Interesting Observation about Trump by Ann Althouse

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And until Democrats understand why some people like him, instead of just calling them stupid for liking him, Trump will continue to succeed.
Democrats don't need to target Donald's true believers to win elections. Based on the 2018 results, the voters following him have resigned themselves to being marginalized as the rest of the country moves on without them.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
At least you are honest about where you stand, as nasty and disgusting as that place is. But it's not going to be bus, is it? Last time a country did something like that with it's citizens who were the "wrong" religion it was box cars.

No, No, No you got it all wrong, A ton of Celebrities in 2015 said loud and clear, if Trump won they would leave the Country, just as you have done, but being true to their colors, they lied, they are all mouth with nothing to back it up, just as you have done, I really don't expect you to leave either, it's very difficult moving that much hot air safely.

I put it in red because you misunderstood it the first time, so you would more easily understand it was them saying they would leave, just as you have done. bye :wave:

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you agree to any extent at all with my characterization of Trump's "message?"

"But big brother made good has come back to town to tell them that they're not really deplorable and he's gonna get those Liberals and whomp 'em for saying so."

There are a certain percentage of people who will continue to support their ‘chosen’ idol, regardless of how objectionable or incompetent he proves to be...think of the 25% who still backed Nixon after he had been conclusively shown to be a “crook” and had to leave office in shame.

I don’t think you can “educate” such people to win them over to your side. As I’ve said before, you vote them into oblivion....

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No, No, No you got it all wrong, A ton of Celebrities in 2015 said loud and clear, if Trump won they would leave the Country, just as you have done, but being true to their colors, they lied, they are all mouth with nothing to back it up, just as you have done, I really don't expect you to leave either, it's very difficult moving that much hot air safely.

I put it in red because you misunderstood it the first time, so you would more easily understand it was them saying they would leave, just as you have done. bye :wave:
I didn't say I would leave. I said that as under the present administration I was no longer considered a real American or a real Christian I expected that under a second Trump term I would no longer be a citizen at all. No, I am not leaving under any circumstances, I'm an old guy with not much to lose. If you are going to shove Trumpism up my nose you are going to have to shove it up the barrel of my Mossberg autoload first. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, and now we see you don't believe Paul was inspired by God to write the things he did, they were all hogwash, "nope can't take anything Paul said as truth he was just fearful of Rome."

If all Authority doesn't come from God then who in blue blazes does it come from, OURSELVES?

Yep.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say I would leave. I said that as under the present administration I was no longer considered a real American or a real Christian I expected that under a second Trump term I would no longer be a citizen at all. No, I am not leaving under any circumstances, I'm an old guy with not much to lose. If you are going to shove Trumpism up my nose you are going to have to shove it up the barrel of my Mossberg autoload first. Good luck.

Locked and loaded. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And maybe just maybe what I said is right on, he is a blue collar worked in a billionaires body, he sure has no respect for Politicians, or the positions they hold, he says it like it is, that is what blue collar workers do, we don't know how to talk out of both sides of our mouth at the same time.
If this is all that you are comparing to Trump, OK.

But...are blue collar workers people who lie almost every single day, who cheat on their spouse, walk in on women when they are changing clothes, brag on themselves every chance they get, etc., etc....
Not the blue collar people that I know.

And if he isn't talking out both sides of his mouth, what is it when he one day he says that he is for something and the very next day says the opposite?
Either he talks out both sides of his mouth or he has serious mental issues and doesn't remember what he said the day before.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You really believe that, maybe you should contact Occamsbarber he apparently has a bridge he is trying to unload
If you believe scripture, God gave us the government that we have and operate under. So yes, our governmental power comes from "We the people" just as God intended.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are a certain percentage of people who will continue to support their ‘chosen’ idol, regardless of how objectionable or incompetent he proves to be...think of the 25% who still backed Nixon after he had been conclusively shown to be a “crook” and had to leave office in shame.

I don’t think you can “educate” such people to win them over to your side. As I’ve said before, you vote them into oblivion....
I remember this question being asked to a Trump supporter. The question is paraphrased...
"What do you think about the recording of Trump, on the bus with Billy Kennedy, talking about (what he could get away with, with women?)"
The woman replied, "He wouldn't have said that if he knew he was being recorded." :doh:
I think she fits into that 25%.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most peoples in the world think they themselves are great and enjoy celebrating their culture. Trump recognizes that many Americans, too, that feel this way yet are under-served and under-represented in the media, academics and in government. Trump serves as an attractor for those who wish to celebrate their culture and their country. A Trump rally is a safe space to feel good about oneself and one's culture.

Coincidentally, the media/academic/government complex is using its power to transform American culture through shame and coercion. It deplores the celebration of Americana. It completely rejects those who love their culture. It is as though Dems have gone from liberals to puritans.

As a result, we see a separation of two groups who see two entirely different "America "movies on the same screen (thanks Scott Adams). One views America as a great evil that needs complete reformation under elite control (dominated by the Progressives) and another who sees Amerca as a great good that just needs the elite to get out of the way and let them live their lives in peace (currently Trump supporters).
A Trump rally is a safe space to feel good about oneself and one's culture.
That sounds like they have low self-esteem and they need someone to tell them that they are OK. The problem that I see is that he appeals to their basest human emotions rather than their higher angels.
"Maybe the Second Amendment people could do something about that," speaking about Hillary Clinton. As a gun owner, a Second Amendment person, I found this remark to be offensive and not funny in the least. My thought was, "You pompous, crude, ignorant, .....!

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If you believe scripture, God gave us the government that we have and operate under. So yes, our governmental power comes from "We the people" just as God intended.

And your belief is, after that, God has nothing to do with it?

Where in Scripture are we mentioned?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That's typical, only read a comment to a comment, then make a comment. :tutu:
The scriptures only tell us that we would be subservient to the governing authorities. They don't tell us in detail about the form of the government or who those authorities are.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures only tell us that we would be subservient to the governing authorities. They don't tell us in detail about the form of the government or who those authorities are.

You did not read Hank77 post #89 did you?
I know you read my post #92

Now put them together, and see If your Posts #93 and #95 make any sense in regard to my post #92. Do they answer the questions I asked Hank77

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You did not read Hank77 post #89 did you?
I know you read my post #92

Now put them together, and see If your Posts #93 and #95 make any sense in regard to my post #92. Do they answer the questions I asked Hank77
Yes. I agree with Hank that the authority of government (to which Scripture tells us we ought to be subservient) in our case rests with "We, the People." That's what self-government means, as opposed to government of Kings or Emperors.

I answered your second question to Hank directly. Scripture does not detail any particular form of government. That is why our form of government is not particularly mentioned.

Upvote 0