✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
^_^^_^^_^^_^

I see the college bubble popping, and when students stop taking my Lunar Lesbians in Pop Culture class, I might have to get a non-parasite job!

^_^^_^^_^^_^

I got news for you, forehead. You are the ones selling kids the crap sandwich that no one wants to buy. Just hope the agitators convince the government to bail out your industry; every week the students are unemployed because they have no skills, ethics , or drive is not a damnation of "corporations", but a damnation of their training and the institutes which produced them.

Do you actually have any sort of evidence to back any of that up? Do you know what subject he teaches? Do you know whether his students end up with useful skills, drive, or ethics?

Or are you simply concocting a ridiculous story out of raw sewage so you can laugh gleefully at others' misfortune, thoroughly convinced that they deserve it, because they brought it on themselves? Because that's what it looks like from over here.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
So then it is indeed about handouts, just like I said
The man who has worked since he was 14 is asking for a handout?

No.

The don't have the resources...not even close.

I was going to say that. I see that point brought up a lot. Can a church or a charity help a person who needs expensive cancer treatment? And if they can, can they offer that treatment to all geographic areas?

This sort of thing is a nice supplement. And I don't want to diminish it. But it isn't and shouldn't be the core.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You are passing on lies, I know because I AM a member of Portlands Occupy movement. I know who goes to the meetings and who doesn't.
Are you yet another person coming in here passing out non-truths about something they know nothing about?

Nope, I am quite knowledgable about this group. I am sure you mean well, but what about your fellow Portland Occupiers?

I guess they didn't really have explosives?
Was he helping teach the homeless molotov safety?
So since they aren't poor, to heck with their rights?
Defiling the war dead
I don't recall this hymn. Btw you will have to edit the url since beep should be a curse word.
Threatening those who are working.
Nobody should report rape at Portland OWS?
Bank busting.
Using an infant as a shield?!
Brutal assault in Portland
86k in damages. Is this your group?
There are more, I am just tired of psting them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WalksWithChrist said:
The man who has worked since he was 14 is asking for a handout?

No.

I was going to say that. I see that point brought up a lot. Can a church or a charity help a person who needs expensive cancer treatment? And if they can, can they offer that treatment to all geographic areas?

This sort of thing is a nice supplement. And I don't want to diminish it. But it isn't and shouldn't be the core.

I gave you direct quotes from OWS where they are looking for handouts

Upvote 0

Daniel25

Mar 1, 2011
✟1,091.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you actually have any sort of evidence to back any of that up? Do you know what subject he teaches? Do you know whether his students end up with useful skills, drive, or ethics?

Or are you simply concocting a ridiculous story out of raw sewage so you can laugh gleefully at others' misfortune, thoroughly convinced that they deserve it, because they brought it on themselves? Because that's what it looks like from over here.

Sometimes, words omitted speak volumes. Also hipster glasses and shaved head on a scrawy dude.

Verdict: Media Studies associate prof at a decently sized community college. You know he is an associate because he is economically anxious, you know its a community college because he's bothering with this nonsense rather than PUBLISHING! PUBLISHING! PUBLISHING! and apparently thinks students are important.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes, words omitted speak volumes. Also hipster glasses and shaved head on a scrawy dude.

Verdict: Professor of Handicapped Ethnically Diverse Transvestites in Pop Culture Studies at a local community college.

Glad to know I was right - you just made everything up. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,315.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the wonderful examples of social outcast that are in need of help. It's a great segway to Jesus Christ.

Like Jesus Christ the Occupy folks ARE helping those in need. And like the social outcast who found hope in Jesus Christ and so who were drawn to Him because he was helping them, the social outcast of today are finding hope and are in the same way they they were drawn to Jesus Christ are today drawn to the Occupy Movement. In that way, yes, they are part of the movement. But they are NOT the movement itself just as those social outcast who followed Jesus Christ are not Jesus Christ.

What's sad is those same folks who are in desperate need and who being pegged as social outcast are not getting the same feeling of hope from today’s Christian Churches who seem to want to keep them as social outcast and tucked away unseen and not heard from. Out of sight, out of mind. There are of course exceptions to Churches that truly do care and who do help the social outcast, but they are very rare and hard to find. So naturally, those people in desperate need are going to be drawn to those who actually do care for them…which today they are finding in the Occupy movement.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
dlamberth said:
Thanks for the wonderful examples of social outcast that are in need of help. It's a great segway to Jesus Christ.

Like Jesus Christ the Occupy folks ARE helping those in need. And like the social outcast who found hope in Jesus Christ and so who were drawn to Him because he was helping them, the social outcast of today are finding hope and are in the same way they they were drawn to Jesus Christ are today drawn to the Occupy Movement. In that way, yes, they are part of the movement. But they are NOT the movement itself just as those social outcast who followed Jesus Christ are not Jesus Christ.

