Senior Veteran
Sep 3, 2005
Alberta
✟14,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I was going to use the name "touched by an angel" because for a while I believed I was. That name was already taken so I went with "SavedByAnAngel" because I believe I was.

I was raised a Christian, attended church and led a Godly life. When I was 23 I left home to move out west and discover my fortune. What I did discover was tobacco, alcohol and women. But somehow I couldn't help feeling that something in my life was missing. I now refer to those years as my dark and lost years. Ten years later I met the love of my life and got married. I gave up the alcohol and other women. I was happy but there was still something missing, I thought. You think I would have figured it out by then. But then I only went to church at Christmas and Easter, most times. I never read the bible. Watched trash on TV and listened only to rock and roll. I only prayed when I needed Him, the rest of the time I forgot about Him.

...................In the summer of 2004 I met a young college girl. In two months this girl would change my life without even trying too, and she would never know either what she had done when she left. This girl was a second year bible college student and what I did not know also until she was gone, the daughter of a Baptist minister. She worked next door to where I did and through business circumstances I was able to vist with her nearly every day, but we only had time for a few minutes of conversation each time. It wasn't long after when I was at home one night that I noticed the family bible (we had one, just no one ever read it) was not in it's usual place on the book shelf collecting dust. I picked it up, but instead of putting it back on the bookshelf I opened it. I opened it to Genesis and started reading. I don't know why, I just did. The next night I opened the bible again, and continued reading. That nightly reading has continued every night since then to this day. It wasn't long either in talking to this girl that I realized this was no ordinary girl, there was something about her and yet never once all summer did she try to witness or preach to me. One day after talking with her, after I had left the building I started to hear church choir music in my head. The kind I used to hear thirty years ago when I did go to church. This went on for about 10 minutes and I thought nothing of it. The next day the same thing happened only this time I heard the choir music even longer. It finally dawned on me that this was happening after I had talked with her each time. Now I knew she was special. But I could never tell her what was happening. Thats all I hear all day long now. The rock and roll music I used to hear in my head has since been replaced with church choir music, and I love it. By the middle of August I had stopped watching any TV or listening to any radio and concentrated on reading and studying the bible just to feel worthy enough to talk to her even though we never discussed the bible. Maybe worthy isn't the right word. I don't know. It's just something I know I had and wanted to do. That too has continued to this day. I don't watch TV except for the news on occasion and I don't listen to the radio anymore either.

She left of course at the summers end to go back to college. The building where she worked was closed down a week later. I have never seen or talked to her since and don't imagine I ever will. I think if I did I would begin to cry. I know I will always remember her. After she left I started attending church every Sunday with my wife, come rain or shine. I continue to read the bible every night and I now carry a pocket size version of the New Testament with me all the time. When ever I have a spare moment, no matter where I am I simply take it out and read. But going to church and reading the bible wasn't enough. I wanted more, so I started attending Lutheran bible study classes in the evening. As this past summer approached they stopped. I knew I would miss them, so I went across the road to the Baptist bible study classes. I explained my situation and that I was not a member of their church. They welcomed me with open arms and said this was their last class before summer break and that I could stay and then come again in the fall. So I hope to be attending bible classes at both churches.

I talk to the Lord every day now. Not just when I need Him. I don't just tell him my problems I tell Him my joys too and I praise Him for He is a most awesome Lord. I don't know why all this is happening to me but I'm really glad it is. And oh, I joined this Christian Forum also haven't I. I'm just going where ever it takes me. Or I should say where ever He takes me. For I am His.

Reactions: LILIVIWA