Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I think that's the crux of the situation.
You. Tried.
We accomplish nothing on our own.
Take a break and just be for awhile He will come He's closer than you think.
Trust.
Breathe.

Yes. One door closes, another opens.

Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Moonshine you just smile girl.
I was aways so kind to the people at work
but the more they learned of my christain faith they hated me anway.
It got so bad one said, noone likes you.
Man, i thought, who is this no one , i finally have a friend i can go witness with.

Very good ! What's more, Moonshine (good name, I'm pinching it), if people at work or elsewehere don't want to befriend you, it's their loss, not yours. Even your whingeing has me in stitches, you're so human - and feminine.
You women are so much more socially-oriented. But, seriously, the words, 'Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven and all things will be added', was not just a flight of fancy. But look how many friends you've made on here. You seem to be one of the stars we all want to read up on. Like reading the paper in the morning.

If you want to feel God's loving presence mystically, when you pray, for example, then you must develop your own interior life of prayer and self-denial, not look to God to get the world (and your church) to entertain you, and meet your social preferences. Everything takes time, but as a Chinese saying purportedly has it : a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. You'll probably find people befriend you far earlier than you expected. But by then you will have learned a little more self-reliance, anyway. No bad thing, of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fhaoipteh

May 9, 2017
Preston
✟8,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My friend snapping did it for me. Its like God never wants to see me happy, I've been lonely all my life...I'm just like if you can't find it in your heart to give me a friend to keep me company ...could you yourself at least talk to me.

I've asked for years to hear God speak to me or feel his presence...something! And I got nothing...

Nothing. I asked , I tried..and still nothing.

I try to do the right thing, with my aunt at her church...but I just got treated badly for it... Even when we moved out of the hotels my mom got in a freaking car accident...

And my only friend who I loved so much descended into madness, 3 years...gone just like that. ( Why let my friend descend into madness? Why couldn't he be blessed with a sound mind like alot of people? Why? I tried to make friends with a girl at work and she hasn't t3xted back,...so its like I can't have anything )

Why does God just pick on some people?

Why is God so jealous he can't stand to see me genuinely happy..with or without him... I tried to get close but he does nothing...so its like I can't have anything... Not HIM, not friends, not a job...nothing...

What's the point? And I hear about my other f4lends and how well they're doing ..one is going to make 1000 a week.. And she's younger than me... ..

And I'm just like am I just here as Gods special punching bag? When he gets mad...its time to mess with me?

I'm over it....

I don't think I can love a god like this.
I'm so close to telling God go f**** yourself.,.

Bc I never did anything to Him except try to be close and I won't try anymore...I'm not ...I'm done.

I mean what's the point so I can reach out and God can be silent some more? I think I've learned my lesson.
My dear friend, you sound depressed. I would strongly suggest that you go to the doctor for help first. Then go to a nearby church regularly every week and listen. xx

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My friend snapping did it for me. Its like God never wants to see me happy, I've been lonely all my life...I'm just like if you can't find it in your heart to give me a friend to keep me company ...could you yourself at least talk to me.

I've asked for years to hear God speak to me or feel his presence...something! And I got nothing...

I try to do the right thing, with my aunt at her church...but I just got treated badly for it... Even when we moved out of the hotels my mom got in a freaking car accident...

And my only friend who I loved so much descended into madness, 3 years...gone just like that. ( Why let my friend descend into madness? Why couldn't he be blessed with a sound mind like alot of people? Why? I tried to make friends with a girl at work and she hasn't t3xted back,...so its like I can't have anything )

Why is God so jealous he can't stand to see me genuinely happy..with or without him... I tried to get close but he does nothing...so its like I can't have anything... Not HIM, not friends, not a job...nothing...

What's the point? And I hear about my other f4lends and how well they're doing ..one is going to make 1000 a week.. And she's younger than me... ..

And I'm just like am I just here as Gods special punching bag? When he gets mad...its time to mess with me?

I'm over it....

Bc I never did anything to Him except try to be close and I won't try anymore...I'm not ...I'm done.

I mean what's the point so I can reach out and God can be silent some more? I think I've learned my lesson.
I'm not being sarcastic or facetious, maybe He's not done with you. We've all felt that way at some time. But He'll never let you go. God bless :).

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You asked about how I feel joy no matter what I'm going through. It so happens that the sermon I put on for today from my app happens to be about 'how to keep your peace'. It explains it better than I could but backs up my personal experience from having only intermittent peace and now having it 80-90% of the time. The time I don't have it is when I slip out of that 'oneness' with the Lord.

https://www.intouch.org/listen/featured/how-to-protect-our-peace-part-1

I don't want to keep recommending him when it's the Lord we follow not a preacher. However, advice given by that gentleman really has helped me put God's principles into practice.

