• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

If I could, I would move to...

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by look4hope, Aug 5, 2021.

1. look4hope

look4hope Love.Fellowship.Joy Supporter

+1,654
    Lutheran
    Private
    I moved so much during my childhood to be honest that calling NJ my home in the town Im at presently has been (or was) a blessing. However, I truly would love to move up north...where the mountains take charge and beautiful sunrises and sunsets are espectacular- Perhaps a cabin of some sort. That’s if I could...

What’s yours?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jesus is my Superhero

Jesus is my Superhero Zealot

+839
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I was raised in your idyllic place and there are still hardships. I remember below freezing for weeks on end. Deep snows and treacherous ice. I doubt it's like this now.

My place of choice would be in the Appalachians, but more to the south. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. look4hope

+1,654
    Lutheran
    Private
    Really? People think I’m crazy for wanting such life.
    I can’t live without snow and the cold. Well, I can but don’t want to :p
    Appalachians...very interesting

4. Jesus is my Superhero

+839
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I'm not a winter person, so my ideal doesn't include long cold winters. For lovers of winter sports though, I certainly understand the appeal of such a season. Be prepared for long nights and short days in December and January. LOL

5. look4hope

+1,654
    Lutheran
    Private
    Both warm tropical and Snowy wonderland could make me happy.
    NJ has offered both yet...I’m searching for better? If possible :bigeye:

6. Jesus is my Superhero

+839
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I spent a week in Grenada about 11 years ago. :) I didn't want to come home, just wanted to become a beach bum and survive off crabs, fish and odd jobs for the wealthy foreigners. :) My wife had a different idea.

7. look4hope

+1,654
    Lutheran
    Private
    lol I could agree with both of you. Split emotional/rational decisions.:cool::cool:.yikes!

8. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Watching and Praying Always

+1,438
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Hmm well, somewhere on the coast, Oregon or Washington coast maybe since those are places I've actually been.
    But I've always wanted to go to Kodiak island of Alaska or Hawaii of course too, just couldn't say 100% sure that if I got to choose 1 place I'd go to either of them. would love to visit first.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. look4hope

+1,654
    Lutheran
    Private
    :)Well Jamdoc...both places sound amazing. Even though I’ve never been.
    If I could....I would travel all through. A girl can dream...
    ...Hawaii, me too :tutu:

10. Jamdoc

+1,438
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Alaska would be cool too though, just.. hey there's bald eagle perched on my porch this morning, oh and there's a moose walking down the street... that kinda life, have a boat, go salmon fishing, see the aurora borrealis. I was trying to get a job there before I was disabled but .. it didn't pan out, I was pretty sad about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+8,739
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    back to Canada
    OR to Colorado where we've vacationed
    love mountains, also

living in Alberta, Canada as a child, we took trips to Banff & Jasper National Parks

12. Jesus is my Superhero

+839
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Back in 1978 - 79, I spent 6 months at Colorado Springs. Absolutely loved it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. look4hope

+1,654
    Lutheran
    Private
    Oh darn...sorry to hear, Jamdoc. What happened? Surely, in the near future...you could manage long visits to those awesome places.

14. mama2one

+8,739
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I never want to leave when in Colorado!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. mama2one

+8,739
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I've been trying for years to get husband to move us to Fort Collins or Colorado Springs
    no luck though, housing too expensive for us

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Jesus is my Superhero

+839
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I use to play around in the Garden of the Gods, in Colorado Springs To try my hand at rock climbing.
    Pike's Peak, too. Road trip to Rocky Mt. national park....

17. Jamdoc

+1,438
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Oh just didn't have enough years of experience, I was a new college grad and had tougher competition.
    as far as the disability I developed an autoimmune disease like Rheumatoid Arthritis, it's been particularly aggressive.

18. Jamdoc

+1,438
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    I've lived in Colorado and have several relatives around there, it is beautiful country, but I'm in Montana which is kind of the same just really mountainy and a bit colder.
    prefer the shore though myself but if there's a mountain backdrop to a shore, that's good too which is why I look at Oregon, Washington and Alaska, since you can be on the coast, and still have mountains.

19. Jesus is my Superhero

+839
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Love the Mountains, that's why I look forward to leaving the crummy big city and planting my old self - with my young old wife near the mid Atlantic Appalachians.

20. Confused-by-christianity

Confused-by-christianity Well-Known Member

+282
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    The north.
    By the coast, mountains and lochs.

I feel like the cold is in my blood. The wild coasts, misty mountains, freezing rain, blasting winds, the snow.
    I don't know why I feel that way.