I think im done with god.

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My friend snapping did it for me. Its like God never wants to see me happy, I've been lonely all my life...I'm just like if you can't find it in your heart to give me a friend to keep me company ...could you yourself at least talk to me.

I've asked for years to hear God speak to me or feel his presence...something! And I got nothing...

Nothing. I asked , I tried..and still nothing.

I try to do the right thing, with my aunt at her church...but I just got treated badly for it... Even when we moved out of the hotels my mom got in a freaking car accident...

And my only friend who I loved so much descended into madness, 3 years...gone just like that. ( Why let my friend descend into madness? Why couldn't he be blessed with a sound mind like alot of people? Why? I tried to make friends with a girl at work and she hasn't t3xted back,...so its like I can't have anything )

Why does God just pick on some people?

Why is God so jealous he can't stand to see me genuinely happy..with or without him... I tried to get close but he does nothing...so its like I can't have anything... Not HIM, not friends, not a job...nothing...

What's the point? And I hear about my other f4lends and how well they're doing ..one is going to make 1000 a week.. And she's younger than me... ..

And I'm just like am I just here as Gods special punching bag? When he gets mad...its time to mess with me?

I'm over it....

I don't think I can love a god like this.
I'm so close to telling God go f**** yourself.,.

Bc I never did anything to Him except try to be close and I won't try anymore...I'm not ...I'm done.

I mean what's the point so I can reach out and God can be silent some more? I think I've learned my lesson.

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah I'm not him, I wasn't half the man(as I'm a woman) or Christian he was . There's nothing shinning inside of me... In just depressed and it shows... People can pick up on it though I try to be happy.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My friend snapping did it for me. Its like God never wants to see me happy, I've been lonely all my life...I'm just like if you can't find it in your heart to give me a friend to keep me company ...could you yourself at least talk to me.

I've asked for years to hear God speak to me or feel his presence...something! And I got nothing...

I try to do the right thing, with my aunt at her church...but I just got treated badly for it... Even when we moved out of the hotels my mom got in a freaking car accident...

And my only friend who I loved so much descended into madness, 3 years...gone just like that. ( Why let my friend descend into madness? Why couldn't he be blessed with a sound mind like alot of people? Why? I tried to make friends with a girl at work and she hasn't t3xted back,...so its like I can't have anything )

Why is God so jealous he can't stand to see me genuinely happy..with or without him... I tried to get close but he does nothing...so its like I can't have anything... Not HIM, not friends, not a job...nothing...

What's the point? And I hear about my other f4lends and how well they're doing ..one is going to make 1000 a week.. And she's younger than me... ..

And I'm just like am I just here as Gods special punching bag? When he gets mad...its time to mess with me?

I'm over it....

Bc I never did anything to Him except try to be close and I won't try anymore...I'm not ...I'm done.

I mean what's the point so I can reach out and God can be silent some more? I think I've learned my lesson.

Hi Far Side of the Moon. I am sorry you are suffering so much. Please know you are not alone in feeling the way you do. I feel like not being a Christians often at times as well. God does love you though. I just dont think he is all powerful. I feel he does not always have the power to help us or speak to us.

Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah I'm not him, I wasn't half the man(as I'm a woman) or Christian he was . There's nothing shinning inside of me... In just depressed and it shows... People can pick up on it though I try to be happy.
You do not have to be Job to learn from his struggles. You do not have to be Paul to relate to him. You do not have to be any person in the Bible to learn from them. The book of Job was not written to be read only by men who are like Job. Read the words of the book of Job and keep in mind the words of Elihu:

And Elihu continued, and said: "Bear with me a little, and I will show you, for I have yet something to say on God's behalf. I will get my knowledge from afar and ascribe righteousness to my Maker. For truly my words are not false; one who is perfect in knowledge is with you." (Job 36:1-4; ESV)​

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

I'm over it....

I think that's the crux of the situation.
You. Tried.
We accomplish nothing on our own.
Take a break and just be for awhile He will come He's closer than you think.
Trust.
Breathe.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My encouragement to you is to read the Bible and to meditate on it. When I am troubled I often read and pray the Psalms. God has spoken....he speaks every day through his word.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please don't leave God. He loves you so much, I have ocd, really bad thoughts involving my faith and I have felt like God is mad at me too. God loves you so much, he sent his own SON to die for you and he would do anything to be close to you. I don't know why we struggle but I believe we need to trust Jesus will take care of us. Jesus Christ loves you and remember it's Jesus Christ who saves us, not us saving ourselves. God is the best friend you could have, he is so good. Jesus is Lord and God bless I will pray for you and your situation.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that's the crux of the situation.
You. Tried.
We accomplish nothing on our own.
Take a break and just be for awhile He will come He's closer than you think.
Trust.
Breathe.
That's the thing I wasn't alone.. I was in church when I tried to serve god... But now I'm giving up...

