Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I reach the age everyone is trying to ask me about my marital status .by everyone I actually mean parents, friends and families. I am self rejoice and sufficient to be single but when it is exposed to people I feel ultimately embarrassed. I feel ashamed .

I think I need a fair amount of self analysis. I love ❤️ God , so he is my top boyfriend. But I do need a second copy on earth. To be intimate, to enjoy life, to partner together, to love people or do charity together. I like to help people with severe mental or physical diseases by using scriptures , or materials things . He need to be a firm believer of anti-premarital sex. But I don't know how to find him, i send these words as signals to hope he is going to receive them with his antenna. I don't go to bars, I excises outdoor so I don't go to public places. My close friends from college went on with their lives with kids and husbands, I don't have close friend afterward.

Any advice?
This is so great! The thing is, rather than asking us, you should just trust God that He knows you inside and out. He will find an amazing guy for you and put him in your life. Waiting can be frustrating, but it will be so worth it in the end :)

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be involved in things you are interested in: get out there and meet people, all kinds of people. Because, if you don't meet a guy you might meet his mom, aunt, brother, sister, etc.... and they will be thinking this girl is great I need to set her up with my equally great relative or friend. Let people that you know and trust know that you are open to dating and relationships. Pray for guidance and give people a chance. Read books, develop your interests, find your ministry and get involved. It's not wrong to want to be married or want to find a godly man to share your life with. Just make sure it's what you want and it's not something you feel pressure to do just because of your family saying things to you.

I was single for a long time (longer than most christian young women) and people said all sorts of rude, mean, and downright hurtful things to me, some in the spirit of trying to "be helpful". YOu really have to find your identity in Christ and let the snotty things people can say roll off your back. I found that when most people would say rude things it's because they were really insecure and just needed to feel superior or something stupid like that. If you want to be married or feel an inkling towards that; stay open to relationships, pray often about God's guidance, develop yourself- spiritually and individually, and know what qualities to look for in a mate. You never know what is just around the corner in life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And just FWIW, in some cases there is a cultural reason. I go to a Greek Church, and one of the first questions I was asked right away was if I was married. It's the same question they ask ALL women between, I'm guessing, the ages of 18 and 80 or so, lol (maybe not quite 80, but I'm old enough to have a daughter of marriageable age myself, and they asked me!).

But the reason they ask is not to be nosey, or unkind, or to suggest you should be, or any such thing. Rather, it's like a network, and if you WANT to get married, they know someone to introduce you to! So every woman I've seen come into the Church gets asked. :)

It might not be anything meant to push you to marry if semi-strangers are asking. (They save that for the girls who are actually Greek! ;) )

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To be intimate, to enjoy life, to partner together, to love people or do charity together. I like to help people with severe mental or physical diseases by using scriptures , or materials things .
Are you currently out there and enjoying life, involved in charity work and helping those who have severe mental or physical diseases? If not, start. You may meet a Christian man doing those things, or if not, you'll at least have some more things to talk about on dates if you meet him outside of those things.

Upvote 0

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I reach the age everyone is trying to ask me about my marital status .by everyone I actually mean parents, friends and families. I am self rejoice and sufficient to be single but when it is exposed to people I feel ultimately embarrassed. I feel ashamed .

I think I need a fair amount of self analysis. I love ❤️ God , so he is my top boyfriend. But I do need a second copy on earth. To be intimate, to enjoy life, to partner together, to love people or do charity together. I like to help people with severe mental or physical diseases by using scriptures , or materials things . He need to be a firm believer of anti-premarital sex. But I don't know how to find him, i send these words as signals to hope he is going to receive them with his antenna. I don't go to bars, I excises outdoor so I don't go to public places. My close friends from college went on with their lives with kids and husbands, I don't have close friend afterward.

Any advice?

I'm in a similar situation. I'm 28 years old, but I still don't have a wife or even a long-term girlfriend. It seems like women these days want to date bad boys who aren't interested in commitment, then get upset when these sporadic, noncommittal men break up with them. Meanwhile, Christian men like myself who are interested in commitment and eventually marriage are practically invisible to these same women. (This is true of women at least where I'm from – I don't mean to suggest that all women are like this.)

To deal with my situation, I plan on using a matchmaking service. I've found several that pair Asian women from nations like Vietnam or China with Western men, and also men from Singapore. The man pays for the matchmaking service and picks a woman he likes, and if the woman, who also had to pay for the service, agrees, the new couple will then marry within days. I still need to learn how to speak Vietnamese or Mandarin, but the idea of a foreign matchmaking service seems like a wonderful idea for a man like myself who otherwise can't get married to a woman from his own nationality.

If you're having bad luck in your own nation with finding a good man, have you thought about marrying a man from a foreign nation? There are a lot of Western men, many of whom are Christian and good people, who are interested in finding a good Asian woman for marriage.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,920.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Mission Trip Meetings
Often Christians meet their partner on mission trips.

....You probably have similar interests heading out to a remote place possibly filled with many dangers but also very exquisite....

