Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That city is Rome. The woman is the church of Rome. ...

Please clarify that "you think" ... That city is Rome. The woman is the church of Rome.

In fact, neither statement is TRUE, but you're entitled to your own opinions.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Steven Heiss

Jul 28, 2018
Arvada
✟19,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please clarify that "you think" ... That city is Rome. The woman is the church of Rome.

Thanks,
DaDad

Take it the way you want it then, but I am convinced. And you are entitled to your opinion, even if we disagree.

How then do you account for the concepts of adultery and prostitution involving the mother and her daughters in your interpretation of another city, if it is not in the context of the Biblical marriage analogy, which I described?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Take it the way you want it then, but I am convinced. And you are entitled to your opinion, even if we disagree.

How then do you account for the concepts of adultery and prostitution involving the mother and her daughters in your interpretation of another city, if it is not in the context of the Biblical marriage analogy, which I described?

I can't. It seems that adultery and prostitution were historically limited to the Roman Empire. No such occurrences are cited previous or subsequent to the Roman Empire. -- Good Catch.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Steven Heiss said:
... How then do you account for the concepts of adultery and prostitution involving the mother and her daughters ...
I can't. It seems that adultery and prostitution were historically limited to the Roman Empire. No such occurrences are cited previous or subsequent to the Roman Empire. -- Good Catch.

Thanks,
DaDad

Ummmmmmm, -- we all know that my previous post was facetious???

In fact, the justification provided by "Steven Heiss" is nonsensical, and his "Rome" premise in Post #280 has NO Scriptural or Historical foundation.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Steven Heiss said:
That city is Rome. The woman is the church of Rome.

We are to be the Bride of Christ. When we place another between us, seek Him through them, turn to them for guidance or instruction... we commit adultery. The Harlot and her daughters are the false churches of man.

DaDad said:

I will stick to observing what is happening and going by what I see from the Bible. Mystery Babylon really corresponds to virtually all cities of civilization. Destruction involves destructive activities to this earth, which we who would be Yahweh God's people should avoid involvement with, those continuing with that involvement with no repentance to turn from that involvement will face God's judgment (Revelation 11:18).

I see from prophecy, myself, from what Jesus foresaw, with world trends now that he would know about, that world crisis is coming soon, with changes to the environments and climates and resources around us, with what we with our civilization are doing. As long as we continue, we have responsibility in that with our choices. But there are great changes that are needed, that we can come to, that it won't be worse. We are wrong if we say it doesn't matter because we won't be here to see that. God does not promise that. We will see some of such trouble, more or less, with still being with our civilization. We believers are just removed from seeing coming judgment.

All these cities of civilization are in line for that doom of it falling and coming to destruction. The prophesied beast's kingdom will be his gathering of what remains for the last attempt for civilization to have it continue, while still in rebellion against God, with having that which would be put in place of God.

In the end times, Jesus will return in victory over all that, against all those that would fight against him. Though deception is widespread with the wickedness with rebellion against God, Jesus Christ wins, defeating those coming against him in rebellion, and there is victory for all those faithful trusting him, his saints, who will see the bliss with him forever for which everything was worthwhile.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see from prophecy, myself, from what Jesus foresaw, with world trends now that he would know about, that world crisis is coming soon

It's always "coming soon" with you futurists, isn't it?

Of course, when you claim soon can mean thousands of years, you effectively make the term meaningless when you attempt to use it literally in one place and then stretch, spiritualize and twist it away into a non-literal metaphor for the passing of over 2+ Millennia in another.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will stick to observing what is happening and going by what I see from the Bible. Mystery Babylon really corresponds to virtually all cities of civilization. Destruction involves destructive activities to this earth, which we who would be Yahweh God's people should avoid involvement with, those continuing with that involvement with no repentance to turn from that involvement will face God's judgment (Revelation 11:18).

I see from prophecy, myself, from what Jesus foresaw, with world trends now that he would know about, that world crisis is coming soon, with changes to the environments and climates and resources around us, with what we with our civilization are doing. As long as we continue, we have responsibility in that with our choices. But there are great changes that are needed, that we can come to, that it won't be worse. We are wrong if we say it doesn't matter because we won't be here to see that. God does not promise that. We will see some of such trouble, more or less, with still being with our civilization. We believers are just removed from seeing coming judgment.

All these cities of civilization are in line for that doom of it falling and coming to destruction. The prophesied beast's kingdom will be his gathering of what remains for the last attempt for civilization to have it continue, while still in rebellion against God, with having that which would be put in place of God.

In the end times, Jesus will return in victory over all that, against all those that would fight against him. Though deception is widespread with the wickedness with rebellion against God, Jesus Christ wins, defeating those coming against him in rebellion, and there is victory for all those faithful trusting him, his saints, who will see the bliss with him forever for which everything was worthwhile.

There is a temple containing the symbols of Mystery Babylon in the modern city of Jerusalem.

It was paid for by the family who worked to establish the modern State of Israel during 1948.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

There is no doubt that God's plan will be to destroy the world and the sinners in the world. But IN CONTEXT the Mystery Babylon is the city of Jerusalem when the Beast and false prophet are deceiving the entire world from that city.

