Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I go online with these issues because I cannot tell speak with anyone I know about this, for answers and I hopefully to have prayer.

Other Christians may have experienced a similar situation and give me the Godly biblical way to view it and deal with it- not just the easy way out.

Only someone who has orhad similar problems can understand my life. I have received understanding and different ways of viewing what my husband tells me or the actions he exhibits instead of being all alone with only what he says as reference. I am all alone, no one knows except for Jesus and these forums.

I appreciate your thoughts on this. And you are right. Others opinions of your husband could be soured and that is very hard to overcome if you can work things out with him. You don't need to betray him to others unless you feel Jesus is leading you to go to your pastor or a counselor to help you guys work through this together.

I recommended trying "love dare" to see if you could affect him if you changed what you were doing over a month or longer. If your heart doesn't change and his heart doesn't change when you give back much more than he gives to you (through the "love dare" concept) then you have eliminated anything I know to help short of Christian counseling to help you both with the deep scars that each thinks the other inflicted on them. I would recommend Christian counseling outside your church, so that you can share everything and be comfortable that it won't be used against you guys in the future. Sadly, gossip channels are alive and well in many churches, which contain both the wheat and the tares.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Well said. He never calls me names in public but acts the adoring husband. When I have issues putting on the mask and keeping my smile, he gets upset. He doesn't want us to air our dirty laundry in front of people. He's very good at it. I am not yet 100 percent good at hiding my feelings at times.

There is actually an expression for that, itsahappyday : He's a 'street angel'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2018
Northeast
✟16,368.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Yet for example at church, when he prays you can feel the anointing

What do you mean by that? How do you really know he's being anointed? Church environment is prepared to touch our emotions and we can easily exaggerate what really happens there. Maybe he's just a good hypocrite speaker.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't put this in married couples because I am asking about how he can be blessed with so many special abilities, hearing from the Lord about things to come, Godly dreams and anointed when praying etc.... yet with me he often is not nice. There are times when he is nice don't get me wrong. But it all makes me feel as if I am not saved and that there's something wrong with me.

Unfortunately he doesn't believe in counselling. The idea of putting someone over him, authority over him. I don't think he has low self esteem. He's a high achiever. He once made a reference to geniuses, saying he's not a genius but not far off either
I had someone that was also gifted treat me wrong. And just know 1) God's gifts are irrevocable... So even though he's.still. Able to still use his gifts it may catch up to him eventually. Remember the scripture where they asked Jesus.. we performed miracles and casted out demons in your name... Hey told them he never knew them.

If you do. All of that and don't love people with God's love... They've done it in vain.

Reactions: Itsahappyday
Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless you but.. this is NOT the place to ask. 4 pages so far where SOME only heard one side of the story and some KNOW the person your husband really is.. blood of Jesus.

What God gives.. He does not take back. A preacher at a bar.. man has a heart attack falls on the floor.. preacher gets up lays hands on says IN JESUS NAME.. man is healed right there.. gets up goes back to the bar and keeps drinking. This is just one.. there are TONS more true stories like this.

This does not mean they are walking with lord and can be far from Him. Going to Church (praise GOD) does not make one more holy or more Christian or a believer.

I wont get into it but me and my mom had it much worse. The only thing that helped.. was Christ.. JESUS CHRIST. Prayer.. getting people to ALWAYS pray for and NOT against us or my dad. To see want love salvation.

So..its your house also. And God is for you and your husband. So me as with my wife.. is a FLIP of yours. She has been MUCH worse. One day He show'd me what love as in love your enemy really was. She was never my enemy.. at least I dont see it like that. Well one day when she was .. really going at me. It was as if time stopped.. I dont know how else to say it. But.. this wow LOVE came over me. And I had this thought ..if this is how she will be day and day out.. oh I will I wanted to love her so much as if she never got mad and treated me like a king. I wanted so much to love her while she was at her worst. Even if that was till we pass and go to be with HIM!

LOL I still remember saying right in the middle of the fight.. this.. THIS is what LOVE really is. I can be wrong here.. I dont believe I am.. but this kind of LOVE can only come from HIM. For as fast as it came it was gone. WOW I can still remember it as if it just happen. I believe when we truly want this HIS way.. He will be there.. and give what we can not. Its when we fully truly give up.. and let HIM. He will take over. He is the PERFECT gentleman. So we must fully truly mean.. help. To GIVE it all over to HIM. As long as WE try it our way.. He can not do anything. We already did. Someone wrongs you..do YOU judge take over then expect HIM to do what? You did it already.. so..give what ever it is to HIM..

