Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Haha, am I the only one who doesn't really like getting older? Sure, the passing of time means that we're closer to seeing Jesus with our own eyes, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about ageing.

I don't think I'm getting any wiser either, I feel just as stupid as I was back in my twenties.

Reactions: look4hope
Upvote 0

Tigerfan01

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
✟16,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are days I dislike the fact of turning a year older, and there are days that it doesn't bother me one bit.
:doh:

True. The number keeps going up, but I don't really feel that age. Haha
The years seem to be shorter in your 30's though.

Reactions: look4hope
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm in the last 6 months of being in my 30s. I will be 40 in October.

My 30s have been a wild ride. I didn't have strength or self respect until after I hit 30. Suddenly I had a back bone and a heck of a lot of people to use it against. My 30s have brought me a divorce, isolation from extreme dysfunctional and abusive family, furtherance of my college education, relocation to a new state, a new field of employment, a son who is almost grown, and a middle schooler who is stalling on hitting puberty (I'm not complaining).

It has also brought me the most respectful, consistent, and loving relationship with a human that I have ever had. I'm in an almost 8 year long, long distance, relationship with the love of my life. Once things get settled with my sons' lives and my boys are more grown up, God willing, I'm pulling stakes and spending the rest of my life in his arms.

All in all, this is the best time of my life so far.

BTW, you know how people have a bucket list? I have an empty nest list. ;) It is the things I want to do after my boys are independent and living their own lives.

Upvote 0

Kayeliz

Oct 5, 2012
✟16,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm 31 and the onne thing that has shocked me is the deterioration of my health. I have cardiac arrythmia and have to take beta blockers. My grandfather already had that in his 20s, but still, I would have preferred to be a bit older when that happens.
Other than that, I'm only now getting married and of course there are no chidren, so sometimes it feels like I'm a little late with things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soma Seer

Sep 19, 2015
✟8,555.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm in the last 6 months of being in my 30s. I will be 40 in October.

I have you "beat;" I hit 40 in mid-May. I still haven't decided exactly how I feel about that fact. Turning 30--and telling others, "I'm 30,"--was hard enough.

My 30s have been a wild ride. I didn't have strength or self respect until after I hit 30....

It has also brought me the most respectful, consistent, and loving relationship with a human that I have ever had.... Once...my boys are more grown up, God willing, I'm pulling stakes and spending the rest of my life in his arms.

All in all, this is the best time of my life so far.

Congratulations on all the wonderful changes in your life during this, your third, decade. Our 30's really do seem to be a time of immense growth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am 31 and still enjoy riding BMX bikes. Some times I feel silly though, riding around on a kids bike. Used to dirt jump when I was a teenager, these days I ride down local dirt trails instead. Probably time for me to get a mountain bike.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am 31 and still enjoy riding BMX bikes. Some times I feel silly though, riding around on a kids bike. Used to dirt jump when I was a teenager, these days I ride down local dirt trails instead. Probably time for me to get a mountain bike.

I also use BMX bike but to run errands. There's a two feet barrier I had to get across everytime and a BMX bike is much lighter than a mountain bike, easier to carry across. It is also a lot less likely to be stolen! :)

I feel terrible atm in my 30's. Not for anything else but I recently quit my job due to an abusive employer and I'm finding it difficult to re-employ at my age. I'm facing discrimination due to my age. My only chance is to not include my age, and not tell my age for as long as possible. Otherwise, I could easily pass as a college dude! :)

Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also use BMX bike but to run errands. There's a two feet barrier I had to get across everytime and a BMX bike is much lighter than a mountain bike, easier to carry across. It is also a lot less likely to be stolen! :)

I feel terrible atm in my 30's. Not for anything else but I recently quit my job due to an abusive employer and I'm finding it difficult to re-employ at my age. I'm facing discrimination due to my age. My only chance is to not include my age, and not tell my age for as long as possible. Otherwise, I could easily pass as a college dude! :)

I built up a custom BMX, back when I had some money to work with. I am actually quite concerned about bike theft, I even lock it up in my garage to keep it safe. Mostly ride for fun, and exercise.

I don't have a job right now, so won't be purchasing an expensive mountain bike any time soon.

Sorry that you had to quit your job.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I built up a custom BMX, back when I had some money to work with. I am actually quite concerned about bike theft, I even lock it up in my garage to keep it safe. Mostly ride for fun, and exercise.

I don't have a job right now, so won't be purchasing an expensive mountain bike any time soon.

Sorry that you had to quit your job.

I used to have a mountain bike but it was taken from me by three men. I didn't want any trouble so I just gave it to them. I had a neighbor whose mountain bike was also stolen by the same group.

Then I built a cheap BMX bike. It's been with me for more than 10 years! Rusty and all, I even leave it outside the store unlocked when I buy stuff and nobody bothers to steal it! :D

Best of luck to us finding jobs!

Reactions: elytron
Upvote 0