Identically evolved suitors, seeking the same mate, can only be chosen by emotion

When you compare Evolution with Creation...

• ..do you understand the difference between imagination and fancy?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ..do you understand the difference between welcome and toleration?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ..do you undertake to keep one in mind and the other at a distance?

• ..do you reserve the right to change one and keep the other constant?

• ..do you pin your hopes on one that is easier and lighter?

• ..do you reconcile choosing one over the other, by holding out hope for the other?

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So just looking at a hypothetical, here: if two identically evolved suitor seek the same mate, they can only be chosen on the basis of emotion. This means that a better emotional tenor for Evolution, will out evolved a less emotional one.

Reconciling this, can only lead to a stronger emotional resilience, in principle.

Knowing this in advance, less onerously burdened evolution, is able to be emotional resolute with greater ease. In other words, the further you stray from a genuine emotional presence - back through other species' resonance, for example - the less likely you will be able to vie for the emotion in the current context. Old emotion, will be beaten by new emotion, every time.

I'm not saying you can't try really hard to be chosen, I'm just saying you are flying in the face of the lighter way. That's natural order, not science. I'm not trying to suggest what will develop scientifically, I'm saying first principles philosophically, would suggest there is a greater ease and light in simple deference to the nearest solution. A tiger could argue that it has emotional tenor having been an elephant, but a tiger that suggests it has greater emotional tenor having been from a long line of simple tigers will win every time.

I don't want to mislead you, if two tigers have the exact same lineage of simple ancestors, the tiger that says "I was also an Elephant in a past life" has an advantage, that the line of simple ancestors can't give. The point is, is that the weight of comparison, is on the tiger lineage first.

Ask yourself, does a royal lineage of humankind serve better or worse than a lineage of animals? If you are the underdog would you promise to be more of an animal in future, or more royal of the kind you already had?

Again, I don't want to mislead you, maybe if you have a perfect sense of humour, you could make a joke of having been a blind rhinoceros in a past life - but you wouldn't be credited with entirely grasping the point.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Identically evolved suitors, seeking the same mate, can only be chosen by emotion
:scratch:
Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
Mona Lisa Twins ft. John Sebastian (2018)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,372.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I don't want to mislead you, if two tigers have the exact same lineage of simple ancestors, the tiger that says "I was also an Elephant in a past life" has an advantage, that the line of simple ancestors can't give. The point is, is that the weight of comparison, is on the tiger lineage first.
Yeah. Just what is it with tigers? So many of them take this "I used to be an elephant" to the extreme. Is it because they used to be hunted by British aristocracy riding on the back of elephants, or because they've always felt tiger ears are too small? Either way, it's so passé.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Again, I don't want to mislead you, maybe if you have a perfect sense of humour, you could make a joke of having been a blind rhinoceros in a past life - but you wouldn't be credited with entirely grasping the point.

You've been on this forum for 15 years and you STILL post garbage like this. What is your game?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You've been on this forum for 15 years and you STILL post garbage like this. What is your game?
I have yet to see one of his threads that does not result in a :confused:o_O reaction. Sigh. At least they are somewhat entertaining.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,429.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Hi there,

So just looking at a hypothetical, here: if two identically evolved suitor seek the same mate, they can only be chosen on the basis of emotion. This means that a better emotional tenor for Evolution, will out evolved a less emotional one.

Reconciling this, can only lead to a stronger emotional resilience, in principle.

Knowing this in advance, less onerously burdened evolution, is able to be emotional resolute with greater ease. In other words, the further you stray from a genuine emotional presence - back through other species' resonance, for example - the less likely you will be able to vie for the emotion in the current context. Old emotion, will be beaten by new emotion, every time.

I'm not saying you can't try really hard to be chosen, I'm just saying you are flying in the face of the lighter way. That's natural order, not science. I'm not trying to suggest what will develop scientifically, I'm saying first principles philosophically, would suggest there is a greater ease and light in simple deference to the nearest solution. A tiger could argue that it has emotional tenor having been an elephant, but a tiger that suggests it has greater emotional tenor having been from a long line of simple tigers will win every time.

Ask yourself, does a royal lineage of humankind serve better or worse than a lineage of animals? If you are the underdog would you promise to be more of an animal in future, or more royal of the kind you already had?

Nonsense.

Just nonsense.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

stick to facts.
evolution has not been proved as fact.
so fancy 'what if ' stories have no relevance.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So just looking at a hypothetical, here: if two identically evolved suitor seek the same mate, they can only be chosen on the basis of emotion.

No. The prospective mate could flip a coin and leave it to chance. Or tea leaves (same thing as flipping a coin).

But in all practicality, there is rarely, if ever, such a level of identical presentation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,372.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0