USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Here's one

6. Healthcare for All. Medicare for all or adoption of a universal single-payer healthcare system. The broken Medicaid program will be eliminated as redundant. Affordable healthcare shall be a human right.

Here's another:

10. Student Loan Debt Relief and Refinancing. Our students are more than $1 trillion in debt from education loans and have fewer employment prospects due to the financial collapse directly caused by the unbridled and unregulated greed of Wall Street. Ensuring a higher education, particularly in the fields of science, engineering, technology, green energy and mathematics, is no longer a luxury for the few and must now be viewed as a national security issue...Outright grants should be provided to those students who pursue and obtain degrees in the sciences, green energy, mathematics, technology and engineering. Moreover, to reduce the principal on all outstanding student loans, a financial transaction surcharge, similar to those fees charged by banks on consumers, will be introduced to banks and securities firms.

And another:

Instead, the federal government shall buy all mortgages in foreclosure and refinance these debts at an interest rate of 1% or less because that is the interest rate the Federal Reserve charges the banks that hoard the cash despite ample liquidity.
Thanks for the link.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟757,617.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Define fairness. Then spell out the means by which you hope to achieve it.
An example, The huge amounts of money spent by Corporations to influence Washington and even write legislation that passes congress.

The fairness issue is that you and I do not have that kind of access to our congressmen and the legislation that is written because we don't have that kind of money. Because of the money they receive by big money donors, our politician are more beholding to them than to the people. And we can see the results of that in the kinds of legislation that is passed.

There are several angles to approach this. The first, and I think most important, is to get rid of Corporate personhood. Next what I'd look at is campaign financing reform. Change the involvement of money in politics.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
An example, The huge amounts of money spent by Corporations to influence Washington and even write legislation that passes congress.

The fairness issue is that you and I do not have that kind of access to our congressmen and the legislation that is written because we don't have that kind of money. Because of the money they receive by big money donors, our politician are more beholding to them than to the people. And we can see the results of that in the kinds of legislation that is passed.

There are several angles to approach this. The first, and I think most important, is to get rid of Corporate personhood. Next what I'd look at is campaign financing reform. Change the involvement of money in politics.

And reign in the Fed.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Stuff too long to quote on a smart phone
The media, for the most part, white-wash these guys. Had the Tea party done a tenth of the things the OWS crowd has, we would've been labeled domestic terrorists by the media. Also you are either confused or lying to yourself. The people I mentioned in my last post were not homeless people the Occupiers are supposedly helping; they were the Occupiers. They are the ones stealing, defecating, and playing with themselves in public. I didn't get this "from Fox news" either. All one needs to do is to educate oneself to see what the OWS crowd is really like.

As for the rest? Yes let's follow the money

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
The media, for the most part, white-wash these guys. Had the Tea party done a tenth of the things the OWS crowd has, we would've been labeled domestic terrorists by the media. Also you are either confused or lying to yourself. The people I mentioned in my last post were not homeless people the Occupiers are supposedly helping; they were the Occupiers. They are the ones stealing, defecating, and playing with themselves in public. I didn't get this "from Fox news" either. All one needs to do is to educate oneself to see what the OWS crowd is really like.

As for the rest? Yes let's follow the money
They should have know to use a credit union.
:doh:

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't look like this man is asking anyone for a handout.

373890_170526803047186_134812666618600_201372_729473720_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Healthcare for all? Yes.

Yes, because nationally run healthcare has worked so well in the other parts of the world that people don't flock here for surgery.

Now before anyone calls me heartless, I don't want to take away anyone's healthcare, I just think churches and other non-profit groups should be the source of aid, not the government.

Sadly, studies have shown that the more one thinks it is the government's job to help the poor, the less they'll give to charities as a whole.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟757,617.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You are passing on lies, I know because I AM a member of Portlands Occupy movement. I know who goes to the meetings and who doesn't.

You don't have a clue. YOU are the one who needs to get educated!!!

I'm a member of the Faith/Spiritual group in the Portland SpokeCouncil. Our members are priest, clergy, laymen, lovers of God, Quakers, ect. We do outreach to the Faith community.

Here's our mission statement:
Faith/Spiritual Decision by Consensus process:
The Faith & Spirit Spoke makes collective decisions by consensus of the members present, with as much additional input from non-present members as is possible and pragmatic. Our consensus is guided not only by the will of the group but also by our evolving sense and experience of Spirit along with the values one finds through compassion, love and nonviolence towards every Human Being.

We meet with a wide variety of groups, lawyers, media, schooling, ect, ect. Before every meeting we feed the homeless. I help setup, I know who comes through. Sheesh!!!

Are you yet another person coming in here passing out non-truths about something they know nothing about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel25

Mar 1, 2011
✟1,091.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not a teacher, but I have been working during the whole financial crisis. I feel much the same way this man does.

379374_170526883047178_134812666618600_201378_1729156945_n.jpg

^_^^_^^_^^_^

I see the college bubble popping, and when students stop taking my Lunar Lesbians in Pop Culture class, I might have to get a non-parasite job!

^_^^_^^_^^_^

I got news for you, forehead. You are the ones selling kids the crap sandwich that no one wants to buy. Just hope the agitators convince the government to bail out your industry; every week the students are unemployed because they have no skills, ethics , or drive is not a damnation of "corporations", but a damnation of their training and the institutes which produced them.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I gave three examples of demands for handouts including a valid link. It's undeniable
Not only that, but there were several other examples in that same link of indirect handouts where the burden of financing the welfare state is shifted from the 99% to the 1%. The whole movement is nothing more than a modern day version of Robin Hood.

Upvote 0