God bless and keep you.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You asked about how I feel joy no matter what I'm going through. It so happens that the sermon I put on for today from my app happens to be about 'how to keep your peace'. It explains it better than I could but backs up my personal experience from having only intermittent peace and now having it 80-90% of the time. The time I don't have it is when I slip out of that 'oneness' with the Lord.

https://www.intouch.org/listen/featured/how-to-protect-our-peace-part-1

I don't want to keep recommending him when it's the Lord we follow not a preacher. However, advice given by that gentleman really has helped me put God's principles into practice.

God bless and keep you.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My dear friend, you sound depressed. I would strongly suggest that you go to the doctor for help first. Then go to a nearby church regularly every week and listen. xx
Yeah I think so..but only because if everything I've experienced. I don't think I need medication because if even one thing changed with my situation..I could see myself being alot happier. I'm depressed because of circumstances.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Depression can be situational or biochemical, and sometimes a situational depression can trigger biochemical malfunction. I would urge you to please consider getting help. You may need extra support, at least crisis counseling if not medicine, to help bring you to a functional enough level to be able to respond to any positive changes. Otherwise, circumstances can be as positive as they want to be, but your brain and thoughts are so burned out, there is no spark. A depressed brain is like a car without an engine. No matter how full you fill that gas tank, it's not going to run. That's been my experience.

Upvote 0

Edo2

Mar 25, 2017
Usa
✟27,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't compare or worry about what is going on in other people lives. What you see is what they want you to see and probably aren't showing you the behind the scenes or they aren't showing you their heart. 2nd corinthinians Chapter 12 Paul talks about we aren't to compare. The way I've heard this put is you are seeing their highlight reel and then comparing it too your behind the scenes.

I had a pastor say he was upset with god. Their was some things going he didn't understand. One day he went into the woods away from everyone and ended up spending about 8 hours with him pouring his heart out. Said it was one of the most spiritual experiences he ever had. God knows your heart and he knows your mad at him. If you can find a very secluded spot away from everybody and everything and pour your heart out to him. Talk to him like he is right in front of you and show him the most inner parts of your heart.

If you have a place you whether inside or outside you can spend 15 mins daily by yourself with god on a daily basis then try to build that intimacy with him that he wants and over time your spirit will crave.

Take a break from church. Their are many churches that stream their services or their are alot of YouTube videos of messages as well that you can listen to. Find a few that you like and speaks to you and feeds your spirit. Maybe you go back to church maybe you don't or maybe you find another one that will feed you more. Let god decide when you go back if you do. He knows better than us.

Dunno what kind of phone you have but if you don't already download a bible onto it. Youversion is really good and has plans on their for pretty much anything.

Finally one day at a time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

welshman

Mar 5, 2008
Wales
✟23,438.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I hope this message doesn't come across as anything aside from loving, however what I will say here might seem as the opposite...

I don't know you, nor have I really spoken to you at any length on here apart from the odd reply on a few threads. However, after reading much of what you have posted recently, certainly since I have made a return to these forums, I have seen a pattern to what you talk about.

Much of what you decide or ask for advice over comes from what seems a very negative place. Again I don't know much about you, yet I get the sense that whatever the topic seems to be about - the impression I get is that you are not really looking for godly answers, more that you are wanting people to agree with how you are feeling.

There have been numerous, godly, wise and gracious answers on this thread alone that tell you to seek the lord for your issues. In pretty much every response, all you have done is give a reason why this or that won't or doesn't work. Much of this advice, like I have said has been godly, wise and sensible. Yet, I don't really see you wanting to accept that. Instead you seem to just want people to listen to you.

In and of itself, that is not a bad thing, however I think people will say eventually that you need to do something about your situation...

The first thing I would say is to examine yourself, just like Paul warned us to. Is my walk right with God? Am I saved? Am I living the life God calls me to? Have I made Jesus my lord as well as my saviour? Have I come to the point where I am willing to give up this life that I want to carve out for myself and hand it to god in exchange for what his will is? Have I sought biblical counselling if there are things that I need godly advice over? How often am I reading my bible and studying it? How long do I spend with God in prayer and thank him for everything(not just come to him with a shopping list)?

Only when you have truthfully answered those questions can you then perhaps think of asking questions that you posted initially in this thread.

