I'm considering attending an Angelican/Episcopal church...

Mary7

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2015
Mississippi
✟75,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mary, The Episcopal Church has basically said, "you may." Each Bishop has authority over whether gay marriages may be performed within his or her diocese. If the Bishop permits, each priest and each church also has a choice.

You may want to inquire about your diocese or about an individual church you are interested in attending.
I looked on their website and there is a letter from the priest and bishop saying they will allow same sex marriages.
My problem is accepting gay clergy.
It would seem that the choices are Baptist, Catholic and Orthodox to avoid that. I believe there is an Anglican church in usa now that broke away from Episcopal but nearest one is hours away.

Anyone know how Hank Hannigraft is doing since his conversion from Evangelical to the Orthodox church? Maybe that was one of his reasons.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I looked on their website and there is a letter from the priest and bishop saying they will allow same sex marriages.
My problem is accepting gay clergy.
It would seem that the choices are Baptist, Catholic and Orthodox to avoid that. I believe there is an Anglican church in usa now that broke away from Episcopal but nearest one is hours away.

Anyone know how Hank Hannigraft is doing since his conversion from Evangelical to the Orthodox church? Maybe that was one of his reasons.

I don't know exactly how he is doing, but there is a film/interview I just discovered on AFR looking for you. This might be helpful?
https://www.ancientfaith.com/films/hanegraaff-interviews

Reactions: Mary7
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.. exactly what i had been looking for... his explanation.

You're very welcome. I was interested too, not quite finished with it yet. I can certainly relate with his health concerns and how that played out though. I do hope he's doing well.

Upvote 0