Internet Bill of Rights vs Public Utilities.

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
:wave: ,

As we see the deplatforming of sites and those that know the slippery slope of negating choice in censorship. This thread is a jumping ahead of the fallout in the title. Debates on agenda of deplatforming are moot due to choice. The fallout on both sides of the isle will demand action of some sort. The title gives two for pro's and cons and if there are other avenues please share.

Last edited:

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The fallout on both sides of the isle will demand action of some sort. The title gives two and if there are other avenues please share.
Setting up your own server.

• Informative
Reactions: FanthatSpark
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Setting up your own server.

Honest question ... Does a server require domain register?

Private & Public sites will always have the ability to control who can use them, and what they can post. (And this is a good thing).

That is choice. Like a remote to the tv. Lets say one day you click your short cut to this site and get a 404? What then? Your choice was taken from you, right?

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

if you mean a domain name. then no. you can use websites without domains and just type in their ip addresses.

That is choice. Like a remote to the tv. Lets say one day you click your short cut to this site and get a 404? What then?

that it's probably down for maintenance. or they failed to pay their hosting costs.

• Informative
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That is choice. Like a remote to the tv. Lets say one day you click your short cut to this site and get a 404? What then? Your choice was taken from you, right?
My choice?
I don't have a right to Read others works, unless they want me to read them.
I don't have a right to watch others videos unless they want me to watch them.
I don't have a right to listen to others music unless they want me to hear them.

I do have a right to publish works that I want.

But I have NO right to force other services to host my work.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My choice?
I don't have a right to Read others works, unless they want me to read them.
I don't have a right to watch others videos unless they want me to watch them.
I don't have a right to listen to others music unless they want me to hear them.

I do have a right to publish works that I want.

But I have NO right to force other services to host my work.

I agree with the rights and the last one too under a different reality. Monopoly is the reality, right? It was supposed to be illegal, right?

Thus, the title . I get you on the morality of the last right. I have no answer to that except take our constitution back from the entity seen as a person.

So, as I reread your posts and look at myself and ask did I miss something , I think I did. You are saying go alt tech right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Please expand.
The sites that are banning people in various fashions, youtube, facebook etc do not hold a monopoly on the service that they provide. Those they ban can, even as individuals, set up their own forums from which to disseminate whatever it is they wish to put out.

• Informative
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The sites that are banning people in various fashions, youtube, facebook etc do not hold a monopoly on the service that they provide. Those they ben can, even as individuals, set up their own forums from which to disseminate whatever it is they wish to put out.

Nice :oldthumbsup: . I get that too and agree to the premise. Also, this thread may be too early as fallout will continue. Wait until the ban of donald...:swoon:.

Upvote 0