Don't even imagine the Beast and false prophet will set up shop in the Vatican! He is coming IN THE PLACE of Christ, so will must certainly be in Jerusalem. Is it no wonder then that He calls that city "Mystery Babylon the great?"

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It's always "coming soon" with you futurists, isn't it?

Of course, when you claim soon can mean thousands of years, you effectively make the term meaningless when you attempt to use it literally in one place and then stretch, spiritualize and twist it away into a non-literal metaphor for the passing of over 2+ Millennia in another.
You can be a scoffer if you choose. There were people like that in Peter's day, scoffers that imagined the next hundred years would be just like the last hundred years. And the next thousand just like the last thousand. It was exactly like the people thought the morning the flood started: that "today" would be just like yesterday.....but before the day ended, they were all dead.

Upvote 0

Johann@P

Apr 27, 2022
Durban South Africa
✟20,731.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Everyone, I am revealing this according to scripture. If you want to know for a fact that what I'm saying is the truth then you can read my book and it goes through the history and the scriptures, proving that the 7th Babylon is New York City, the prostitute. This has nothing to do with the seven seals and the timing of the tribulation. All this occurs before a seal is broken. Then the tribulation begins with the first seal being broken. Please read my book to get a full picture. Of course you don't have to read it but you won't fully understand what I'm saying without reading it.

The Sounding of the Horn, an Ebook by Kevin Snow
Sorry, I don't read your "book" but scriptures only.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Our imminent destruction is at hand.

New York City is the prostitute

But Maryland is OK... right? Right guys...?
...Guys?

Asking for a friend.

I might check your book out; don't really do much Eschatology since Hal Lindsey but it does seem to me that Big Things are about to go down.

“When evening comes, you say, ‘The weather will be fair, for the sky is red,’ 3 and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but not the signs of the times.

I've been seeing big flashing neon ones for awhile now. Probably some of the same ones you have. And when I thought they were going to go out, they started flashing stronger and more rapidly.

Bring an umbrella.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But Maryland is OK... right? Right guys...?
...Guys?
Well let's look at it objectively. "The despot's heel" is on whose shore, and his torch it at whose temple door? Yep, "Maryland, my Maryland". Is it merely coincidental that Maryland was created by and for the Roman Catholic Church? The state's anthem calls upon its people to "avenge the patriotic gore (blood) that flecked the streets of Baltimore", that blood having been shed in the attempt to defend and preserve the diabolical practice of chattel slavery. Is not true that "Baron Baltimore" in his palatial home, had a colossal idol of the Virgin Mary to which all who passed were compelled to bow down?

And you have to ask if Maryland is "OK"? Scoffers may tell you that these things are merely coincidental, and that Maryland is "just another state, but Scripture has warned us of them. "3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts". Need I say more?

While there's still time, send your massive donations (preferably cash), to
Jipsah's Sho-Nuff End Times Ministry and Korean Barbecue
7543 Gypsum St.
Cut & Shoot, TX 77303

Remember, it takes money to take money, so please help me help you help me.

• Haha
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The state's anthem calls upon its people to "avenge the patriotic gore (blood) that flecked the streets of Baltimore", that blood having been shed in the attempt to defend and preserve the diabolical practice of chattel slavery.

lol. Yeah.
I gotta admit. I never paid too much attention to the anthem...
You might have a point there!

Maryland, My Maryland - State Song lyrics

Maryland!
Thou wilt not crook to his control,
Maryland!
Better the fire upon thee roll, Better the blade, the shot, the bowl,
Than crucifixion of the soul,
Maryland! My Maryland!
IX
I hear the distant thunder-hum,

Maryland!
The Old Line's bugle, fife, and drum,
Maryland!
She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb-
Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!
She breathes! she burns! she'll come! she'll come!
Maryland! My Maryland!

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol. Yeah.
I gotta admit. I never paid too much attention to the anthem...
You might have a point there!
Don't take it too much to heart, I was making it up as I went.

• Friendly
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump's new policy "Make America Great Again" is the beginning of the message that this nation should turn inward and thereby reduce and stop many of our activities in the rest of the world. This is the fulfillment of this passage in scripture:

Ah, you destroyer, who yourself have not been destroyed, you traitor, whom none has betrayed! When you have ceased to destroy, you will be destroyed; and when you have finished betraying, they will betray you. ~Isaiah 33:1

Our imminent destruction is at hand. I reveal to you that we are the 7th Babylon according to the word in Revelations:

they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while. ~Revelation 17:10

And we only have about 250 years of history and are certainly young in comparison to the other nations of the world. We will not remain much longer either. For New York City is the prostitute which is to be destroyed according to Revelations:

And the ten horns that you saw, they and the beast will hate the prostitute. They will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire ~Revelation 17:16

And so the North country as described in Daniel is this beast with ten horns and it is about to be formed.

I wrote this all and revealed this in scripture and by historical fact through a small book which I wrote. It is the word of God which I am to speak to the people so that you may be warned and may take warning and do what God requires of you. The book is free. When you have time to read it, please take the time.

The Sounding of the Horn, an Ebook by Kevin Snow

I notice that this thread, The Imminent Destruction of the United States, was started in July of 2018. That was over four years ago and the US is still here.

Reactions: Biblewriter
Upvote 0