orchid1986

Nov 28, 2016
Missouri
✟8,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I'm 34, just got fired from my job about three weeks ago and really have no idea what I'm going to do moving forward. I worked as an exterminator for almost 2 years and was a security guard before that. I have a college degree, but I lost interest in the degree major and didn't get a job in that field. I don't really have a career at this point in my life. I'm praying for guidance from the lord. Most of the jobs I see are sales and customer service, but I don't think I'd be good for either of those. Anyway, happy thanksgiving. That's my situation.
Have you thought about volunteering in places so you could get exposed to different lines of work? How about substitute teaching? I pray that God gives you a desire and favor for a new job/trade in Jesus 'name! blessings

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am going to be 33 in this June, lots of dreams and expectation. I try to not remember how old I am, but occasionally some events or filling the forms remind me that. it just hit me I only have 2third of my life left if I can live 90years old , it kinda bring the motive to live a good life the rest of the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sunnynyc

Mar 2, 2017
Flushing, NY
✟8,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
34 and dealing with some stuff right now that will make my life better. Trying not to let the regrets rule my life.

Hey I noticed you're seeking a church and we're around the same age. In the meantime, I recommend reading the Holy Bible for yourself. Recommended reading: OFFICIAL KING JAMES BIBLE ONLINE: AUTHORIZED KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) and Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Read the book of Genesis to see how the serpent deceives Eve. Read the book of Revelation for a special blessing. Read Proverbs for God's wisdom. Read Psalms to praise the Lord and God almighty(it also helps calm you down sometimes). Read the gospel of John for the good news. And meditate on God's words daily to receive the Lord's blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunnynyc

Mar 2, 2017
Flushing, NY
✟8,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
kind of dull lol. I'm currently looking for a job. and about to go back to bible school.
-Katy

Hi Katy,

Rather than bible school, i recommend meditating on God's word daily. The Lord will reveal all in due time.

See this proverbs verse.
PROVERBS 1:23 KJV "Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you."

See also this verse in peter about false teachers.
2 PETER CHAPTER 2 KJV

Read Genesis to see how the serpent deceives Eve. Read the book of Revelation for a special blessing. Read the gospel of John for the good news. Read Proverbs for God's wisdom. Read Psalms to praise the Lord and God almighty. and Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

sunnynyc

Mar 2, 2017
Flushing, NY
✟8,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I still feel like a teenager. i can sometimes act like one, i know i look like one and i just sometimes feel like one. I can easily relate to teenagers (usually). I always get carded at bars or liquor stores. It's kinda funny. A friend of mine who is 5 yrs younger then me and a buddy of his who is 12 yrs younger then me, neither of them get carded, but, I do. It's funny and I like it.

Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel and be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Read the preserved word of the living God at OFFICIAL KING JAMES BIBLE ONLINE: AUTHORIZED KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) . Read Genesis to see how the serpent deceives Eve. Read Revelation for a special blessing. Read Proverbs for God's wisdom. Read Psalms to praise the Lord and God almighty. Read Proverbs for God's wisdom. Read the gospel of John for the good news. and Meditate on God's words daily to receive the lord's blessings. Also do the Lord's prayer to have God deliver you from evil and temptations.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I will enroll in theological seminary in August...in the hopes of becoming a Christian pastor and licensed counselor/therapist.

I think that I should have majored in Social Work during my university undergraduate years and during graduate school.

I think that I should have become a Social Worker.

Upvote 0

writewords

Meant for ministry. Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I will enroll in theological seminary in August...in the hopes of becoming a Christian pastor and licensed counselor/therapist.

I think that I should have majored in Social Work during my university undergraduate years and during graduate school.

I think that I should have become a Social Worker.

Where are you going to seminary?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Where are you going to seminary?

I will study at Azusa Pacific Seminary (Azusa Pacific University) in southern California

Historically, Azusa Pacific University has a Methodist/Holiness/Wesleyan theological background

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will study at Azusa Pacific Seminary (Azusa Pacific University) in southern California

Historically, Azusa Pacific University has a Methodist/Holiness/Wesleyan theological background
I looked into Azusa a few years back when I was taking some classes online, ended up going with Lee University in Tennessee...didn't stick with it though, wish I had.

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I looked into Azusa a few years back when I was taking some classes online, ended up going with Lee University in Tennessee...didn't stick with it though, wish I had.

Big Drew, I think Azusa has pretty solid online degree programs...but that's just my opinion :)

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
They definitely do. It came down to affordability for me. Lee was much more budget friendly.

I think you made a wise decision. Azusa is not cheap...I will have to rely on federal student loans in order to attend Azusa

Upvote 0