Is it good to help a disabled widow by cutting her grass?

Is it good to help a disabled widow by cutting her grass?

• yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • no

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The most flagrant breaking of the ten commandments I have witnessed in any church in the past forty years was in a church that worshipped on a Saturday.
Good thing Christ will not judge you based on what others do or don’t do which has nothing to do with each of our own moral obligation to obey God. You accused me of not obeying God and you don’t even know me, so I would leave the judging to God.

Upvote 0

freeinhim3

Jun 2, 2023
london
✟738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good thing Christ will not judge you based on what others do and what others do or don’t do has nothing to do with each of our own moral obligation to obey God.
Speaking of moral obligation. If there was no moral law, only what can be termed legalistic law, Jesus need not have died at calvary, for the legalistic law could be faultlessly obeyed, it is the moral law no one has ever faultlessly obeyed. And I merely pointed out you do not even try and obey each and every literal command of Christ. It may be uncomfortable for you to have that pointed out to you

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of moral obligation. If there was no moral law, only what can be termed legalistic law, Jesus need not have died at calvary, for the legalistic law could be faultlessly obeyed, it is the moral law no one has ever faultlessly obeyed. And I merely pointed out you do not even try and obey each and every literal command of Christ. It may be uncomfortable for you to have that pointed out to you
You do not know what I do or don’t do, only God knows that, let’s let Him be the Judge of that, which He will for all. I understand the difference between the letter and the spirit of the law and if one is truly obeying the spirit of the law, the letter would automatically be kept. Those walking in the Spirit is not an enmity against God’s law. Romans 8:4-8

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

freeinhim3

Jun 2, 2023
london
✟738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do not know what I do or don’t do, only God knows that, lets let Him be the Judge of that, which He will for all.
I know you do not fully obey the letter of the ten commandments, for the bible states that law is the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation. I also know you do not try and obey each and every literal command of Christ. You can call that judging you if you wish, I would call it understanding what the bible states, and experience over decades amongst various believers of many denominations

Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They were not wrong about His disciples doing what was not allowed to do on Sabbath. They were wrong about the importance of Jesus - that He is greater than Sabbath (i.e. not limited by it).
The New covenant is what? And What did they do wrong according to Scripture? What sin did Jesus and His disciples commit?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know you do not fully obey the letter of the ten commandments, for the bible states that law is the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation. I also know you do not try and obey each and every literal command of Christ. You can call that judging you if you wish, I would call it understanding what the bible states, and experience over decades amongst various believers of many denominations
So you are God? Or like God Knowing all and seeing all?

No you are not. So you have no idea what someone else is doing unless you see them do it. Don't use yourself as the standard. Paul said that he followed after perfection. If he did not think it was possible he would not have followed after this high calling of Christ Jesus. If it is not of faith it is of sin friend. What you speak and believe is what you will get.

Phil 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Phil 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Phil 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Phil 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Phil 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,186.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The New covenant is what? And What did they do wrong according to Scripture? What sin did Jesus and His disciples commit?
Working on Sabbath.

But it was not sin, because of Jesus - He is God, therefore He can work on Sabbath (and all who belong to Him). Its like priests performing their service in the former temple. He is the Lord over Sabbath.

Many of words Jesus told or deeds He done would not be allowed if He was a mere human. Like saying that He is one with Father, forgiving sins or changing the OT instructions to different ones.

Reactions: freeinhim3
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We should really strive to understand what the text is really saying.

I noticed that when somebody tries to prove their minority view (like Seventh Day Adventists), they use biblical texts only for proving their ideas, not bothering to read them carefully for what they really say and if the context/culture was about their idea at all.

Just a surface reading, taking some few words out of the context and reading their theological views into it.
This subjective comment goes both ways and doesn't even need said. It is a tactic used in debates when one doesn't have an objective argument in a given topic. With that they tread off with comments like this here that is quoted above to try to discredit the person they are debating.