What's sad is those same folks who are in desperate need and who being pegged as social outcast are not getting the same feeling of hope from today's Christian Churches who seem to want to keep them as social outcast and tucked away unseen and not heard from. Out of sight, out of mind. There are of course exceptions to Churches that truly do care and who do help the social outcast, but they are very rare and hard to find. So naturally, those people in desperate need are going to be drawn to those who actually do care for them...which today they are finding in the Occupy movement.

Which Christian Churches specifically are trying to keep those in desperate need as social outcasts, tucked away out of sight and out of mind? Just so we know what you're alleging.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
No, I am pretty sure they ARE the movement. Maybe Portland is a bizzaro world where the OWS crowd is doing some good. However, if in fact you are claiming this to try and use the homeless andd mentally ill to excuse the behavior of your group, that disgusts me.

Homeless Clash With Occupy Sacramento Protesters At Park « CBS Sacramento

Share This:

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — As the Occupy Sacramento movement settles in for another night inside Cesar Chavez Park, another group sits, watches and wonders if they’ll ever get what they call “their park” back.

“These homeless people have been out here alot longer than you have,” one homeless person tells CBS13.

For years this plaza in the heart of Sacramento has been a homeless hide-away. But some just want the Occupy group to go away:

“I just wish they’d give us our park back,” one homeless woman says.

She’s one of dozens of homeless who’ve signed a petition:

Part of the problem, some homeless argue, they feel they’ve lost their freedom.

“They got their own security, they act like the police,” one man tells Lopez. “Anytime you do anything they say you can’t do this and that … and we’re saying ‘you’re not the police.’”

But the allegations of harassment go both ways.

“She on numerous occasions came to me with violent threats like “I’m going to get you,’ just terrible things,” one Occupy organizer says.

The Occupy leader felt so threatened by a homeless woman, she thought about getting a restraining order.

While she worries about her loss of security, those who used to call this park home worry about how long this group will stay.

“They say they’re gonna stay until Wall Street goes down,” one homeless woman says. “I don’t see Wall Street going down. Wall Street is too big.”

And this park may be too small for some.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
No, I am pretty sure they ARE the movement. Maybe Portland is a bizzaro world where the OWS crowd is doing some good. However, if in fact you are claiming this to try and use the homeless andd mentally ill to excuse the behavior of your group, that disgusts me.

Homeless Clash With Occupy Sacramento Protesters At Park « CBS Sacramento

Share This:

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — As the Occupy Sacramento movement settles in for another night inside Cesar Chavez Park, another group sits, watches and wonders if they’ll ever get what they call “their park” back.

“These homeless people have been out here alot longer than you have,” one homeless person tells CBS13.

For years this plaza in the heart of Sacramento has been a homeless hide-away. But some just want the Occupy group to go away:

“I just wish they’d give us our park back,” one homeless woman says.

She’s one of dozens of homeless who’ve signed a petition:

Part of the problem, some homeless argue, they feel they’ve lost their freedom.

“They got their own security, they act like the police,” one man tells Lopez. “Anytime you do anything they say you can’t do this and that … and we’re saying ‘you’re not the police.’”

But the allegations of harassment go both ways.

“She on numerous occasions came to me with violent threats like “I’m going to get you,’ just terrible things,” one Occupy organizer says.

The Occupy leader felt so threatened by a homeless woman, she thought about getting a restraining order.

While she worries about her loss of security, those who used to call this park home worry about how long this group will stay.

“They say they’re gonna stay until Wall Street goes down,” one homeless woman says. “I don’t see Wall Street going down. Wall Street is too big.”

And this park may be too small for some.
This is going to sound insensitive, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Wall Street (and the Fed...and the government for that matter) has taken our park. Our park being the United States of America.

And we want it back.

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So being angry at the government justifies displacing and disturbing the very people you claim to represent? Yeah, not insensitive at all.
First I see people attack OWS because the protestors are "squatting" there like homeless people and now we see attacks on OWS because they are preventing other people from squatting there in peace. Seems like people are really reaching here. I guess folks have to find some way to combat the movement that doesn't involve debating their actual message though. Debating the message itself is too hard.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I never attacked them for "squatting" unless you meant them crapping in churches and the like. Heaven forbid I dislike them doing millions in damage, killing and raping and other such nonsense.

As for their message, which one? The need for government to get out of bed with business and vice-versa? I agree. Government should "spread the wealth around?" No. The need to destroy this country and rebuild it as a communist utopia? Heck no!

Upvote 0

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As for their message, which one?
Whatever areas of disagreement you might have with the aims of the movement. Issues like that can be debated . Taking swipes at the whole movement because of a few individuals pooping behavior or because a squatter found the protest disrupting to their habit of sleeping in the park is silly. It's a diversion from the real issues being raised.

Last edited:
Upvote 0