Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Taking handouts back from the bank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyW2n9J-R8s

And they are actually fixing up these properties for the good of real estate value of the whole community. That is called being responsible.

What the banks have done is the opposite of being responsible. They are destroying our country. And Obama isn't helping.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What the banks have done is the opposite of being responsible. They are destroying our country. And Obama isn't helping.
What the banks did in the real estate bubble and bust was because of the government forcing them to do it. They were legally required to destroy an entire market -- real estate -- at the behest of the laws forcing them to lend to people who would not weather a downturn in the economy.

Your government, like the witch in Hansel and Gretel, invited the middle class to feast on useless food as fat for the slaughter.

And now they want to take more of your rights away. They want even more power over you. They simply think it's about getting votes next election cycle, but they're feeding people into government servitude. They're obviously getting that power.

The part of Wall Street that didn't go into the candy house is what's left. They're the people who were skeptical of the bubble, who heard Greenspan and Bush both warn of the pending collapse, who moved on to other things. They were skeptical then, and they're skeptical now. They see the evil inherent in paying for government's power grab.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What the banks did in the real estate bubble and bust was because of the government forcing them to do it. They were legally required to destroy an entire market -- real estate -- at the behest of the laws forcing them to lend to people who would not weather a downturn in the economy.

This has been refuted time and time again. But the myth persists.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Taking handouts back from the bank.

And they are actually fixing up these properties for the good of real estate value of the whole community. That is called being responsible.
I wonder how you would feel about it if they occupied your home. This is just more of the greedy gimme, gimme, gimme, attitude we've seen from OWS

What about what homeowners did to the banks?

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married

Your government, like the witch in Hansel and Gretel, invited the middle class to feast on useless food as fat for the slaughter.

And now they want to take more of your rights away. They want even more power over you. They simply think it's about getting votes next election cycle, but they're feeding people into government servitude. They're obviously getting that power.

The part of Wall Street that didn't go into the candy house is what's left. They're the people who were skeptical of the bubble, who heard Greenspan and Bush both warn of the pending collapse, who moved on to other things. They were skeptical then, and they're skeptical now. They see the evil inherent in paying for government's power grab.
Bush and Greenspan were part of the problem as well. That's what we are facing. There are no good guys here.

As for the rest of your post, I'm forced to agree with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 24:

17 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;
18 Or the LORD will see it and be displeased,
And turn His anger away from him. (NASB)
They aren't falling, they are, God willing, going bankrupt.

Hope you're not a stockholder.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm just curious since you hold the current J.P. Morgan accountable for the history of the company, do you hold yourself accountable for sins committed by your forbears?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I'm just curious since you hold the current J.P. Morgan accountable for the history of the company, do you hold yourself accountable for sins committed by your forbears?
I see it as history repeating itself. We don't seem to learn from past lessons.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm wondering if you really read your own link.

"The largest bank in the nation earned $3.7 billion, or 90 cents per share, in the final three months of last year. That's down from $4.8 billion, or $1.12 per share, in the same period a year earlier."

A drop in profit from $4.8 Billion to $3.7 Billion over a three month period hardly represents a threat of bankruptcy.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married

I see it as history repeating itself. We don't seem to learn from past lessons.

That about covers it for me.

I'm wondering if you really read your own link.

"The largest bank in the nation earned $3.7 billion, or 90 cents per share, in the final three months of last year. That's down from $4.8 billion, or $1.12 per share, in the same period a year earlier."

A drop in profit from $4.8 Billion to $3.7 Billion over a three month period hardly represents a threat of bankruptcy.
I'm just glad you read it for the both of us. Nice to know you care.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That about covers it for me.
Meaning that you don't hold yourself to the same criteria as you do others, namely J.P. Morgan?

I'm just glad you read it for the both of us. Nice to know you care.
Yes, I like to see corporations succeed. It's good for all of us.

Upvote 0