Powell
✟35,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to enjoy life until recently. Now I live in constant fear, stress, anxiety, and depression. I pray to God to take it away and to restore my ability to enjoy life.
My parents and a lot of other loved ones have died, things in my life keep going wrong, and I feel obligated by God to give up a lot of things I enjoy doing.
I'm tired of it all. Now I keep hoping I'll die and go to Heaven soon even though I'm 39 years old.
I know suicide isn't the way to go. I'm afraid of what God might do to me if I did that, and there are friends and relatives who would be devastated.
My cat is my only reason to live. She's 17 and has special medical needs. I'm afraid that if I precede her in death, she might not get the care she needs. I just hope my time comes very soon after hers.
I accept Christ as my lord and savior, and hope I'm on the book of life.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Well if you have believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. Then there should be no hoping you are in the book of life. Unless you believe God is lying when, through The Bible, God states. When a person believes in Jesus they cross over from death to life.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I used to enjoy life until recently. Now I live in constant fear, stress, anxiety, and depression. I pray to God to take it away and to restore my ability to enjoy life.
My parents and a lot of other loved ones have died, things in my life keep going wrong, and I feel obligated by God to give up a lot of things I enjoy doing.
I'm tired of it all. Now I keep hoping I'll die and go to Heaven soon even though I'm 39 years old.
I know suicide isn't the way to go. I'm afraid of what God might do to me if I did that, and there are friends and relatives who would be devastated.
My cat is my only reason to live. She's 17 and has special medical needs. I'm afraid that if I precede her in death, she might not get the care she needs. I just hope my time comes very soon after hers.
Imagine going to a port city in Florida and you find a man who says "I am bored with life, I have bills to pay and a lot of stresses. I just feel like relaxing". But you happen to know that the largest hurrican ever recorded in history will hit that city tomorrow afternoon so you say "Man you don't have time for that - you need to board up your windows, pack your car - and leave today if possible!"

Matt 7 -
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; leave Me, you who practice lawlessness.’
24 “Therefore, everyone who hears these words of Mine, and acts on them, will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

In Matt 7 the "many" are on the wide road that leads to perdition and the FEW are on the Narrow road that leads to eternal life.

John 14 "I am the way the TRUTH and the LIFE"

Jesus said that in the end - many are self-deceived and surprised by the outcome - just as those were before the flood when it came and took them all away.

2 Thess 2:6 And you know what restrains him now, so that he will be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is removed. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will eliminate with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not accept the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

2 Cor 13:5 "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?"

Rom 8:13-16 there is a scenario where "the Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we ARE the children of God"

The short little book of 1 John has many statements of the form 'BY THIS we can KNOW that we have come to know Him..." and "by this we may know that we are IN Him...".

Eternal life is a far bigger issue than the things you are listing.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everybody wants to go home. I think that is normal for the believer. We want to complete our redemption and escape the darkness and burden of sin that is all around us.
But then I think in terms of redeeming the time. I still have time to make good, add fruit, and do good while I am here. There are some people who need me. My wife, to a lesser extent, my children, who are all in their 40s and doing well. I am almost 70 and want to make good the time I have left. I am fairly strong for my age, so I believe I will eclipse the 70 years appointed to me. I look for ways to maybe help people in their faith and fight back the constant drone of doubt, anti-faith, and blatant unbelief that seems to be engulfing the church. We also give a goodly amount to some in need, and feel good about continuing that.

Upvote 0

DavidTheGnome

Jun 12, 2023
Powell
✟35,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
Well if you have believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. Then there should be no hoping you are in the book of life. Unless you believe God is lying when, through The Bible, God states. When a person believes in Jesus they cross over from death to life.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”
I know God doesn't lie. I just hope I'm not one of those people that Jesus said will not enter Heaven even though they call him their lord. (Matthew 7:21-23)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello sir. I understand the world can seem like it is falling apart (global warming, divided people, disease and famine, inflation), but we can use that fact to help others turn to God, and help them in this broken world. Even when it is hard to help someone with money, you can hang out with someone and talk Christianity or vent. If you need someone to talk to, or be a friend, I'm here for you.

- Alex B.

Upvote 0

DavidTheGnome

Jun 12, 2023
Powell
✟35,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello sir. I understand the world can seem like it is falling apart (global warming, divided people, disease and famine, inflation), but we can use that fact to help others turn to God, and help them in this broken world. Even when it is hard to help someone with money, you can hang out with someone and talk Christianity or vent. If you need someone to talk to, or be a friend, I'm here for you.

- Alex B.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you.
You're welcome brother. Also, know that we will probably reach peak oil sometime in the 2020s or early 2030s, so fossil fuel usage would decline in the near future. A German company is working on making wind turbines with recyclable components, while the Aussies are developing a way to recycle old solar panels and turn them into concrete.

So, at least we are starting to solve climate change, though it would take several decades. The EU is planning on going carbon neutral by the middle of the century, same with the US. And current generation electric cars may not be a solution due to unethical mining practices for cobalt and lithium (battery materials), but the Japanese are working on releasing a hybrid car in the next few years that use a new type of battery which uses less raw material. Finally, to avoid cars all together, the Spanish are working on making their major cities more walkable.

