USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you will understand that your personal experiences and conviction are irrelevant in debates and are convincing to no one aside from yourself. People come here all the time claiming to have spiritual experiences for which they can provide absolutely no evidence. I personally will never put stock in anything that could so easily just be a lie or a figment of the imagination.
Then you'll understand that to me it is necessary to open my mouth regardless of whether a man believes or not

If even one were to believe and to seek to know HIM for themselves

That's one saved and to rejoice over

PsychoSarah

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you will understand that your personal experiences and conviction are irrelevant in debates and are convincing to no one aside from yourself. People come here all the time claiming to have spiritual experiences for which they can provide absolutely no evidence. I personally will never put stock in anything that could so easily just be a lie or a figment of the imagination.
and that's okay.

I can't make anyone believe
That's HIS WORK

Mine is just to open my mouth and declare THE TRUTH

HE knows who will hear and believe

And that is sufficient

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
and that's okay.

I can't make anyone believe
That's HIS WORK

Mine is just to open my mouth and declare THE TRUTH
-_- if you know that what you are doing will convince no one, what exactly is the point of wasting your time "declaring the truth"?

Furthermore, if it is the deity's job to convert people, why is that people never exposed to Christianity via other humans NEVER become Christians?

HE knows who will hear and believe

And that is sufficient
-_- then why has this deity consistently ignored me despite repeated prayers begging for belief or a response from it for 9 years? Yes, since the summer of the year I turned 13. If you think I wouldn't accept a direct conversation with a deity as good enough evidence for its existence for me to believe, you couldn't be more wrong.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2 is going to be a problem for many who do not know His VOICE from the liar
I assume you are referring to this part in particular?

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)

• Agree
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-_- if you know that what you are doing will convince no one, what exactly is the point of wasting your time "declaring the truth"?

Furthermore, if it is the deity's job to convert people, why is that people never exposed to Christianity via other humans NEVER become Christians?

-_- then why has this deity consistently ignored me despite repeated prayers begging for belief or a response from it for 9 years? Yes, since the summer of the year I turned 13. If you think I wouldn't accept a direct conversation with a deity as good enough evidence for its existence for me to believe, you couldn't be more wrong.
I don't like deity

It is too informal

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I assume you are referring to this part in particular?

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)
Yes that's what I was referring to

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hearing a voice is something that happens to many devout people. And since they all hear different things there is no real way to know whether or not you heard God.

If they weren't cultists doing their own thing (and of course, there is a better than average chance they would be), they would need a third party, in the form of the Church, to agree that what they had "heard" was consistent with biblical revelation.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
You simply mean your weak attempt to abuse science when you agree with the findings of scientists.

No one is convinced by your errors.

Then use your vast array of "evidence" and actually refute me if you think you can. I think that you would have done that long ago if you could. Your "evidence" is lacking. God Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The HOLY SPIRIT speaks TRUTH and does not need for a man to correct TRUTH

Or suggest that he knows better than GOD what GOD said and meant by HIS SPIRIT

If there is an issue

It's in the man's understanding

Not GOD's

No one who believes the creation account has an issue understanding that GOD was OVER the face of the deep

And if there were any confusion, the WORD would have initially said, in the beginning GOD created the deep.
But HE didn't
HE just was amidst the background of the deep

The WORD of GOD begins:

In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth and the SPIRIT of GOD was over the waters

The waters of the substance from which HE would bring forth what is distinguished to man's eyes as the heavens/sky and the earth/ground/land from those same "waters"/"substance"

Your problem is that you are too busy trying to sound "religious" instead of posting chapter and verse to support your religious theories. I'm beginning to suspect that you are on the other side trying to make Christians sound silly. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I'm going to take GOD's WORD as it is

And understanding that HE isn't a respector if persons, I am not going to imply somehow that HE is

Then tell us your understanding of the verses. I promise not to laugh. I will try to understand your logic but I can't promise. God Bless you

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Adam's firmament was a solid object beaten out like metal. The Hebrew meaning is:

Aha, so the firmament is an upturned dome, which astronauts ought to collede with. And that after other creationists had told me it wasn't. Tut, tut.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
However, where did GOD remove "Adam" to once he sinned since you imply that HE made two sets of people

No. God (Trinity) made "every living creature that moveth" from Water. Gen 1:21
Lord God (YHWH/Jesus) made Humans. (descendants of Adam) Gen 2:7

Adam was removed from the Garden to another area on Adam's Earth where Adam and Eve's daughters married the sons of God (prehistoric people) and had children with them.