I hope you see and understand where I am getting at? None of us are perfect - however I see many of us, myself included at times demand for give us an easy ride when we are not promised or deserving of anything at all.

Praying for you,
God bless.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I noticed how good yr posts are and how in line with what I feel the Godly response is. They are great... However, please ensure that its for the right reason you want them acknowledged. Hehe. To illuminate God not your own gifts He has obviously given to you. (I find this 'like' system is something which is an enemy to myself. I keep checking the positive ratings I have.)

I look forward to reading more of them in future, they are a joy to read.

I understand, and thanks! I've already admitted that it was God Almighty who gives me the words, and I only write them, and I know full well that this talent was a Gift from God, and like all things Given from God Almighty, it could be taken away in an instant.

I understand this very well, and I thank you for taking the time to read what God gives me to write. I believe that when I post what God wants to be said, It's just as much for me as it is anyone else.

These may be God's words, but they still resonate in my heart, and I truly believe and mean them.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You wake up every morning immersed in His creation. Your heart beats, your lungs breathe, your eyes see, and your ears hear. It's not the He isn't speaking to you; it's that he's not reciting the lyrics you've demanded of Him. Remember the words He taught us to pray?

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done..."

"THY will," not "MY will".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I hope this message doesn't come across as anything aside from loving, however what I will say here might seem as the opposite...

I don't know you, nor have I really spoken to you at any length on here apart from the odd reply on a few threads. However, after reading much of what you have posted recently, certainly since I have made a return to these forums, I have seen a pattern to what you talk about.

Much of what you decide or ask for advice over comes from what seems a very negative place. Again I don't know much about you, yet I get the sense that whatever the topic seems to be about - the impression I get is that you are not really looking for godly answers, more that you are wanting people to agree with how you are feeling.

There have been numerous, godly, wise and gracious answers on this thread alone that tell you to seek the lord for your issues. In pretty much every response, all you have done is give a reason why this or that won't or doesn't work. Much of this advice, like I have said has been godly, wise and sensible. Yet, I don't really see you wanting to accept that. Instead you seem to just want people to listen to you.

In and of itself, that is not a bad thing, however I think people will say eventually that you need to do something about your situation...

The first thing I would say is to examine yourself, just like Paul warned us to. Is my walk right with God? Am I saved? Am I living the life God calls me to? Have I made Jesus my lord as well as my saviour? Have I come to the point where I am willing to give up this life that I want to carve out for myself and hand it to god in exchange for what his will is? Have I sought biblical counselling if there are things that I need godly advice over? How often am I reading my bible and studying it? How long do I spend with God in prayer and thank him for everything(not just come to him with a shopping list)?

Only when you have truthfully answered those questions can you then perhaps think of asking questions that you posted initially in this thread.

I hope you see and understand where I am getting at? None of us are perfect - however I see many of us, myself included at times demand for give us an easy ride when we are not promised or deserving of anything at all.

Praying for you,
God bless.

In her defense, I can understand that—if she hasn't heard from God her whole life (or at least in a discernible fashion for a long time), she might feel that doing something like that is as useless as someone asking Thor or Osiris for help, in other words, nothing happening.

Upvote 0

Fhaoipteh

May 9, 2017
Preston
✟8,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You sound very needy and superficial. God doesn't owe you anything. God brings pain and trials to shape you, and he was gracious enough to promise hope for the world after. If you reject God, you aren't rejecting only God, you're rejecting your soul. But even still he's faithful and just to forgive you for turning your back on the pledge of faithfulness you presumably gave him.
I disagree with your statement that God brings pain and suffering. The world and it's people bring us pain and suffering. God is pure love and does not want us to be unhappy. Pain and suffering is a part of every life, but God's love can help us cope with it, through His loving family, the church.

Upvote 0

Fhaoipteh

May 9, 2017
Preston
✟8,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We get depressed for a reason. Sometimes taking time out to feel better helps all round.
When I get depressed I go into self preservation mode. I see my doctor and take some sick leave. When I go back to work, people behave more kindly and I can be kind back to them. Sometimes, when we get depressed, we take it out on all those around us and make things worse. Stand back and get things in perspective. Best wishes and don't despair.

Upvote 0

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In her defense, I can understand that—if she hasn't heard from God her whole life (or at least in a discernible fashion for a long time), she might feel that doing something like that is as useless as someone asking Thor or Osiris for help, in other words, nothing happening.

I agree

Upvote 0

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm over it....

Have you ever asked God for faith?

Upvote 0