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Moonshine you just smile girl.
I was aways so kind to the people at work
but the more they learned of my christain faith they hated me anway.
It got so bad one said, noone likes you.
Man, i thought, who is this no one , i finally have a friend i can go witness with.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You do not have to be Job to learn from his struggles. You do not have to be Paul to relate to him. You do not have to be any person in the Bible to learn from them. The book of Job was not written to be read only by men who are like Job. Read the words of the book of Job and keep in mind the words of Elihu:

And Elihu continued, and said: "Bear with me a little, and I will show you, for I have yet something to say on God's behalf. I will get my knowledge from afar and ascribe righteousness to my Maker. For truly my words are not false; one who is perfect in knowledge is with you." (Job 36:1-4; ESV)​
I just feel it doesn't apply to me because im,not close to God I can't really pray because I'm so mad at him..in not a holy person. That's what I'm trying to say.

All of 5his that's happening isn't a test of faith or because I'm a holy seeker of god...its just life plain and simple and I'm getting tired of it.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just feel it doesn't apply to me because im,not close to God I can't really pray because I'm so mad at him..in not a holy person. That's what I'm trying to say.
Just a quick thought, but IF you just focus on GOD , and forget all circumstances against you,
you will have peace. That i promise you.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just a quick thought, but IF you just focus on GOD , and forget all circumstances against you,
you will have peace. That i promise you.
I've tried that. I'm not trying to be difficult ..but I was in church before I was so loyal so faith that I caught a bus and train in the rain numerous times just to be treated like crap...so I know what you're saying I know it well.
Focusing on God just lead me to being taken advantage of, I prayed for years but got silence instead. I did deliverance ,went to revivals...I promise you...I've tried it. I have.

I just think I'm done because I've seen all there is to see except God himself(in my life)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Reading Luke 15 may do you some good. I would start with the parable of the lost coin:

Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.' Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents." (Luke 15:8-10; ESV)​

I mention this parable because you are currently a lost coin. You feel as if God has abandoned you and you have abandoned God. The reality is that God has not abandoned you. He is already working within you. When you felt the conviction of your faith in the past it was because He had taken out your heart of stone and replaced it with a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26). But I would urge you to press further in Luke 15 to the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32) and reflect on the significance it has in your life. How can you relate to the distant son in the parable?

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Have you read these verses before? You might want to this is very applicable in your situation! :)

Luke 6:20-26
Looking at his disciples, he said:

“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

24 “But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
25 Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Far Side of the Moon. I am sorry you are suffering so much. Please know you are not alone in feeling the way you do. I feel like not being a Christians often at times as well. God does love you though. I just dont think he is all powerful. I feel he does not always have the power to help us or speak to us.
I feel the same because I refuse to believe in a god that's all powerful and just watches people, get hurt and go crazy. Why make someone that can't enjoy a quality life who's mind will only deteriorate? Why?
I remember watching a lisaling episode about faith healing...and this man that was in a wheel chair( he had 2 accidents starting when he was 18 and it paralyzed him and he stays in a wheelchair) god told him he would heal him...but when they tried to heal him..they couldn't...and it was the saddest thing I saw. Why couldn't god heal him and make him walk like he promised him? Did he not have enough faith?

And it doesn't make me happy that it wasn't me, because no one knows what life holds it could be me... Down the line .... Its just like wow.

I just wonder how God decides in his mind to heal some and not others, do for some and not others...

Playing favorites is so wrong on so many levels I don't care if you're God or not.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reading Luke 15 may do you some good. I would start with the parable of the lost coin:

Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.' Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents." (Luke 15:8-10; ESV)​

I mention this parable because you are currently a lost coin. You feel as if God has abandoned you and you have abandoned God. The reality is that God has not abandoned you. He is already working within you. When you felt the conviction of your faith in the past it was because He had taken out your heart of stone and replaced it with a heart of flesh (Ezekial 36:26). But I would urge you to press further in Luke 15 to the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32) and reflect on the significance it has in your life. How can you relate to the distant son in the parable?
My issue is when I read and pray nothing happened. People talk about feeling God, experiencing Him and at some point there life gets better. I've always had nothing but silence. Why read or pray if. Its just one-sided.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you read these verses before? You might want to this is very applicable in your situation! :)

Luke 6:20-26
Looking at his disciples, he said:

“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

24 “But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
25 Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

22 is such an important verse... If you read it and underline, " Because of the son of man" if you experienced any of the above because a mess you got your own self into it doesn't apply.

Like I said, there's nothing shinning inside of me ...nothing...I'm not the best Christian... I rarely pray.

Idk, these are just life circumstances...imo
Some people are just dealt a bad card. Life happens.

Those verses apply to real Christians who love God..not me.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My issue is when I read and pray nothing happened. People talk about feeling God, experiencing Him and at some point there life gets better. I've always had nothing but silence. Why read or pray if. Its just one-sided.

I'm feeling pretty discouraged and despairing now. :( All I can say is don't give up. Every bit of faith you have hold on and fight fiercely for it.

Upvote 0