Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
one falsification of the fallibility of scripture is all it would take. As to flood, it doesn't say global...as to the Exodus, I recently read an article that said that archaeology just uncovered ancient remains consistent with the story...infallible...and so on and so on.
Most of the time in Genesis the word "Earth" is a translation of "Adamah" meaning the land or area that Adam was from. We know this was between the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers in what is not believed to be an area under the Persian Gulf north of the Strait of Hormuz. I have friends that work in Dubai and they talk about how this is the area where civilization began. (UAE)

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did they minister in the Temple?
All they have to do is set up a tent. They could start the animal sacrifices on the temple mount on a very short notice. They are pretty well set up and ready to go.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All they have to do is set up a tent. They could start the animal sacrifices on the temple mount on a very short notice. They are pretty well set up and ready to go.
We're talking about the Captivity.

Coulter seems to think there were Hebrew priests writing the Scriptures during the Diaspora.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Where did they get the animals for their daily sacrifices?
The Jews were in captivity in Babylon for 70 years. It is said that they lived relatively well and even prospered. Some decided to stay. There are specific instructions in their scriptures (which they rewrote in Babylon) on how set up the tent of meeting and carryout the ritualistic cleansing. I'm sure they could figure it out.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Jews were in captivity in Babylon for 70 years. It is said that they lived relatively well and even prospered. Some decided to stay. There are specific instructions in their scriptures (which they rewrote in Babylon) on how set up the tent of meeting and carryout the ritualistic cleansing. I'm sure they could figure it out.
Sorry ... I find that difficult to believe.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Editing and redacting previous accounts. So do Jewish and Christian scholar's.
So let me see if I can come up with a proper comparison here, Coulter.

Let's say America is captured by Martians, and the elite are transported to Mars.

While on Mars, they re-write the Constitution.

Seventy years later, some of them come back to Earth, bringing that newly-redacted Constitution with them.

Are you saying that the Americans who were left behind (with the original Constitution) are going to subordinate the original to the Martian copy?

I don't think so, chief.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why believe something just because the Bible teaches it? And does it really?

If we Study the bible long enough we will plainly see that no man or group of many, many men could have ever dreamed up such a Very Complicated Book. Truthfully, what other book can a person read for 50 years and still learn more from each day ? Only God could have and did deliver this message to us.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we Study the bible long enough we will plainly see that no man or group of many, many men could have ever dreamed up such a Very Complicated Book. Truthfully, what other book can a person read for 50 years and still learn more from each day ? Only God could have and did deliver this message to us.
M-Bob
As my pastor has said many times: Man wasn't smart enough to write the Bible.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
M-Bob
The I-Ching?

Seriously, you sound like a severe case of confirmation bias.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One man was smart enough to write "Dianetics", and many are dumb enough to follow it. Go figure.
Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Who's your shepherd?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Who's your shepherd?
I keep sheep (this is true). I'm not one of them.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.