Is it good to help a disabled widow by cutting her grass?

Is it good to help a disabled widow by cutting her grass?

• yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • no

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you do not like the game, do not play it.
So it is a game to you? Understood. The more you say the more we see. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who say you must observe a specific saturday sabbath appear not to understand the outworking of the new covenant at its core, for they accept people as christians who have no conscience at failing to observe a set saturday sabbath:

Sin is the transgression of the law 1John3:4
Hence:
Through the law we become conscious of sin Rom3:20

Applicable law is written in the minds and placed on the hearts of everyone God has accepted through his son.
Therefore, if the law is in your heart and mind, you must have consciousness of sin if you fail to follow it. So if people have no consciousness of sin at failing to observe a set saturday sabbath that only leaves two possibilities. Either that law as written is not placed in the heart and mind of the believers, or if it is, such people could not be christians
I've thought the same thing. As it relates to the thread topic, the vast majority of devout Christians would mow the disabled widow's lawn and consider it a good thing. Their conscience would not be pricked.

A common response is that they are unaware, Babylon the Great has hidden that knowledge.

But if it's written on the heart, it doesn't seem like it could be hidden from the individual.

Reactions: freeinhim3
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it is wrong to mow a disabled widow's lawn on the seventh day because it could be done on another day, wouldn't it also be wrong to post on the internet?

As I write this, it is the seventh day in the USA. I see that many of my brothers and sisters who see themselves as keeping the seventh day holy are posting here.

Is it justified because it isn't work?

Or is it justified because, although it is work, it is preaching work, which is allowed?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've thought the same thing. As it relates to the thread topic, the vast majority of devout Christians would mow the disabled widow's lawn and consider it a good thing. Their conscience would not be pricked.

A common response is that they are unaware, Babylon the Great has hidden that knowledge.

But if it's written on the heart, it doesn't seem like it could be hidden from the individual.
Because they have already grieved the Spirit away concerning the rest to which God had intended. A ceasing from work like God did from His on the Seventh Day which He called the Sabbath. In that He rested from all His work He blessed, set apart the day and hallowed it. Funny isn't it, that it was still blessed and hallowed at Sinia. Sad most think that it isn't today.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

freeinhim3

Jun 2, 2023
london
✟738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Exactly, what is in your mind, you in your mind must know, what is in your heart, must bring heartfelt conviction if you fail to follow it. As Paul said, it isn't a law written in ink anymore, for the believer, but one written on tablets of human hearts by the Spirit(2Cor3:3) And according to Paul, if you do not have the law/written law, you can do by nature what is required by the law, which shows the requirements of the law are written on your heart(Rom2.14&15) How many people who did not know of the law written in ink, would then set aside Saturday as a specific sabbath day?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because they have already grieved the Spirit away concerning the rest to which God had intended. A ceasing from work like God did from His on the Seventh Day which He called the Sabbath. In that He rested from all His work He blessed, set apart the day and hallowed it. Funny isn't it, that it was still blessed and hallowed at Sinia. Sad most think that it isn't today.
It was written on their hearts at one time, and is no longer?

Wouldn't this be a common phenomenon, people noticing Hey, when you first become a Christian, notice how you know that you shouldn't work on the 7th Day? Then after a while, that goes away?

You can draw whatever conclusion you want from this, but speaking personally, I have never been aware of anything written on my heart that says not to work on the 7th Day. But I've been aware of lots of other stuff clearly written on my heart.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many people who did not know of the law written in ink, would then set aside Saturday as a specific sabbath day?
I can't think of any person or culture.

Islam is vaguely in the same ballpark, but they use a different day, based on what I've found.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Wouldn't this be a common phenomenon, people noticing Hey, when you first become a Christian, notice how you know that you shouldn't work on the 7th Day? Then after a while, that goes away?

You can draw whatever conclusion you want from this, but speaking personally, I have never been aware of anything written on my heart that says not to work on the 7th Day. But I've been aware of lots of other stuff clearly written on my heart.
We are not the standard.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not the standard.
I agree that we are not the standard, but we can use reality around us to check our interpretation of the scriptures.

If someone told me that true Christians could literally fly like an eagle based on a prophecy in Isaiah, I would say that looking around, that isn't true.

Do devout Christians have to be told where the international date line is? Alaska used to be part of Russia, and it was on the west side of the IDL. When the US acquired it, it moved to the east side. That changed what day of the week it was there. But it didn't change the goodness of mowing the disabled widow's lawn.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that we are not the standard, but we can use reality around us to check our interpretation of the scriptures.

If someone told me that true Christians could literally fly like an eagle based on a prophecy in Isaiah, I would say that looking around, that isn't true.

Do devout Christians have to be told where the international date line is? Alaska used to be part of Russia, and it was on the west side of the IDL. When the US acquired it, it moved to the east side. That changed what day of the week it was there. But it didn't change the goodness of mowing the disabled widow's lawn.
Faith has nothing to do with perceived reality.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith has nothing to do with perceived reality.
Definitely! But what we see can help us with Bible interpretation.

Another example,
Is the current nation of Israel the same as the Israel in the Bible? Are they keeping the law? Well, the Nations around them are not afraid to attack them or harass them, so our Bible interpretation can incorporate that knowledge.

Upvote 0

freeinhim3

Jun 2, 2023
london
✟738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
speaking personally, I have never been aware of anything written on my heart that says not to work on the 7th Day. But I've been aware of lots of other stuff clearly written on my heart.
I can agree with that. I have been burdened by many of my shortcomings over the years. I've come before God and wondered how he could still love me, when I look back at the mistakes I made in the past. I have been burdened by much sin. But I have never once felt any consciousness of sin in failing to follow a set saturday sabbath

• Agree
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,595.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I can agree with that. I have been burdened by many of my shortcomings over the years. I've come before God and wondered how he could still love me, when I look back at the mistakes I made in the past. I have been burdened by much sin. But I have never once felt any consciousness of sin in failing to follow a set saturday sabbath
That has been my experience, as well. If God wrote the commandment to go to church on Saturday and engage in nineteenth-century American Protestant religious activities, I missed out somehow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That has been my experience, as well. If God wrote the commandment to go to church on Saturday and engage in nineteenth-century American Protestant religious activities, I missed out somehow.
Our conscience is not the standard Christ is.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems some don't understand one of the most basic tenets of the bible.
Troll much? Comments like "it seems some do not understand..." are baseless and baiting and are not needed. Just prove it.

Upvote 0

freeinhim3

Jun 2, 2023
london
✟738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Troll much? Comments like "it seems some do not understand..." are baseless and baiting and are not needed. Just prove it.
Therefore

Therefore, you must have a consciousness of sin of any law you do not follow that is written in your mind and placed on your heart. Argue with the bible, not me

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Therefore

Therefore, you must have a consciousness of sin of any law you do not follow that is written in your mind and placed on your heart.
The issue here is our conscience and that of the Spirit. Two entities exist in most and Most don't know the difference because they have not or have refused to mortified all the deeds of the body and still live in and through the flesh in part or whole.

Upvote 0