Just stick to the topic please.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,186.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This subjective comment goes both ways and doesn't even need said. It is a tactic used in debates when one doesn't have an objective argument in a given topic. With that they tread off with comments like this here that is quoted above to try to discredit the person they are debating.

Just stick to the topic please.
I understand its not pleasant for you to read it, but its factual and repeated in almost any argumentation of the SDA members. Still the same tiny slices of texts, interpreted in a totally out of the context way.

Upvote 0

freeinhim3

Jun 2, 2023
london
✟738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those who say you must observe a specific saturday sabbath appear not to understand the outworking of the new covenant at its core, for they accept people as christians who have no conscience at failing to observe a set saturday sabbath:

Sin is the transgression of the law 1John3:4
Hence:
Through the law we become conscious of sin Rom3:20

Applicable law is written in the minds and placed on the hearts of everyone God has accepted through his son.
Therefore, if the law is in your heart and mind, you must have consciousness of sin if you fail to follow it. So if people have no consciousness of sin at failing to observe a set saturday sabbath that only leaves two possibilities. Either that law as written is not placed in the heart and mind of the believers, or if it is, such people could not be christians

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Working on Sabbath.

But it was not sin, because of Jesus - He is God, therefore He can work on Sabbath (and all who belong to Him). Its like priests performing their service in the former temple. He is the Lord over Sabbath.

Many of words Jesus told or deeds He done would not be allowed if He was a mere human. Like saying that He is one with Father, forgiving sins or changing the OT instructions to different ones
Scripture that states what they were doing wrong is what was asked for. So you have none. Don't worry neither did satan and the nymphs he was using then.
And what is the new covenant was the other question.

And you say Working on the Sabbath is the new covenant. Wow you just make up things as you go. How convenient.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand its not pleasant for you to read it, but its factual and repeated in almost any argumentation of the SDA members. Still the same tiny slices of texts, interpreted in a totally out of the context way.
Still nothing but a subjective comment about the one's you are debating rather than the subject.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,186.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture that states what they were doing wrong is what was asked for. So you have none. Don't worry neither did satan and the nymphs he was using then.

And you say Working on the Sabbath is the new covenant. Wow you just make up things as you go. How convenient.
This post of yours seems nonsensical to me. Are you emotional or something right now?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those who say you must observe a specific saturday sabbath appear not to understand the outworking of the new covenant at its core, for they accept people as christians who have no conscience at failing to observe a set saturday sabbath:

Sin is the transgression of the law 1John3:4
Hence:
Through the law we become conscious of sin Rom3:20

Applicable law is written in the minds and placed on the hearts of everyone God has accepted through his son.
Therefore, if the law is in your heart and mind, you must have consciousness of sin if you fail to follow it. So if people have no consciousness of sin at failing to observe a set saturday sabbath that only leaves two possibilities. Either that law as written is not placed in the heart and mind of the believers, or if it is, such people could not be christians
Or they ignored it which in turn leavened them for more leaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It’s okay, these types of comments are to be expected, if we are not being persecuted -we are not doing something right. Matthew 10:22 Like my dad always says this gets sorted out soon enough. Happy Sabbath!

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,186.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s okay, these types of comments are to be expected, if we are not being persecuted -we are not doing something right. Matthew 10:22 Like my dad always says this gets sorted out soon enough. Happy Sabbath!
You are not persecuted. You are being criticized for your biased and terrible work with Scriptures.

Do not get yourself into a martyr complex.

The fact that for example Flat Earthers or KJV Onlyist or Jehovah Witnesses and other similar groups are called for their bad arguments is not a sign they are doing "something right". This is also a terrible logic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praise God and Happy Sabbath to you as well. I only brought it up because of it's nature and intent.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are not persecuted. You are being criticized for your biased and terrible work with Scriptures.

Do not get yourself into a martyr complex.
Still nothing but attacks. The waters are going from shallow to a mere puddle.

Upvote 0