Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
...trying to understand the creationist mentality. I've been struggling with this for years. Is anyone prepared to give an honest, clear explanation as to why they believe in creationism?
Because the Bible teaches it.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
...trying to understand the creationist mentality. I've been struggling with this for years. Is anyone prepared to give an honest, clear explanation as to why they believe in creationism?

Sure.

What is your qualm?

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because the Bible teaches it.
This is an example of what I cannot understand. Why believe something just because the Bible teaches it? And does it really? Many believers interpret the Bible differently. What makes you so sure that your interpretation is correct anyway?

Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is an example of what I cannot understand. Why believe something just because the Bible teaches it? And does it really? Many believers interpret the Bible differently. What makes you so sure that your interpretation is correct anyway?
I believe anything taught in the Bible because it is the infallible and inerrant Word of God. It is God-breathed. It cannot be false. And yes, it really does teach creationism. [Staff edit].

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I believe anything taught in the Bible because it is the infallible and inerrant Word of God. It is God-breathed. It cannot be false. And yes, it really does teach creationism.
So you believe (your interpretation of) the Bible because you believe (your interpretation of) the Bible.

O... Kay...

Does anyone else want to try and explain why they believe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe in creationism because I believe God created mankind, the animals and nature.

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My friend, anybody who tells you that they know the literal objective truth of the scriptures is a liar, for it would be impossible for anybody but God or his son, to know the objective truth of the book

Why do you think nobody has OBJECTIVELY proven it " true " or " divine " in close to 2000 years ?

What needs to happen is that the religious should try to understand the difference between subjective and objective truth

Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
But essentially what you are saying - unless you want to correct me?
You asked why creationists accept creationism. I told you that I accept creationism because it is taught in the Bible. You asked if it really was taught in the Bible. I said yes. The reason I believe the Bible teaches creationism is because it is explicitly taught through the text of Scripture, starting with Genesis 1. The only way around these explicit teachings is to deny the historical understandings of the Jews and the church regarding these passages. As well, one must deny the plain language of the text.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Not a qualm. I'm trying to understand creationists. But it's difficult. It's such an alien mentality.

What, particularly, is alien?

I can assume where you are going, but I could be very wrong. Also, I am presenting myself with the caveat that my definition of "creationism" - even literally - still disagrees with colloquial creationism.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

It is called FAITH.
Simple and to the point.
Trying to work out why others have faith in something we don't frazzles our brains :( I don't envy your struggle friend! Hope you find some degree of solace here though with company.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You asked why creationists accept creationism. I told you that I accept creationism because it is taught in the Bible. You asked if it really was taught in the Bible. I said yes. The reason I believe the Bible teaches creationism is because it is explicitly taught through the text of Scripture, starting with Genesis 1. The only way around these explicit teachings is to deny the historical understandings of the Jews and the church regarding these passages. As well, one must deny the plain language of the text.
And I asked you why you believe the Bible.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is called FAITH.
Simple and to the point.
Trying to work out why others have faith in something we don't frazzles our brains :( I don't envy your struggle friend! Hope you find some degree of solace here though with company.
Using a word like 'faith' doesn't help explain anything. To me, it's just a noise.

Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
And I asked you why you believe the Bible.
I must have missed it. I believe the Bible because of the grace of God. Had God not given me grace then I would not believe in the Bible. No natural man, without the work of God, can come to belief in the Bible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.