My wife one day said she had a dream we were going up this MTN and I was pulling her up with me. Not that she didnt want to come but.. was helping.

Like some missionary friends said.. marriage is not always 50/50..its 75/25 and sometimes 100/0. It helps to talk to a pastor that wants to help BOTH. I would love back give back when my wife gives nothing. If she calls me names.. love back. I am not in this for just me. Love sees her 1st.. not me. I dont see mistakes (haha.. speaking FAITH THERE )1st. Your not alone.. you really truly need to know your NOT ALONE! And really truly give it to Him.. and ask others to pray for you and for him. And tell them just what you want them to pray. Getting people to pray is great but some can be praying wrong and it will just add confusion. Find what the word says and speak pray it. HAHA God cant lose.

Your His Daughter and your BOTH His kids. So.. kick out the enemy from YOUR HOUSE.. and speak love joy what ever let the holy spirit in YOUR House in JESUS NAME.... its ALL going to work out .. really..

I pray that I can love him more. I am having a hard time liking him. I wish I had God's love for him. Right now there are so many things that I do that gets on his nerves that I feel he doesn't like me or the way I am.

He makes comments about me everyday about how I come short, what I've done wrong and compares me to other people.

I used to be able to bounce back, especially in public but recently we went out with a group and I found myself easily chatting with those around me but could only answer his banter with short yes, no and when he made a joke could only half heartedly laugh.

I sometimes don't even want to try talking to him. Just say nothing is easier - he won't be upset with what I say or get upset if he thinks that I am not communicating clearly.

On his defense, I am super clumsy, highly distracted... even when he's talking to me I get distracted and don't pay attention. I don't know if it's stress related. Even driving today I caught myself going into my thoughts and not focusing on driving - then I had to pull my thoughts back to driving.

Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate your thoughts on this. And you are right. Others opinions of your husband could be soured and that is very hard to overcome if you can work things out with him. You don't need to betray him to others unless you feel Jesus is leading you to go to your pastor or a counselor to help you guys work through this together.

I recommended trying "love dare" to see if you could affect him if you changed what you were doing over a month or longer. If your heart doesn't change and his heart doesn't change when you give back much more than he gives to you (through the "love dare" concept) then you have eliminated anything I know to help short of Christian counseling to help you both with the deep scars that each thinks the other inflicted on them. I would recommend Christian counseling outside your church, so that you can share everything and be comfortable that it won't be used against you guys in the future. Sadly, gossip channels are alive and well in many churches, which contain both the wheat and the tares.

Yes, I am trying to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in this. I do believe God hates divorce and I do believe God can intervene. Though sometimes I ask the Lord if I did anything to deserve this treatment, like David when Shimei threw rocks at him.

Mt husband has already said he will not go for counselling and I am concerned he'll twist everything around to make it sound like I was also a problem from the beginning which is not true. 4 weeks after we were married I asked him why he couldn't treat me nice like others. I tried so many times to keep quiet and not respond back but after months and months I fail now too.

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please post your problem at marriagebuilders.com. It's a hosted by a Christian marriage counselor who has done a lot of research on how to successfully resolve even the worst marital conflicts. There is a team of trained volunteers who will walk you through the actions, step by step, that will give you the best opportunity to change your marriage pursuant to what has worked with 10,000's of couples over several decades of research. The advice provided is supervised by one of the most successful Christian marriage counselors in the US who is very pro-marriage.

Sometimes the perpetrator won't change. The marriagebuilders' processes will help you either change your marriage, or if your husband refuses to join you in a mutually caring relationship, come to a certain knowledge that there was nothing you could do to save your marriage. Either way, you're able to make decisions on what to do next and how to move forward.

You will destroy your health if you continue to linger in your current condition.

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when he prays you can feel the anointing and everybody LOVE the way he prays.

You should study the story of Clara Hinton. She was married to a pastor that was beloved and adored by his congregation. His gifts appeared to be sincere and genuine. Hundreds of people felt the same about him as you describe your husband.

They had 11 kids together. Yet, she was miserable and lonely for his companionship. In fact, she sounds just like your posts sound.

Her husband had picked her as his wife because he could "train" her to accept abuse and to be blind to a reality that was staring her in the face. He was a successful pastor and several decades into their marriage she learned he had been a pedophile all along.

Your husband may not be a pedophile, but read her blog to identify the way abusers groom their wives with gaslighting and by twisting their reality.

Generally, abuse is perpetrated for power and control. You will never persuade or convince an abuser to love you - they simply aren't interested. I'm concerned that you wrote about all of the ways he treats you without having a righteously indignant bearing about you. Instead, you seem gaslit into continuing to pursue his care and love.

http://www.findingahealingplace.com...-molesters-enabler-the-beginning-of-my-story/

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband, who supports me financially because he didn't want me to work after we were married, often calls me names, puts me down, physically rough at times.

Yet for example at church, when he prays you can feel the anointing and everybody LOVE the way he prays.

I thought his prayers were supposed to be hindered if he doesn't treat me right.

How can this be? I don't wish him evil but how can He go from calling me stupid idiot etc.... one day to anointed praying the next.

He doesn't want to pray with me because he doesn't like the way I pray, so we've rarely prayed. Maybe 10-15 times at home in the last 3- 4 years. I feel rejected. I thought married couples should pray together

Yes it seems odd. One of the fruits of the Spirit is gentleness, he should not be rough with you at all. What I would say is he has some growth to experience. A husband should be overlooking any faults he sees in a wife, and love her regardless. It is troubling that he is rough with you, as it shows that his love is lacking, and his mind may be on other women. As for his prayers think of Sampson, he did a lot of wrong stuff before the anointing finally left him. The anointing is not always indication of a persons right standing with God. I would also be upfront with him, and tell him you do not like the way you are being treated, that you deserve to be loved, and given full attention. If he improves all good and well. However if the situation becomes worse (God forbid), i.e. the physical abusive behaviour becomes violent. You may need to seek counselling, and consider separation, while that occurs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been very on edge these past few days and have not been able to overlook his picking on me or insults.

I bought the wrong type of Salmon in a can, it said pink but it turned out to look more white than the one I used in the past so yesterday when I opened them to use them he said you always manage to (the 4 letter f word) everything up. Because I bought the wrong salmon

Today he said the Lord warned him about my bad attitude, said to him that I had better change and 2 weeks ago he said the Lord gave him a dream showing me destroying things in the home.

I was so upset. Angry. I have been crying out to the Lord for years about his treatment of me and the Lord speaks to him.about me!!!! I said to him where is the Lord speaking to you about the way you speak to me. Why would the Lord do that? The only one I have to lean on is the Lord.

He's said things in the past like if he is disappointed in me then he's knows the Lord is also disappointed in me too because he knows how the Lord thinks

I do admit that now when angry I bang my hand on furniture or wall which I didn't do before so his dream is correct.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should study the story of Clara Hinton. She was married to a pastor that was beloved and adored by his congregation. His gifts appeared to be sincere and genuine. Hundreds of people felt the same about him as you describe your husband.

They had 11 kids together. Yet, she was miserable and lonely for his companionship. In fact, she sounds just like your posts sound.

Her husband had picked her as his wife because he could "train" her to accept abuse and to be blind to a reality that was staring her in the face. He was a successful pastor and several decades into their marriage she learned he had been a pedophile all along.

Your husband may not be a pedophile, but read her blog to identify the way abusers groom their wives with gaslighting and by twisting their reality.

Generally, abuse is perpetrated for power and control. You will never persuade or convince an abuser to love you - they simply aren't interested. I'm concerned that you wrote about all of the ways he treats you without having a righteously indignant bearing about you. Instead, you seem gaslit into continuing to pursue his care and love.

http://www.findingahealingplace.com...-molesters-enabler-the-beginning-of-my-story/

Thank you. I will take a look

• Prayers
Reactions: Endeavourer
Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today he said the Lord warned him about my bad attitude, said to him that I had better change and 2 weeks ago he said the Lord gave him a dream showing me destroying things in the home.

He's said things in the past like if he is disappointed in me then he's knows the Lord is also disappointed in me too because he knows how the Lord thinks.

My dear sister, this is not the voice of the Lord. He is making this up to control you. This is not love. It is self centered evil.

I was so upset. Angry. I have been crying out to the Lord for years about his treatment of me and the Lord speaks to him.about me!!!! I said to him where is the Lord speaking to you about the way you speak to me. Why would the Lord do that? The only one I have to lean on is the Lord.

Sometimes the Lord's help is by giving you more knowledge so you have to tools to address your situation. Please go to the forums on marriagebuilders.com and they will provide step by step help, for free. You do NOT have to accept this abuse in your own home. They will help you through the steps to set boundaries, which may even possibly require separating for a season if he doesn't respond to a nicer persuasion. You need to be gather up all of your strength to battle against his control of you. It won't be easy, but when you are done, whether he accepts your invitation for a mutually caring relationship and stops abusing you, or he does not so you have to stay separated, you will be SO glad for the peace and freedom of not having this abuse in your home.

I do admit that now when angry I bang my hand on furniture or wall which I didn't do before so his dream is correct.

As I mentioned in post #88, women lose their health if they are kept under situations like you describe for very long. What you describe here is alarming, in that it shows the grievous treatment you are receiving is starting to affect you, but not surprising. Please get free help from the volunteers at marriagebuilders.com before the damage to your health becomes irreversible.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I am trying to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in this. I do believe God hates divorce and I do believe God can intervene.

Dear sister, "God hates divorce" is a cute meme and catchphrase, but it is doctrinally incorrect.

Here is the Scripture. Please read it carefully and you will see that God hates the treachery against the wife that causes the divorce. He doesn't hate the divorce itself just for the sake of it being a divorce. He hates the treachery that caused it.

Malachi 2
14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.
15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
16 For the Lord, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the Lord of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

Here is a link with a more detailed explanation, comparing this verse among several common translations:

God hates divorce? Not always.

Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the hardest part is that because I am forgetful and not neat and organized and have no degrees and clumsy that it seems my fault.

He said yesterday that if I could just keep the house clean..... I am not the best housekeeper but I try and I am much bettter than I used to be. He knew before marrying me that this was an area that I was not strong. But sometimes I don't see the streaks on our brown quartz counters after I have wiped them in the evening light and then when he wakes up in the morning the sunlight shows everything up and he gets upset. He notices everything .

He said no one will believe me. There are people who have known him for years and they won't believe me.

Years ago someone at our church once told a few people including him that I was an angel of light. He said I will just be proving them right if I leave. He said if I leave I am a quitter and a coward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.... and have no degrees ... that it seems my fault.

Lots of people don't have a degree. These days some degrees are simply a certification that you were brainwashed into idealism for 4 years. This has NOTHING to do with your value, or the value of your contributions. Usage of this put down is simply a way to gaslight you into allowing him to control you.

But sometimes I don't see the streaks on our brown quartz counters after I have wiped them in the evening light and then when he wakes up in the morning the sunlight shows everything up and he gets upset.

This is an abusive tactic of control. If he wants the counters a certain way, let him wipe them the way he wants. He has no right to get upset. He is exercising an evil form of control over you.

He said no one will believe me. There are people who have known him for years and they won't believe me.

He is gaslighting you by convincing you that your testimony will not be received by others. He doesn't want you to talk or that would damage his pedestal and upset the control he exercises over you.

Years ago someone at our church once told a few people including him that I was an angel of light.

Whether this was actually said I doubt in light of his abusive coercion of you in all other areas. If it was said, it was by ignorant people.

Because you are buying his authoritarian abuse, I'm getting the impression that the church has quite a hold over you, and that it may be teaching doctrines on marital roles that are extra-Biblical (even though they really sound Biblical). Christ desires mercy, not sacrifice. If the doctrines are demanding a sacrificial submission to your husband even at the price of accepting abuse, as Biblical as they make it sound, they are missing a lot of Scripture's counsel and are in grievous error.

He said I will just be proving them right if I leave. He said if I leave I am a quitter and a coward.

This is coercive control. He is signalling that he's afraid of you seeking help.

In churches that preach women are to sacrificially submit to their "head"/husband, often women encounter severe spiritual abuse when going for help, based on a sad twisting of Scripture. If you are told that you can't tell them about your husband because it's gossiping or if you are told you need to submit better, then please recognize your church is in grave error and will not help you. None of that is Biblical, although those types of churches wrap it in some Biblical sounding language. Some churches are not safe for abused women. Please go to marriagebuilders.com and they will give you safe, Biblical help.

Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of people don't have a degree. These days some degrees are simply a certification that you were brainwashed into idealism for 4 years. This has NOTHING to do with your value, or the value of your contributions. Usage of this put down is simply a way to gaslight you into allowing him to control you.

This is an abusive tactic of control. If he wants the counters a certain way, let him wipe them the way he wants. He has no right to get upset. He is exercising an evil form of control over you.

He is gaslighting you by convincing you that your testimony will not be received by others. He doesn't want you to talk or that would damage his pedestal and upset the control he exercises over you.

Whether this was actually said I doubt in light of his abusive coercion of you in all other areas. If it was said, it was by ignorant people.

Because you are buying his authoritarian abuse, I'm getting the impression that the church has quite a hold over you, and that it may be teaching doctrines on marital roles that are extra-Biblical (even though they really sound Biblical). Christ desires mercy, not sacrifice. If the doctrines are demanding a sacrificial submission to your husband even at the price of accepting abuse, as Biblical as they make it sound, they are missing a lot of Scripture's counsel and are in grievous error.

This is coercive control. He is signalling that he's afraid of you seeking help.

In churches that preach women are to sacrificially submit to their "head"/husband, often women encounter severe spiritual abuse when going for help, based on a sad twisting of Scripture. If you are told that you can't tell them about your husband because it's gossiping or if you are told you need to submit better, then please recognize your church is in grave error and will not help you. None of that is Biblical, although those types of churches wrap it in some Biblical sounding language. Some churches are not safe for abused women. Please go to marriagebuilders.com and they will give you safe, Biblical help.

Thank you for listening and sharing your opinion.

The comment angel of light was said also to my face by this person and whenever we argue he says well I guess they were right about you.

I was so discouraged and angry thinking the Lord is speaking to him about me.

Please pray that I will hear from the Lord about how He feels about me. That I will hear from the Lord clearly.

Upvote 0
Oct 31, 2018
Rotherham
✟8,471.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My husband, who supports me financially because he didn't want me to work after we were married, often calls me names, puts me down, physically rough at times.

Yet for example at church, when he prays you can feel the anointing and everybody LOVE the way he prays.

I thought his prayers were supposed to be hindered if he doesn't treat me right.

How can this be? I don't wish him evil but how can He go from calling me stupid idiot etc.... one day to anointed praying the next.

He doesn't want to pray with me because he doesn't like the way I pray, so we've rarely prayed. Maybe 10-15 times at home in the last 3- 4 years. I feel rejected. I thought married couples should pray together
He doesn't sound like a particularly nice guy, and not that good of a Christian, either.. Some people are just not nice. Unfortunately for you, you married one of them..

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I pray that I can love him more. I am having a hard time liking him. I wish I had God's love for him. Right now there are so many things that I do that gets on his nerves that I feel he doesn't like me or the way I am.

He makes comments about me everyday about how I come short, what I've done wrong and compares me to other people.

I used to be able to bounce back, especially in public but recently we went out with a group and I found myself easily chatting with those around me but could only answer his banter with short yes, no and when he made a joke could only half heartedly laugh.

I sometimes don't even want to try talking to him. Just say nothing is easier - he won't be upset with what I say or get upset if he thinks that I am not communicating clearly.

On his defense, I am super clumsy, highly distracted... even when he's talking to me I get distracted and don't pay attention. I don't know if it's stress related. Even driving today I caught myself going into my thoughts and not focusing on driving - then I had to pull my thoughts back to driving.

Yes. It is stress-related, and you need to stop even considering the possibility that you are even partly at fault. Maybe you should consider giving him a hard whack, when he's sitting peacefully in his armchair or trussed up in bed ! Women have left it so late they ended up killing their husband when he was drunk and flaked out.

My sister's mother-in-law, dear, sweet Lillian of precious memory, was an absolute angel, and she put up with her scapegrace husband for many years. One day, however, she completely 'lost it', and thumped him with her fist, good and proper around the head, while he was sitting in his armchair. He was always as good as gold after that. I don't want to be blasphemous, but God sometimes works in mysterious ways !

Sometimes people will push, push, push you, as if to find out if there is a limit to your tolerance. And it's as if they find it reassuring when you set them straight, as if they need you to set them boundaries. Sometimes it would only need the victim to bawl their persecutor out at the top of their voice. Preferably, in the presence of a large company, such as most of the congregation, outside the church door, I would say, in your case.

In the army, I once bawled out a big lout outside the Battery Office, and when I went downstairs, the lads were in hysterics, and more so when I told them who it was I was bawling out, as he was very unpopular. And he actually cringed at the time.

It was pretty funny, I suppose, but I never did get the hang of army discipline, so I liked to keep the other lads amused. Putting up a horse-race tip on the battery notice board, for example: 'Perspective 1 pt e.w.' was the chosen selection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0