TheThirdLink

I am an INFJ.
Sep 26, 2003
Undisclosed
Visit site
✟1,088.00
Faith
Protestant
For the past few days, I've felt like a sword has pierced my heart. I can't enjoy daily activities like I used to be able to, and I've been doing a lot of unnessesary crying. I've tried reading the Bible, but it has brought me no comfort. I feel like I've strayed off of the path God wants me to take, and I know what that path is. But I'm in the dark, and I can't find my way back to peace and joy and that chosen path God has for me.

Can anyone who has been through this PLEASE give me advice?

sparrow1029

beauty for ashes
Nov 8, 2003
Where I'm suppose to be
Visit site
✟549.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I know that I've been in dark places before, and felt very far from God before. Having come out of those places, I can tell you that God was always with me, even if I didn't feel Him. He love you so much, and He longs for you to draw near to Him. As for how to do this--a step at a time. If you feel that you're in your current state because of sin, confess it and hang onto Romans 8:1--if you've asked for forgiveness, and were sincere about it, then you are forgiven! Then, just, ask God to help you rebuild a relationship with Him. Ask Him for the ability to read your Bible and get something out of it, ask Him to revitalize your prayer life, and ask Him to take your hand and lead you back to the right path. God knows where you're at, and He can meet you there. He knows that nobody is perfect, and He can work with that :)

Upvote 0

Vollkommen Warrior

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟917.00
Faith
Christian
I had the same thing happen to me for seemingly no explanation. As dark and scarey as it gets. So dark that words cannot describe and never will. This may be a form of depression. If it is, a chemical is missing in your brain to make you think this way. It is not totally your fault. Go to your family or friend or counselor and get some meds if you suspect. The meds will stabilize you so that you can climb out of the hole yourself and/or figure out if it was purely chemical OR situational the drove your body to this physical state. Afterward you may be able to come off them or stay on them. We live in a time where God has supplied this help for us to use if we need it.

Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sp0ck said:
I had the same thing happen to me for seemingly no explanation. As dark and scarey as it gets. So dark that words cannot describe and never will. This may be a form of depression. If it is, a chemical is missing in your brain to make you think this way. It is not totally your fault. Go to your family or friend or counselor and get some meds if you suspect. The meds will stabilize you so that you can climb out of the hole yourself and/or figure out if it was purely chemical OR situational the drove your body to this physical state. Afterward you may be able to come off them or stay on them. We live in a time where God has supplied this help for us to use if we need it.

I just wanted to add something on a purely different note. It's just a personal experience going on with my Mom and I'd warn anybody anywhere about taking such medications unless there has been some serious medical testing going on. Just recently my Mom was referred to a psychiatrist because the medical doctor THOUGHT she was depressed, and then this psychiatrist handed her a prescription for something that, when I looked it up on WebMD- said it was used ONLY for people with either schizophrenia or SEVERE manic depression; both of which MUST be "severely tested" before such a prescription is handed out. So I would advise strongly against getting "some meds if you suspect" and only get them if you really know, which is basically through all those tests (and prayer). My Mom went to the medical doctor under a complaint about a pain in her stomach that's been going on for quite a while now - AND she has an imbalanced thyroid which can cause depressive episodes but is not clinical depression but this doctor is literally pawning her off to a shrink and has pretty much given her this ultimatum of not treating her until she goes to this wacked out doctor who prescribed a very strong drug after talking to her for a mere 10 minutes.... :sick:

Upvote 0