Gen 6:4 There were (intellectual) giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God (prehistoric man) came in unto the daughters of men, (Adam) and they bare children to them, (both Adam and Eve) the same (children) became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Notice that the verse says and also after that. Could that be what also happened after that on Planet Earth? Of course it could and did. That is WHY you have the blood of prehistoric people inside you. You inherited it from the common ancestor of Apes. Are you ashamed of your sons of God ancestors?

***And what distinguishes one soecies of man from another species of man?

God the Trinity made Their kind and Jesus made His kind. Mix them together and you have the formula for producing the 7.4 Billion Hybrid living Humans. Hybrid Humans are the descendants of Adam with the genetics of prehistoric people inside them. There is only one way to get this combination to produce children with each other and it's NOT through the magic of godless evolution, no matter what Evols preach.

*** Is it GOD who created two men and divided them?

Yes. God the Son created Humans Gen 2:7 and God the Trinity also created some. Gen 1:27 and John 14:16 He didn't divide them but made them to match so they could produce children.

*** Or is it you?

Perhaps you didn't notice that all I claim is that I am but a man, a mortal man, a sinful man, who is saved thanks to Jesus. I read and study God's Holy Word and I post what I believe online and invite ANYone to refute me or prove me wrong either Scripturally scientifically or historically. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
And salvation to any man, by the way, is not based on intelligence

Amen, but in the last days God will pour out His Spirit upon all knowing scientists who are super intelligent and demand proof which God will give through the discoveries of Science.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh:

God's brilliance is shown above for He is currently pouring out His Holy Spirit (The Spirit of Truth) upon ALL flesh, even the godless ones. Can you tell us a better way to accomplish this? Waiting.......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Aha, so the firmament is an upturned dome, which astronauts ought to collede with. And that after other creationists had told me it wasn't. Tut, tut.

No, the description is more like a submarine since it was placed in the midst of water with water above and below it. Gen 1:6-8 God Bless you

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your problem is that you are too busy trying to sound "religious" instead of posting chapter and verse to support your religious theories. I'm beginning to suspect that you are on the other side trying to make Christians sound silly. God Bless you
Is that what you suspect?

That's okay with me since you're not THE HEAD

I would have thought that those who claim to know CHRIST would know HIS WORD
That it would be in them

So that when they speak with another Christian GOD's WORD automatically comes to mind and the scriptures are brought to their mind so that they know what the other is saying is scriptural

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Then use your vast array of "evidence" and actually refute me if you think you can. I think that you would have done that long ago if you could. Your "evidence" is lacking. God Bless you

You continually refute yourself. There is no need for me to refute you. When you can't support your claims there is nothing to refute.

Why do you have such a difficult time understanding this?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What error? Unless you can point to one, you are guilty of a false accusation...again. God Bless you

I have. Employing the Ostrich Defense does not mean that your errors were not there, nor that you were not told about them.

And your logic is flawed. Even if I could not point to an error, that does not mean that I am guilty of false accusation if your errors exist. But I have pointed them out to you. Others have pointed them out to you. You blithely ignore your errors and keep repeating them.

Such as your error of claiming that civilization appeared suddenly on the Earth when we can show that all aspects of it arose at different times. All you have to counter that is wild hand waving and assertion.

So there you go, not only did I explain your error to you I gave you a specific error that you keep repeating.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't like deity

It is too informal
Deity and god mean the exact same thing and are equally as informal. If you want to address your particular god of worship in a formal way, you have to call it "The Lord my God" or "my Lord" or "the Lord". You could also go with Yahweh. That is, for the Christian god. Capitalizing an improper noun doesn't make it a proper noun.

Upvote 0