If a particular individual evolves greatly, does social pressure normalize the greater evolution?

How soon do you need to communicate your Evolution?

• Straight away.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Later.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I posted about a parasite evolving with the host of the parasite, and it dawned on me that maybe Evolution goes the other way: maybe a particular individual who evolves greatly, is more greatly copied by the population with him. In other words, there is a social pressure to normalize greater evolution - from an individual to the population. This explains why there is bonding, social norms, mating contests, speech, written word, and so on.

If all these things are explained, and Evolution propels them, there is always going to be a social pressure brought about by similar genetic lineages. It is not always up and out (with Evolution), but down and over (with the communication of it). This is a remarkable thing, because as the Telephone Game points out, Evolution is working both ways, the pressure to survive, but also the pressure to keep those with you surviving also.

As the Bible says, "two people together, fare better, for one is able to help the other up" (from memory, Proverbs) This makes sense! It is an extension of Evolution, then, to work with that selection pressure. In time, the ones that can communicate their Evolution better, will do better than those that simply evolve, and return to the dust. Maybe God meant for creatures to have this power, and pointed those who were more evolved out - from a potential mate's perspective anyway.

If we can see that the communication of Evolution is something that is contingent on positive traits adding up, we can see that that communication will come and go. This means that Evolution is at least more dependent on communication, if not completely - as it applies Evolution to Evolution going forward. In other words, Evolution being communicated can be anticipated, even as it evolves - for the sake of greater communication. If you can't communicate your Evolution, you will effectively be left behind.

What do you think? Are you communicating your Evolution, well?

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gott; I gotta say you thoroughly confuse me. evolution to me is monkeys evolving into people. Which is totally against God creating man. I can no longer hang around you while you continue to put God down. You can't be a Christian so maybe you should be in the non Christian threads? Like the agnostics, atheists, etc.
FOR YOUR SAKE MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gotty, please stop. This has absolutely nothing to do with evolution as understood by everyone else on these forums. If you want to talk theology, take it to a more appropriate forum.
Actually he's in the evolution thread?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,196.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Guess I am confused. I thought his post are usually always on evolution
Unfortunately it's so confused and just incorrect that it's not even relevant to evolution.

It's not that Gottservant disagrees with evolution, it's that they aren't even able to express what evolution proposes.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,196.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Who's they? What I've seen from gott is a struggle with whether he believes in God or evolution. But then thats just my interpretation.
Gottservant, who doesn't know what evolution is.

They have a complicated and not really connected series of ideas that they think apply to evolution, but are absolute mistakes.

On one level it's upsetting to watch, because Gottservant's faith and Christianity are clearly very important... and this false vision of evolution is a constant source of anxiety, and it really doesn't matter.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
His posts may include the word evolution but the ideas behind the word, as he uses it, are never anything to do with evolution as a scientific concept. He's been told this many, many times over the years but he just refuses to listen and learn.

If he wants to discuss how faith is important to changing a person's life, that's cool. But this is not the right forum and that's not what evolution is about. I don't want to stop him posting, I'd just like him to stop posting off topic in this forum.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,196.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
What does he hurt other then himself with his own indecision? Just move on, I'm going to.
The issue is that someone without an established knowledge of evolution could conclude that Gottservant's posts and ideas are reasonable assessments of evolution.

For example your own post earlier:

The Creation/Evolution discussion is already full of a great many sources of complexity and confusion... adding more isn't helpful for anyone.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The issue is that someone without an established knowledge of evolution could conclude that Gottservant's posts and ideas are reasonable assessments of evolution.

For example your own post earlier:

The Creation/Evolution discussion is already full of a great many sources of complexity and confusion... adding more isn't helpful for anyone.
Do as you please.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,196.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Do as you please.
Just to clarify, I think this issue is complicated enough with just the things petiole do believe and/or accept without adding in discussion of topics which no one actually believes.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So I posted about a parasite evolving with the host of the parasite, and it dawned on me that maybe Evolution goes the other way: maybe a particular individual who evolves greatly, is more greatly copied by the population with him. In other words, there is a social pressure to normalize greater evolution - from an individual to the population. This explains why there is bonding, social norms, mating contests, speech, written word, and so on.

If all these things are explained, and Evolution propels them, there is always going to be a social pressure brought about by similar genetic lineages. It is not always up and out (with Evolution), but down and over (with the communication of it). This is a remarkable thing, because as the Telephone Game points out, Evolution is working both ways, the pressure to survive, but also the pressure to keep those with you surviving also.

As the Bible says, "two people together, fare better, for one is able to help the other up" (from memory, Proverbs) This makes sense! It is an extension of Evolution, then, to work with that selection pressure. In time, the ones that can communicate their Evolution better, will do better than those that simply evolve, and return to the dust. Maybe God meant for creatures to have this power, and pointed those who were more evolved out - from a potential mate's perspective anyway.

If we can see that the communication of Evolution is something that is contingent on positive traits adding up, we can see that that communication will come and go. This means that Evolution is at least more dependent on communication, if not completely - as it applies Evolution to Evolution going forward. In other words, Evolution being communicated can be anticipated, even as it evolves - for the sake of greater communication. If you can't communicate your Evolution, you will effectively be left behind.

What do you think? Are you communicating your Evolution, well?

You've been told many times that individuals don't evolve. Why do you keep repeating things that you've been told are wrong?

Upvote 0