Lots of good news, but the most important Good News comes from the Lord. :)

Reactions: DavidTheGnome
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I know God doesn't lie. I just hope I'm not one of those people that Jesus said will not enter Heaven even though they call him their lord. (Matthew 7:21-23)

Well you have a misunderstanding of these verses.

Look at the first verse have you really read what the verse says.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

But he who does the will of My Father in heaven
, do you know what the will of The Father is. Read John 6:40
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life has nothing to do with saying Lord,Lord but has everything to do with believing in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

My friend. Lay your sufferings, concerns at the feet of Jesus. Know 100% that, as you carry your cross in life, Jesus is indeed carrying you!

I suffer with depression and anxiety. I too have been on the edge many many times in life.

We have to truly trust in Jesus. To believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

You are not alone in your suffering. God knows your heart. Persevere in prayer. Push those negative, harmful thoughts out of your mind. Ok, its not easy, i truly know that. Turn to Jesus. Go to His open arms. Let Him take away your burdens.

God bless and protect you my friend. Stay strong however hard it gets. Remember Jobe and what he went through...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Do not give up my brother in Christ. I am 31 almost 32, 39 is much too young to pass, you have work to do and a good life to live on Earth. Start storing up for yourself treasures in Heaven so that when you get there you can have them ready for you.

Something I like to do? I like to pray for things spiritually to have them when I get to Heaven and have them now. For example, I like to design my armor of God listed in Ephesians 6 and draw and custom make them to be what I want and then wear it every day. I view my life as an embassy for Jesus here on Earth and I live each day trying to be a light even just a small glimpse for people on Earth. There is much work to be done. Do you know that Angels want to be able to do the things like we do? Angels only sometimes get to appear as humans and do physical jobs, but we get to be physical every day! One day you will get to be in Heaven, it is not too far off, do not shorten your life prematurely. I am here as your friend too, and so is Jesus. PM me if you want, seriously, I check CF often I will be your friend and talk. I'm serious. Also just know that there are things you can do here that are good to do and they are fun and you don't have to feel guilty doing them. (as long as it's not sin ofc) you mentioned that God has taken some things from you, i went through a similar thing, but it is more of a fast and to help me to focus on more of the good things in life that Jesus has for us.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do not give up my brother in Christ. I am 31 almost 32, 39 is much too young to pass, you have work to do and a good life to live on Earth. Start storing up for yourself treasures in Heaven so that when you get there you can have them ready for you.

Something I like to do? I like to pray for things spiritually to have them when I get to Heaven and have them now. For example, I like to design my armor of God listed in Ephesians 6 and draw and custom make them to be what I want and then wear it every day. I view my life as an embassy for Jesus here on Earth and I live each day trying to be a light even just a small glimpse for people on Earth. There is much work to be done. Do you know that Angels want to be able to do the things like we do? Angels only sometimes get to appear as humans and do physical jobs, but we get to be physical every day! One day you will get to be in Heaven, it is not too far off, do not shorten your life prematurely. I am here as your friend too, and so is Jesus. PM me if you want, seriously, I check CF often I will be your friend and talk. I'm serious. Also just know that there are things you can do here that are good to do and they are fun and you don't have to feel guilty doing them. (as long as it's not sin ofc) you mentioned that God has taken some things from you, i went through a similar thing, but it is more of a fast and to help me to focus on more of the good things in life that Jesus has for us.
Wait, you make armor? That is so cool bro. :) But yeah, I agree with you. Hopefully the OP can protect his life, so that he may let us become his friends.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Wait, you make armor? That is so cool bro. :) But yeah, I agree with you. Hopefully the OP can protect his life, so that he may let us become his friends.
Do you know the armor of God listed in Ephesians 6? The helmet of Salvation, breastplate of righteousness, the shield of Faith, the Sword of The Spirit, the belt of Truth, the shoes of Peace? You can draw these armor pieces and add your own armor like maybe a bow or a gun of the spirit or a crossbow or any kind of weapon and call it of the spirit. It's like making a video game character but it's yourself spiritually. How i "make" them is I design them and then pray that Jesus make them a reality. Trust me what Jesus gives us is of better quality than any rusty piece of garbage the enemy soldiers may have had to steal to get lol. They are liars and thieves, but Jesus's angels and soldiers are of the best quality and last forever.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know the armor of God listed in Ephesians 6? The helmet of Salvation, breastplate of righteousness, the shield of Faith, the Sword of The Spirit, the belt of Truth, the shoes of Peace? You can draw these armor pieces and add your own armor like maybe a bow or a gun of the spirit or a crossbow or any kind of weapon and call it of the spirit. It's like making a video game character but it's yourself spiritually. How i "make" them is I design them and then pray that Jesus make them a reality. Trust me what Jesus gives us is of better quality than any rusty piece of garbage the enemy soldiers may have had to steal to get lol. They are liars and thieves, but Jesus's angels and soldiers are of the best quality and last forever.
Yeah, I have heard of the armor of God, but he will give us armor that we can't even comprehend. Once we are in heaven, the armor would be made for us. Drawing it on Earth, and hoping the armor would appear like our design is a bit fruitless, but still fun. Jesus doesn't want us to spend our time trying to customize armor for ourselves, he wants us to spread the Good News and help those in need. But yeah, if I had armor, I'd like a 500W (high wattage) laser blaster.

