North Coast NSW
✟1,189.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
And I'm an Australian humanist. I've had decades of life experience teaching is school with lot's of Aboriginal. I've been married for 47yrs to me wife who has one of my kidneys. In years past I've renovated or built our homes had vegetable gardens, goats and chickens. Most of my days are split between maintaining our sub-tropical gardens on the Nth Coast of NSW and building or repairing guitars in my workshop.

I have a brother and sisters who are Christians. My brother is Orthodox and my sisters are Evangelical. Over the last 5 years I've done a deep dive into the origins of the Bible and the development of Christianity. Unfortunately I came here to get some feedback from Christians on their take on issues of theology surrounding The Voice to Parliament but having registered truthfully as being a Humanist. I now find this see keeps me from any direct discussion with Christians in the "Christian Only" parts of this forum.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum @Woodworker . You could probably find a forum for your views somewhere. But debate isn’t allowed everywhere. Discussions maybe. I appreciate your honesty but this is a Christian forum. Maybe the reason is we don’t want people tearing up the Christian faith and offending the weak. What is your purpose in being here? You are certainly welcome within the structure of the site. Be creative and see what kind of response you get.

Upvote 0

Woodworker

Nov 9, 2023
North Coast NSW
✟1,189.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, hope you enjoy your time here. Not familiar with Voice of the Parliament. Looked it up on Wiki, looks like mostly an Australian issue.. not that will stop people from all over having an opinion. :)
Thanks for the welcome. I see I have made a small typo, it's actually Voice to Parliament. And I didn't realise that this forum was international.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Woodworker

Nov 9, 2023
North Coast NSW
✟1,189.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum @Woodworker . You could probably find a forum for your views somewhere. But debate isn’t allowed everywhere. Discussions maybe. I appreciate your honesty but this is a Christian forum. Maybe the reason is we don’t want people tearing up the Christian faith and offending the weak. What is your purpose in being here? You are certainly welcome within the structure of the site. Be creative and see what kind of response you get.
No I haven't come for any sort of debate. I wanted to connect with Christians over a recent referendum in Australia in reference to Aboriginal Christian's place in the faith within Australia.

I wanted to talk to thinking Australia Christians about the place in the Faith for Aboriginal Christians.

Anyway I've got a million other things to do.

Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF! :wave:

There are a couple of forums under "Discussion and Debate" ("News & Current Events" and "Politics") where you might post your question. The majority of Christians Forums participants are American, I'm afraid, but we have a dozen or so active participants from Australia -- some Christian, some atheist -- and you might have a good discussion with them.

At a quick glance, it looks to me like the Voice to Parliament could be a good idea, but I haven't studied it, so I don't know if there are drawbacks I'm not taking into account.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I'm an Australian humanist. I've had decades of life experience teaching is school with lot's of Aboriginal. I've been married for 47yrs to me wife who has one of my kidneys. In years past I've renovated or built our homes had vegetable gardens, goats and chickens. Most of my days are split between maintaining our sub-tropical gardens on the Nth Coast of NSW and building or repairing guitars in my workshop.

I have a brother and sisters who are Christians. My brother is Orthodox and my sisters are Evangelical. Over the last 5 years I've done a deep dive into the origins of the Bible and the development of Christianity. Unfortunately I came here to get some feedback from Christians on their take on issues of theology surrounding The Voice to Parliament but having registered truthfully as being a Humanist. I now find this see keeps me from any direct discussion with Christians in the "Christian Only" parts of this forum.
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome, hope you enjoy your time here. Not familiar with Voice of the Parliament. Looked it up on Wiki, looks like mostly an Australian issue.. not that will stop people from all over having an opinion. :)
Welcome. :wave:

These forums might be of some interest to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Hi, I'm Aussie too. Sort of. I was married to a part aboriginal for 9 years. My kids were put through school by the abstudy scheme. My son identifies as aboriginal. He does not look especially Aboriginal. My fault, I expect. My problem with the "voice" is twofold. One, it perpetuates the "us and them" mentality that has become worse over the last few years. Second, I have seen nothing over the last 50 years to suggest that anything productive will come of the Voice.

The church I attend helps fund a Bible school for Aboriginal Christians. Most who attend the school reject Aboriginal culture. Sacred trees, worshipping dirt and dreamtime myths conflict with the Bible. Other Aborigine Christians like to maintain their roots. Personally, I think it is not possible to believe that which contradicts the Bible and still be a for real Christian.

Upvote 0