Not open for further replies.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sorry ... I find that difficult to believe.
That doesn't mean it's not true, you just find it difficult. There are many Jewish resources on the net that discuss the captivity and it's pivotal role, a turning point in Judaism.

Just read this from Jewish Virtual Library: The Babylonian Exile

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because many of the events were true. Do you believe everything you read in the newspaper????
Good case in point. Newspapers are typically a mixture of facts, false news, opinion, fantasy and woo. Oh, and ads and propaganda.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
playing devil's advocate here....Scientists believe that the solar system was formed when a cloud of gas and dust in space was disturbed, maybe by the explosion of a nearby star (called a supernova). This explosion made waves in space which squeezed the cloud of gas and dust.

Why couldn't the "explosion" have been God? Gen. does talk about the hovering of the Spirit of God which many believe is like a vibration or "waves" that are talked about here.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
playing devil's advocate here....Scientists believe that the solar system was formed when a cloud of gas and dust in space was disturbed, maybe by the explosion of a nearby star (called a supernova). This explosion made waves in space which squeezed the cloud of gas and dust.

Why couldn't the "explosion" have been God? Gen. does talk about the hovering of the Spirit of God which many believe is like a vibration or "waves" that are talked about here.
Anything's possible, but in science, we need evidence.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anything's possible, but in science, we need evidence.
so what evidence is there that it was a supernova? Even you admitted it was a theory...point being, for someone to say it was God is no different than someone saying it was a supernova because neither are evidenced thus both are faith based.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are many Jewish resources on the net that discuss the captivity and it's pivotal role, a turning point in Judaism.
And if Jewish sources said they came back from a second diaspora in 1948 in fulfillment of Scripture, would you believe that also?

If not, okay with you if I pick and choose as well?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 4, 2015
✟7,902.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
so what evidence is there that it was a supernova? Even you admitted it was a theory...point being, for someone to say it was God is no different than someone saying it was a supernova because neither are evidenced thus both are faith based.
Supernovae have been observed.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only four. I keep them together with two donkeys just as mowers. :)
Okay ... just wondering.

Here's an excellent book:

9780310607045.gif

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And if Jewish sources said they came back from a second diaspora in 1948 in fulfillment of Scripture, would you believe that also?

If not, okay with you if I pick and choose as well?
Sure, they are still waiting for a Jewish Messiah that will never come. Christians are waiting for Jesus to return to do the things the Messiah was supposed to do the first time but will never do in the way humans speculate. The Kingdom is spiritual, the power is truth over error. Eventually the original gospel will once again be proclaimed which will eventually subdue the world.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Supernovae have been observed.
Myself and other believers will tell you that God has been observed, at least observed transforming lives...but neither has been observed creating the universe which is the point that is being made.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure, they are still waiting for a Jewish Messiah that will never come. Christians are waiting for Jesus to return to do the things the Messiah was supposed to do the first time but will never do in the way humans speculate. The Kingdom is spiritual, the power is truth over error. Eventually the original gospel will once again be proclaimed which will eventually subdue the world.
I've been trying to follow and am not sure where you stand on some things so let me ask a clarification question...it is not meant to be anything but for clarification...what do you think the 'original' gospel is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christians are waiting for Jesus to return to do the things the Messiah was supposed to do the first time ...
Is that what these elusive Hebrew priests in exile said? or is that Coulter speaking? or science?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Is that what these elusive Hebrew priests in exile said? or is that Coulter speaking? or science?
There were specific expectations for the Jewish Messiah within Judaism. Jesus was different, that's why the Jews reject him.

I provided several links concerning the plight of the Jews in the Babylonion exile which you disputed. Did you read the links? Because now you have moved on to something else.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I've been trying to follow and am not sure where you stand on some things so let me ask a clarification question...it is not meant to be anything but for clarification...what do you think the 'original' gospel is?
That salvation is by faith and the responsibility that comes with it. That ALL men and women of the earth are sons and daughters of the living God. The community of believers are the citizens of The Kingdom of Heaven.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Myself and other believers will tell you that God has been observed, at least observed transforming lives...but neither has been observed creating the universe which is the point that is being made.

Instead of attempting to insert God in place of a given physical mechanism, I prefer the view that God ultimately directs all such physical mechanisms. It's more elegant that way.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There were specific expectations for the Jewish Messiah within Judaism. Jesus was different, that's why the Jews reject him.
We've been through this before, and I'm not going to rehash it with you again, except to remind you that the Jews were expecting the Psalm 72 / Isaiah 11 conquering Messiah, and Jesus came to fulfill the Psalm 22 / Isaiah 53 suffering Messiah first; and He will fulfill the other when He comes back.
Colter said:
I provided several links concerning the plight of the Jews in the Babylonion exile which you disputed.
I'm familiar with the Jews in the Babylonian exile.

I am not familiar with Hebrew priests in the Babylonian exile, especially ones who re-wrote the Scriptures.
Colter said:
Did you read the links?
No.
Colter said:
Because now you have moved on to something else.
Then don't pull me in that direction.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.