It's potentially one of the most romantic situation you could be in. o_O

I mean really, if you're looking for someone, mission's the one! There's also been many cases of the missionary meeting their future spouses among the locals in the missions field.

Oh darn, when will a lovely missionary end up in my corner of 3rd world! :p

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you want a boyfriend/husband.....you have to already have one. If you want to remaining single, continue wanting a boyfriend/husband.

To those to have not, even what they have is taken away.........
Hmmmmhemhem,so I have to be spiritual, believe I have already have one,I'm not joking I once did that. Since belief is the evidence of something you haven't see....

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very encouraging , Thank you. Very sound testimony about internet dating, I guess if I am honest and open, and with God it always lead somewhere nice.
If you truly be ready, then seek him first prayerfully and then continue on in being obedient to the Lord and being about his business.
I met the man I married online, I was corresponding with believers online and I happened to find a photo of this guy who was at a tourist spot I'd been to...so I sent him a message, he responded...We emailed for a time, chatted online and over the phone, then visited one another and got married quick!

People we knew said: "You rushing things" or "I got a bad feeling about this"... etc."
Not one person asked had we been open and honest with one another?, no one asked if we prayed about getting married?, no one asked if we did marriage counselling? they just took a stand against what we did but me and my husband went on about our business...that was over a decade ago and we still going along with the Lord just fine.
(The answer to the questions is yes, we done all that but nobody asked.) The ones who took a stand against what we did are the same ones who'd formerly pressed us (individually) about getting married.
ery

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed.

My advice was STRICTLY meaning, do the work, and perhaps you will meet men who are also drawn to the same work. Actually, I was thinking it more likely that over time, it might be that you might mean one man, who is single and otherwise compatible.

If people really date multiple persons these days , I'm not very aware of it. I certainly wasn't suggesting that. I agree that a group of single persons of both sexes who are friends should be fine, but it never enters my mind to think of dating many people. If I were dating a man (I never "dated" much though, and I'm married) ... but if I had been dating a man and found out he was with anyone else at the same time, assuming our dating represented a relationship, that would be the end of it for me. That did happen once, and I never saw the man again after that.

I suppose if it had been just one cup of coffee or something, and nothing more, then you have no claim on the other person. But my understanding would be if you begin seeing someone regularly, it is exclusive on both parts. I suppose the thing is for people to be honest about it. But - wow - no, I wouldn't suggest "dating many men".
I would be against dating multiple people at one time, just not my thing

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would be against dating multiple people at one time, just not my thing
Right, I agree. It was something that never entered my mind. To my way of thinking, it doesn't even make sense.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Get involved in your community, join the organizations for your political party, go out to events and cultural happenings, travel...go to church.

As a father I would want my daughter to never put herself out there but don't be unavailable by not being there either.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling ashamed at times.

From what I remember of Chinese culture, most women are very often married in their early-mid twenties and there is a stigma against those that aren't. Why this exists I'm not quite sure, but it's certainly unfair and unreasonable, so looking at it objectively and logically, try not to take it to heart.

Have you met anyone at all at church? Does your church have a singles ministry or group that meets? If you haven't or don't get the chance to meet people during the normal service times, maybe the extra groups/meetings beyond that are an option for you.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol. Sheamiao.. sis.. Maybe you just forgot but ... this GOD that came to earth died for the worlds sins and was buried and rose from the dead? This man is your friend.. is your brother is your savior.

God.. is your DAD. No.. THINK about that. Tell HIM what you want.. what your looking for..what you want. And again THINK..hmmm where would this desire "for a boyfriend for a person like you" come from in the 1st place? I like this old song.. "your desire is the confirmation that the destination is there. God wouldn't put it in your spirit if it was not going somewhere"

So.. Sis.. hold on.. believe,.. not maybe.. not hope.. but IS coming. God told Abraham his wife would a son. God lol didnt FORCE this to happen. They still had all the choices. All they had to do is? BELIEVE.

My boy when he was about 5 liked this other girl (Adena). I know.. cute. But she would never have anything to do with him. What I KNOW.. Children ..they listen to God so easily. As we get older.. its hard for us to hear and listen to that whisper..but.. it DOES happen. So thats what I told him. So we prayed. One day.. as I came to get him.. as he got up.. she got up came over and hugged him. Blew him away.

So.. rejoice..

Upvote 0

Zayin7

Feb 12, 2017
Ngaruawahia
✟18,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Any advice?
Yes.continue seeking Jesus to do his will and forget about marriage. God will always lead you into what he knows is best for you.
Trust Jesus only .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmmmhemhem,so I have to be spiritual, believe I have already have one,I'm not joking I once did that. Since belief is the evidence of something you haven't see....
Or you can take the religious route and beg for what you want and when you don't get it, say it wasn't God's will. That is always a win win scenario. Up to you.

