Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello, my name is Joshua Crissen, I am a born again follower of Yeshua, my Saviour. I have been trying to learn all I can with my limited knowledge, and no real ability to understand anything other than English. I am a big believer in the Jewish peoples having a clearer deeper insights, as Salvation came through the Jews, the Jews first then the Gentiles. My great grandfather was a Jew by blood, not faith, he came here during the oppression of Vladimir Lennon in 1904,

My question is concerning extra Biblical books. Specifically Enoch, Jasher, and Jubilees. I do not receive very much support on my curiosity of these books. But I have read them, at least the translations of the, I have found. It seems to me that they support scripture, they seem to match the nature and spirit of scripture, and even seem to clarify things. I figure though, who better to try to seek answers from, other than my older brothers in Christ.

Thank you

Last edited:

xBGx

Jun 4, 2014
✟15,148.00
Faith
Messianic
As for Jasher, the one out there today, is an invention of man, and the original has been lost, and its best to stick with the ones we currently have in the good book.

Curious as to what makes you say this? I don't know much about them either, but I have read some of them.

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Curious as to what makes you say this? I don't know much about them either, but I have read some of them.

Simple, Jasher, the rabbinical work of some Christ-denying Jews, is a complete fabrication. There's no ancient book of Jasher unless you consider 1300 Ad ancient. Secondly, just like Jubilees it attempts to create a few filler details to entice the imagination of its readers. If you read some of Jubilees, you've noticed that.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
As for Jasher, the one out there today, is an invention of man, and the original has been lost, and its best to stick with the ones we currently have in the good book.
There are several (as many as five) separate works by this title. "Sepir Ha Yasher" is the title of this book written in Hebrew.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello, my name is Joshua Crissen, I am a born again follower of Yeshua, my Saviour. I have been trying to learn all I can with my limited knowledge, and no real ability to understand anything other than English. I am a big believer in the Jewish peoples having a clearer deeper insights, as Salvation came through the Jews, the Jews first then the Gentiles. My great grandfather was a Jew by blood, not faith, he came here during the oppression of Vladimir Lennon in 1904,

My question is concerning extra Biblical books. Specifically Enoch, Jasher, and Jubilees. I do not receive very much support on my curiosity of these books. But I have read them, at least the translations of the, I have found. It seems to me that they support scripture, they seem to match the nature and spirit of scripture, and even seem to clarify things. I figure though, who better to try to seek answers from, other than my older brothers in Christ.

Thank you

The Book of Enoch is an inspired work done by an unknown prophet. Enoch is not Enoch but part of the parable. Although an inspired work, it has suffered much corruption from Gnostics and Pagans. I do not know anything about The Book of Jasher. I have read some of The Book of Jubilees, and the parts that I have read seem to be in order. The Biblical Calendar is a 364 day a year calendar. It seems that the day of the week was as important as the day its self for the biblical feast. The Civil Hebrew Calendar was not established until about 167 BC.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are books mentioned in the Bible, which are not in the Bible. For example, the Books of the Wars of the Lord. Now, concerning other books under the same name as those mentioned in the Bible, we cannot be sure that they are legitimate. One reason not to trust Jubilees, it runs on a different calendar, a solar one, as opposed to the biblical lunar calendar. As for Jasher, the one out there today, is an invention of man, and the original has been lost, and its best to stick with the ones we currently have in the good book.

Just for clarification, by "older brothers," it seems to me that the OP was asking for answers from Messianic Jews. Is that not the case?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Book of Enoch is an inspired work done by an unknown prophet. Enoch is not Enoch but part of the parable. Although an inspired work, it has suffered much corruption from Gnostics and Pagans. I do not know anything about The Book of Jasher. I have read some of The Book of Jubilees, and the parts that I have read seem to be in order. The Biblical Calendar is a 364 day a year calendar. It seems that the day of the week was as important as the day its self for the biblical feast. The Civil Hebrew Calendar was not established until about 167 BC.

Does this make our current book of Enoch unreliable, is the account of the fallen angels not accurate ?

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just for clarification, by "older brothers," it seems to me that the OP was asking for answers from Messianic Jews. Is that not the case?

I'll post where I want to post.

Secondly, he didn't seem to be asking for answers from just messianic jews, but people over the age of 38. In what way does "older brothers" translate to messianic jews?

It's official, only people older than the guy who started the thread can answer...

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Does this make our current book of Enoch unreliable, is the account of the fallen angels not accurate ?

In places it just a word or sentence that may have been changed. In other places it is whole or part of a chapter. The rule in what to trust should be; if it is not according to what is taught in Orthodox Judaism, then it is a problem. Here is one example: Hell is not a teaching ever taught in Orthodox Judaism. Rule #2. There are messengers, but there is no such thing as angels. And the list goes on. The best translation of Enoch is by R.H. Charles. Being able to compare the DSS Enoch to the book could also be helpful.

There are fallen messengers, that is to say, men of God who turned away and went their own way. These messengers did not keep their first estate, but abandoned their own habitation that they would have had with God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Secondly, he didn't seem to be asking for answers from just messianic jews, but people over the age of 38. In what way does "older brothers" translate to messianic jews?

It's official, only people older than the guy who started the thread can answer...

The opener of the thread responded to my statement in the affirmative. He was indeed seeking out the opinions of Messianic Jews. This is the Messianic Jewish forum - a community forum where non-community members are not supposed to teach or give instruction (or answer on behalf of community members). Not being a Messianic Jew, you are free to post here - of course. But, you should state outright to the poster in question that you are giving a Christian answer - and not necessarily the answer that a member of this community would supply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Older Brother in spiritual terms would refer to the Jewish people. They are the chosen ones of God, for salvation came first to the Jew, then the Gentile. The Jew is Gods children, the Gentile is adopted in. I apologise for the confusion, and I appreciate your input. :)

Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In places it just a word or sentence that may have been changed. In other places it is whole or part of a chapter. The rule in what to trust should be; if it is not according to what is taught in Orthodox Judaism, then it is a problem. Here is one example: Hell is not a teaching ever taught in Orthodox Judaism. Rule #2. There are messengers, but there is no such thing as angels. And the list goes on. The best translation of Enoch is by R.H. Charles. Being able to compare the DSS Enoch to the book could also be helpful.

There are fallen messengers, that is to say, men of God who turned away and went their own way. These messengers did not keep their first estate, but abandoned their own habitation that they would have had with God.

What would be the difference between an angel and a messenger. I do understand that angels , or messengers are all male, do not have wings. But is there more than that ?

Upvote 0