Upvote 0

DavidTheGnome

Jun 12, 2023
Powell
✟35,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also just know that there are things you can do here that are good to do and they are fun and you don't have to feel guilty doing them. (as long as it's not sin ofc) you mentioned that God has taken some things from you, i went through a similar thing, but it is more of a fast and to help me to focus on more of the good things in life that Jesus has for us.
Some of the things I feel banned by God from continuing are drawing (because it's mostly tracing), novel writing (because one of the novels is part of the Elder Scrolls series, and the other novel is a horror novel about a girl who battles against demons as they try to invade Earth, and every fiction story I can think of is an action story), playing Minecraft with my only save file (because in it I built some Elder Scrolls stuff and also built some Hellish things in the Nether and science fiction things in the End).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Some of the things I feel banned by God from continuing are drawing (because it's mostly tracing), novel writing (because one of the novels is part of the Elder Scrolls series, and the other novel is a horror novel about a girl who battles against demons as they try to invade Earth, and every fiction story I can think of is an action story), playing Minecraft with my only save file (because in it I built some Elder Scrolls stuff and also built some Hellish things in the Nether and science fiction things in the End).
I want to say before i wade with you in the shallow end that I too took a break from almost everything I was doing, and that was not necessarily bad but it helped me to refine what I can and cannot do.

So let's breakdown what you've told me:

drawing (because it's mostly tracing)
my brother in Christ, I am not going to make you feel bad for believing that tracing is wrong, but if you think about it, unless you were making photo copies of a famous art piece that you did not own in order to sell, why would tracing be wrong? If it was because it is copying, then any artist that drew realistic photos of any people or animals or scenes in nature would be copying and they are tracing God's design. But this is not wrong and I believe is ok in God's eyes, just pray about it please.

novel writing (because one of the novels is part of the Elder Scrolls series, and the other novel is a horror novel about a girl who battles against demons as they try to invade Earth, and every fiction story I can think of is an action story)
If it is wrong because it imitates a game you believe is pagan or not Godly fine, but it is not wrong because of action, for do you not know that since the beginning of creation angels have been doing battle with demons, The Archangel Michael cast down the enemy from Heaven. Jesus saw the enemy fall like lightning, These are the words of Jesus Himself! We also do battle with unseen forces and wear unseen to most armor and weapons listed in Ephesians. Action, my friend is not wrong. You could write fiction of what you want to do when you finally get to Heaven!

playing Minecraft with my only save file (because in it I built some Elder Scrolls stuff and also built some Hellish things in the Nether and science fiction things in the End)
Pray about the game you are playing, and then make a save file with only good things in it, invite Jesus and His angels in the game. If the game itself is in question find a more tame game or a more creative game. Just make sure the game is ok and then pray to Jesus

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I have heard of the armor of God, but he will give us armor that we can't even comprehend. Once we are in heaven, the armor would be made for us. Drawing it on Earth, and hoping the armor would appear like our design is a bit fruitless, but still fun. Jesus doesn't want us to spend our time trying to customize armor for ourselves, he wants us to spread the Good News and help those in need. But yeah, if I had armor, I'd like a 500W (high wattage) laser blaster.
be careful that you do not limit God. Paul mentions the armor in Ephesians to us that are living on Earth, and advises us to put it on now while we are living. HE DOES NOT say to wait until you get to Heaven and then put the armor on, if anything is fruitless that is. Why would you need armor once you make to Heaven, does that make sense? Would you give a soldier his weapons and uniform after he retired?? By all means no.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
be careful that you do not limit God. Paul mentions the armor in Ephesians to us that are living on Earth, and advises us to put it on now while we are living. HE DOES NOT say to wait until you get to Heaven and then put the armor on, if anything is fruitless that is. Why would you need armor once you make to Heaven, does that make sense? Would you give a soldier his weapons and uniform after he retired?? By all means no.
Is the armor metaphorical on Earth?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,but against the rulers, against the authorities,against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

The armor is spiritual. We live in a world where worldly people want you to believe that the unseen angels and demons are non-existent. But that is not true. They exist and many can see them. Why do you think so many people who have "mentall ilness" or I should call it "spiritual sensitivity" at the age of around 21 describe seeing things that others don't. We have eyes that can see spiritually and they typically develope at adulthood: 21.

The world has a whole mental health system designed to catch people that can actually see, medicate them, and then force them to be worldly. How do i know this? Because I am diagnosed and can see things, and have been hospitalized 3 times for claiming to hear The Holy Spirit and see angels and the other losers people call demons.

This is a real thing, whether people are willing to believe it or not, and when we get to Heaven Jesus will show us all the behind the scenes work that went into keeping all His children safe and getting them to Heaven.

Upvote 0