Interesting Observation about Trump by Ann Althouse

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You should link to where you are quoting from. Or say where it is from.

No, Althouse is not a center-left Democrat. On her blog site, her page about herself says she has no political affiliation, has an aversion to politics and has never donated to a candidate.
I'm not sure that bringing facts into this thread is going to do it any favors.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And you would be wrong. But thanks for playing.:clap:
I'm really surprised and rather hurt by that. We agree with each other on many issues I thought you would agree with me as well as to how Trump plays into the loser mentality of his supporters.

So screw you. Go ahead and continue to play the "deplorable" card and see how far that gets you and the rest of the Dems. You'll deserve what you get.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm really surprised and rather hurt by that. We agree with each other on many issues I thought you would agree with me as well as to how Trump plays into the loser mentality of his supporters.

So screw you. Go ahead and continue to play the "deplorable" card and see how far that gets you and the rest of the Dems. You'll deserve what you get.
To clarify, I am not a Democrat and did not vote for Clinton.

I’ve watched Trump for 35 years. He has always lied, cheated and grifted his way through life. I never said his supporters were deplorable. They just fell for the con. It’s the same con he later to the real estate hustlers in New Jersey and the money cleaners in Eastern Europe.

Real Blue Collar folks are direct and sometimes brutally honest. Trump is brutal but has no concept of honesty.

Althouse may be thoughtful, but still wrong. She’s fallen for the con, giving him credit for intellectual ability he doesn’t possess.

Lastly, I apologize for the tone of my response and have edited it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Althouse may be thoughtful, but still wrong. She’s fallen for the con, giving him credit for intellectual ability he doesn’t possess.
I don't care if she has fallen for the con, I think she points out something important. Trump has the ability to make people who are used to thinking about themselves as losers fell better about themselves. It's nothing to to with intellect or being smart or well educated or even being honest. And I don't think the Democrats get it. They don't have any idea either how much that "deplorable" comment is still costing them.

But big brother made good has come back to town to tell them that they're not really deplorable and he's gonna get those Liberals and whomp 'em for saying so--that's Trump's message.

Lastly, I apologize for the tone of my response and have edited it.
Yes, and my retort was not exactly friendly either (sorry) but I am getting disgusted with the Democrats. If Trump and his crowd are allowed to continue they will wreck the country but the Democrats are all too busy contemplating how good their own farts smell to do anything about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"ADDED: It's funny — Trump haters are always saying that Trump makes everything all about him. But Barbaro and Herndon are perceiving that Trump rallies are about the people... the people who love Trump. And maybe they love Trump because he creates a space in which they can love themselves. That's why the slogan is "Make America Great Again" (or "Keep America Great").

(Meanwhile, the Democratic Party idea seems to be "America = racism.")"
====================================================
**Note Althouse is a retired law professor and center-left democrat.
Yes , Trump cares about the rich and himself. But I believe thats were it ends. Trump hatrers= Someone having a different opinion , disagrees with him and sees him for what he is.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump is a Blue collar kind of guy in a Billionaires body, he appeals to the common man.
He's a showman in the mold of P. T. Barnum.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
He's a showman in the mold of P. T. Barnum.
And until Democrats understand why some people like him, instead of just calling them stupid for liking him, Trump will continue to succeed.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And until Democrats understand why some people like him, instead of just calling them stupid for liking him, Trump will continue to succeed.
I thought that Democrats had stopped calling the deplorables Donald fans "stupid" a while back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I thought that Democrats had stopped calling the deplorables Donald fans "stupid" a while back.
No, it's still going on. Take "racist" for example. Very few people are racists to themselves, even if they are objectively so by any meaningful standard. Just yelling "racist" at them will only tick them off and they'll vote for Trump. There has got to be a better way of approaching the problem.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No, it's still going on. Take "racist" for example. Very few people are racists to themselves, even if they are objectively so by any meaningful standard. Just yelling "racist" at them will only tick them off and they'll vote for Trump. There has got to be a better way of approaching the problem.

I'm very sure that most members of the Nazi party would have objected to being called antisemitic. I would not have coddled them (of course, they would have killed me but whatever), and I will not coddle racist people in this country.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I'm very sure that most members of the Nazi party would have objected to being called antisemitic. I would not have coddled them (of course, they would have killed me but whatever), and I will not coddle racist people in this country.
No, you have to convert them, witness to them, teach them. It's hard, to be sure.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
You might be able to pull that fast one on an Australian, but not an American, we all know better, Only the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale. :tutu:
Not an American? Mmmm, not so sure about that.

You'd do well to remember that it was us cunning Brits in 1968 who actually succeeded in selling a collapsing London Bridge to the Yanks for $2.46million!
How The London Bridge Was Sold to America | Amusing Planet

Now that Brexit is definitely going ahead, anyone want to buy the Channel Tunnel?

• Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This seems like an easy strategy to replicate assuming one actually likes/respects the voters/nation.

I have been reading her blog every day for over a decade. She is definitely center-left.
She denies any political affiliation in her bio page. She is not a Democrat. Center left? maybe. What does that mean? That she is a bit more liberal than the right? Maybe. So?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't care if she has fallen for the con, I think she points out something important. Trump has the ability to make people who are used to thinking about themselves as losers fell better about themselves. It's nothing to to with intellect or being smart or well educated or even being honest. And I don't think the Democrats get it. They don't have any idea either how much that "deplorable" comment is still costing them.

But big brother made good has come back to town to tell them that they're not really deplorable and he's gonna get those Liberals and whomp 'em for saying so--that's Trump's message.

Yes, and my retort was not exactly friendly either (sorry) but I am getting disgusted with the Democrats. If Trump and his crowd are allowed to continue they will wreck the country but the Democrats are all too busy contemplating how good their own farts smell to do anything about it.
A poster will agree to disagree.

• Friendly
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
A poster will agree to disagree.
Do you agree to any extent at all with my characterization of Trump's "message?"

"But big brother made good has come back to town to tell them that they're not really deplorable and he's gonna get those Liberals and whomp 'em for saying so."

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump is a Blue collar kind of guy in a Billionaires body, he appeals to the common man
The blue collar guys that I know are much better people than that guy. I would never compare them to a person like Trump.

Upvote 0