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only advice I can offer is to be strong in who you are.. God never gave a husband to me and people ask all the time if I have children and if I'm married. When i say no to both they don't know what to say.. I either get pity or confusion like it is strange and apparently I should be. People like people who fit in their view of normal' so be strong in the face of their judgmental. God never 'gave' me a husband or kids but He loves me as much as someone who is married with kids. I just walk a different path that others don't understand. Be strong in Gods love and gracious to those who think it's something weird to be single even though Jesus and Paul were. Be blessed.
sorry, but I don't know whether God want me to be p
Be involved in things you are interested in: get out there and meet people, all kinds of people. Because, if you don't meet a guy you might meet his mom, aunt, brother, sister, etc.... and they will be thinking this girl is great I need to set her up with my equally great relative or friend. Let people that you know and trust know that you are open to dating and relationships. Pray for guidance and give people a chance. Read books, develop your interests, find your ministry and get involved. It's not wrong to want to be married or want to find a godly man to share your life with. Just make sure it's what you want and it's not something you feel pressure to do just because of your family saying things to you.

I was single for a long time (longer than most christian young women) and people said all sorts of rude, mean, and downright hurtful things to me, some in the spirit of trying to "be helpful". YOu really have to find your identity in Christ and let the snotty things people can say roll off your back. I found that when most people would say rude things it's because they were really insecure and just needed to feel superior or something stupid like that. If you want to be married or feel an inkling towards that; stay open to relationships, pray often about God's guidance, develop yourself- spiritually and individually, and know what qualities to look for in a mate. You never know what is just around the corner in life.
Thank you for sharing. This is a very helpful message for people who are in the situation as I am. To treat others great and develop personality and character is always the best thing to do thank you for your wish.
I try to throw away negative stuff people said about me by quoting scriptures, or pray.But I do need to read more books.

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is so great! The thing is, rather than asking us, you should just trust God that He knows you inside and out. He will find an amazing guy for you and put him in your life. Waiting can be frustrating, but it will be so worth it in the end :)
Thanks, Saucy, I think I need to chill and let God has his way.

Upvote 0

sheamiao

Apr 26, 2013
Remarkable
✟23,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there. I agree with everyone who has asked you to first consider if you truly want to be married. Marriage is not something you should do in order to fit in or stop others from talking. It's seriously hard work. Everything changes when you get married.

Internet dating is good for introverts. If I were single now, I would find it very hard and anxiety provoking to go to a church and just meet people with an eye to date. I have a hard time befriending someone I want more with. I would have to go the arranged route or the internet route and be upfront with my intentions in getting to know someone, but that's me. And you don't have to change your quiet personality in order to date. You're more likely to find introverts online, obviously..

I found my husband on an internet dating site. We were not Christians so I am not going to give advice on something I don't have experience on. But I will share my experience on using the net as an early thirty something. Dating is a modern thing, and dating today lacks clear boundaries. Therefore it is very important to know what you want and state what you want before you get too involved with someone. Assume that anyone you meet online is meeting other people. (I did not do this but my husband was talking to another woman and met her after meeting me for the first time. Never met her again and quit meeting people after, but.. mentioning this because it's common) Now that I know Christians, I see them do similar things. So, I would advise to be upfront about a one-at-a-time policy because now more than ever dating is like a shopping market (on the net especially) and it's not about loyalty it's about novelty and self-satisfaction. Just something to consider.

If you do consider pursuing a dating relationship to marriage, also consider the person's spirituality. Just because someone says they are a Christian doesn't mean they share your commitment, so get to know the person well. Trust me, it can be tough when one spouse wants to spend 3 nights a week at church and more in personal prayer, and the other is only slightly interested. (I say this as a person married to a non-believer, so I have some experience here)

In general, if you date, just be able to say what you want, which is a serious relationship leading to marriage. Say what you are not comfortable with-- like, maybe close opposite-sex friends, ex's in the picture, or whatever. Do it when the relationship has progressed beyond initial chatting-- you'll know when an emotional connection is being formed, at least on your end. Don't let men try to mow down your boundaries, because some will try. (And they will apply guilt liberally when you remain firm!) If I were dating again and looking for marriage, I would be praying about it all the time so I could stay strong, because there is a lot of temptation and the arena of love relationships is fraught with it.. it can sometimes bring out the worst. God is more important than any of this, and I think it's better to be alone than to be married in haste to someone who isn't right for you. There will always be people who talk. When I remember to, I pray for them. They don't know the pain they can cause! God bless you going forward, and I hope that you find what your heart desires!
Thank you for the rich and inspiritional advice !!i do need to watch out for the things you talk about cos the last thing I want is to fight in a relationship.being committed to love someone always is reeally hard for me . Since I myself is fighting against my own selfishness and selfcenteredness.I need lots and lots and loooooooots of prayors

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am 45 and still single. I wasn't always okay with that, but as I get older I see how God has protected me from bad relationships and how not having someone else in my life in that way has allowed me to spend more time working on my relationship with Him. I know that if it's something in God's plan for me, it will happen. I have noticed from those around me all these years that if you force yourself to find someone, it usually won't end well. God knows who you are meant for, and who is meant for you. Don't rush it. :)

7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. 8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. - 1 Corinthians 7:7-9

Reactions: NeedyFollower
Upvote 0