a CME curse on the world = exactly 7 times brighter.

So you say.
Before 2026.
Because the AOD, or something...

Oh well - can't step away from that Bulverism hey? :sorry:

So you say.

:doh:I honestly don't know what book you're reading? Even the Return in Revelation has judgment.

Revelation 20
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
Revelation 21
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Now compare this with...

2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

MATTHEW 24:35-44
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.... “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
@eclipsenow
You have not taken advantage to post your (one post only) in the eschatology database thread, yet. See my post to Spiritual Jew, #15, A Curiosity

Your one post doesn't have to be complete. It may have only a couple of events to start out. For example, look at @.Jeremiah. 's post #5. And you can edit your one post as you feel appropriate. I think everyone's one post will help us all to communicate with each other better. Please read post # 1 in that thread first.

Your sequential list - one post only

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums