USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deity and god mean the exact same thing and are equally as informal. If you want to address your particular god of worship in a formal way, you have to call it "The Lord my God" or "my Lord" or "the Lord". You could also go with Yahweh. That is, for the Christian god. Capitalizing an improper noun doesn't make it a proper noun.
Deity and FATHER don't
I don't need your help on how to call upon MY FATHER

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALL CAPS DOES NOT MAKE A CLAIM CORRECT. EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE:oldthumbsup:
I will use caps the way I am using them. There is a reason for why I use them and I don't feel the need to have to keep repeating myself that when I speak of GOD and the things of GOD I will use caps

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Right now your use of all caps is yelling

Show me one of my posts where I (so you think) am yelling
You don't appear to get sarcasm. Did you not notice the use of a smiley?

All caps is thought to be rude and shouty. Yes, I made a meta-post that was all caps, but the smiley should have made you realize that I was only doing it to make a point. If you say "God" people will still know who you are talking about.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't appear to get sarcasm. Did you not notice the use of a smiley?

All caps is thought to be rude and shouty. Yes, I made a meta-post that was all caps, but the smiley should have made you realize that I was only doing it to make a point. If you say "God" people will still know who you are talking about.
I told you I don't get sarcasm

Sorry

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALL CAPS DOES NOT MAKE A CLAIM CORRECT. EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE:oldthumbsup:
I'm sorry

I guess I was already touchy from the poster pointing out the caps
And I saw the caps and I missed the last sentence and the smiley

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I will use caps the way I am using them. There is a reason for why I use them and I don't feel the need to have to keep repeating myself that when I speak of GOD and the things of GOD I will use caps
But I don't don't think anyone cares but you, and it comes off as childish.

• Agree
Reactions: VirOptimus
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry

I guess I was already touchy from the poster pointing out the caps
And I saw the caps and I missed the last sentence and the smiley
No problem. I never hold a grudge, And thank you for apologizing. You are far better than most.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I don't don't think anyone cares but you, and it comes off as childish.
If no one cared, no one would have said anything to bring it up

I shouldn't have to defend myself in the way I am writing
Over and over and over and over again

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If no one cared, no one would have said anything to bring it up

I shouldn't have to defend myself in the way I am writing
Over and over and over and over again

The only one responsible for your writing is you, if many people object then maybe you should start thinking that your communication skills are lacking,

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No problem. I never hold a grudge, And thank you for apologizing. You are far better than most.
Im really not
I'm just as stubborn and easily offended as anyone

I just don't like when people resort to personal digs and assumptions and opinions to try to shed a bad light

It would have been better to ask why do you cap rather than insinuate something dishonest about why I cap

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only one responsible for your writing is you, if many people object then maybe you should start thinking that your communication skills are lacking,
I said I'll try but I can't promise
Don't you think it's easier to just type lower case than going back and forth to caps

I'm telling you, when I write my fingers are flying and I'm not even thinking but writing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
You continually refute yourself. There is no need for me to refute you. When you can't support your claims there is nothing to refute.

Why do you have such a difficult time understanding this?

I support my view with actual evidence instead of claiming to be the guru of evidence on this Earth. It's because God gave me better sense than to believe someone who claims to be godless? All you have is criticism. Are you Republican?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Such as your error of claiming that civilization appeared suddenly on the Earth when we can show that all aspects of it arose at different times.

Finally, you post something specific. See? That didn't hurt a bit. I have NEVER claimed what you falsely posted. The sons of God (prehistoric people) had an animal civilization of living in holes and caves and chasing small animals for some 6 Million years after they diverged from Chimps.

Some 11k years ago, according to secular History, Human farming SUDDENLY appeared, then city building and every other Trait of MODERN Humans came forth from Mesopotamia, the land between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. That's WHY the area is known as the Cradle of Human Civilization on this Earth. I have posted a map of the Fertile Crescent and YOU could NOT explain the coincidence of Human civilization beginning EXACTLY where God told us the Ark arrived. Where is YOUR evidence? You have none and it's like pulling teeth to get you to be specific so that I can refute your misunderstandings. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I support my view with actual evidence instead of claiming to be the guru of evidence on this Earth. It's because God gave me better sense than to believe someone who claims to be godless? All you have is criticism. Are you Republican?

Wrong, you don't know what is and what is not evidence.

I would gladly discuss that topic with you so that you do not keep making the same mistake.

And you should not make false claims about others. I have refuted your nonsense countless times. Now I just point out that I already did do. But if you learn what is and what is not evidence we can do it all over again. You might understand your errors if you did this.

Are you up to it?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then tell us your understanding of the verses. I promise not to laugh. I will try to understand your logic but I can't promise. God Bless you
Not so. He put water into a container/firmament and dry ground appeared on top of the water showing that Adam's Earth was flat. The water was BELOW the container AND above it showing that it was truly in the "midst" or middle of water, like a submarine. Here's the real story:

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Adam's entire Earth was contained in a firmament in the middle of water. This reveals that it is totally self-sufficient and transportable to anywhere within the 3rd Heaven. When you have water above and below you, you are surrounded by water. That's the way water works. I know since my house has running water. God Bless you

I'm going to take GOD's WORD as it is

And understanding that HE isn't a respector if persons, I am not going to imply somehow that HE is

However, where did GOD remove "Adam" to once he sinned since you imply that HE made two sets of people

And what distinguishes one soecies of man from another species of man?

Is it GOD who created two men and divided them?

Or is it you?
You want me to explain the firmament and Adams placement upon the earth and why GOD isn't a respector of persons based on Genesis 1:6?

Because GOD's first work at creation was declared good

HE didn't create Adam as an afterthought and hide him away in a hidden enclosed world which you have identified as the firmament which was simply a separating line which divided the waters above from the waters below

Upvote 0