How does one correctly keep the Sabbath according to SDA doctrine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The onus is on a fringe denomination to prove from the scripture, that gentiles were commanded to obey the law.

Where does it say in the scripture that Gentiles are UNDER the written law?

If you can point to a verse that says it is OK to murder, steal, commit adultery, take the Lord's day in vain, or break any of His commandments and still get into heaven---you will have made your point.
Bottom line no unrepentant commandment breaker enters into His presence. Sin can not live in His presence. No one is under the ceremonial laws---done away with when Jesus died on the cross as He is the Lamb and our High Priest. Nowhere does it say that it matters how many people think as you do. It says it matters what God thinks and we are to do as He says. That is our purpose -- to reflect His character. Not to conform to popular opinion.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exactly---and it was Jesus that wrote --with His own hand--the 10 commandments. And no man--has the right to change that. You are free to do whatever you please. No one is demanding you do anything. We are saying this is what the bible says, it is what God wrote and He has never said to do otherwise. If Jesus did not state to do anything else--His word stands regardless of how many people say otherwise, or how much a pagan form of worship people want to keep. It is all about Him and what He says. Cain also thought he would do what he wanted instead if what God wanted---didn't go well. All anybody has to do is to point to a verse that says---Jesus says He has changed the 4th commandment to the 1st day of the week---or any other day. It matters diddly squat to me what day to worship--it matters to God. and I see no sense in arguing with Him about it. If He said Tuesday and hadn't said otherwise--then Tuesday it would be regardless of what the whole world said about it. It is a matter of whom to obey God or man.
I need to remind you that it is not about a day of worship. For the Sabbath is a day of rest from work, nothing about a day of worship in Exodus. I don't know why you miss this point?

The first day is the day that Jesus rose and that is the day we gather and break bread. This has nothing to do with any written law concerning some day of rest.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I need to remind you that it is not about a day of worship. For the Sabbath is a day of rest from work, nothing about a day of worship in Exodus. I don't know why you miss this point?

The first day is the day that Jesus rose and that is the day we gather and break bread. This has nothing to do with any written law concerning some day of rest.

What do you call worship?? What do you think Jesus and the disciples did at the synagogues--at the sanctuary? What do you think this means???
Isa_58:13 ….. and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
You can do whatever you want---This is what God said to do for the Sabbath.
He did not say one single solitary word about what to do on the 1st day of the week. You are right, this is not simply about a day of worship---it is the same thing that faced Adam and Eve, that faced Cain----DO I DO WHAT I WANT TO DO OR WHAT GOD SAYS TO DO? I don't know why you miss this point.

We are to think of God and honor Him everyday, but God says to do our own works on the other 6 days of the week---the 7th day is HIS. He said nothing different after He arose on that 1st day of the week. Which certainly would have been the time to do so.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sabbath in the actual Bible -

Like resting -- Ex 20:8-11
Like - Bible 7th-day Sabbath, -- solemn assembly, holy convocation Lev 23:1-3??
Like - 7th day Sabbath a day of worship Is 66:23 ??
Like - not getting side tracked to secular topics? Isaiah 58:13??
"worship Him who created the heavens and the earth" Rev 14:7

"the 7th day is the Sabbath of the LORD " Ex 20:10

I need to remind you that it is not about a day of worship.

Given those texts above - you are probably going to have to keep "reminding" since the Bible points the other way.

The first day is the day that Jesus rose

almost everyone here on both sides of the topic - agree with that point.

And the Bible also says it.

and that is the day we gather and break bread. This has nothing to do with any written law concerning some day of rest.

I agree with that as well. Lots of people do gather on that day and it has nothing to do with the Bible statements about a weekly day of worship.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
D.L. Moody insists that the Sabbath begins in Eden.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS text by D. L. Moody

Moody says this in that sermon

"The Sabbath was binding in Eden, and it has been in force ever since. The fourth commandment begins with the word remember, showing that the Sabbath already existed when God wrote this law on the tables of stone at Sinai. How can men claim that this one commandment has been done away with when they will admit that the other nine are still binding?

I believe that the Sabbath question today is a vital one for the whole country. It is the burning question of the present time. If you give up the Sabbath the church goes; if you give up the church the home goes; and if the home goes the nation goes. That is the direction in which we are traveling.

The church of God is losing its power on account of so many people giving up the Sabbath, and using it to promote selfishness."

Both the "Baptist Confession of Faith" - sectn 19 and the "Westminster Confession of Faith" sectn 19 affirm the same point about the TEN Commandments as the moral law of God that is given in Eden.

The lack of depth in the accusations made in the post is reflected somewhat by this statement "Most Christian advocates of Sabbath observance are influenced by Ellen White" - as if all Christians who are not at war against God's 4th commandment -- take their doctrine from Ellen White when it comes to God's Sabbath Commandment.

That is such an extreme statement it is hard to overstate the level of its exaggeration.

Could you quote this Baptist Confession of Faith and the Westminster Confession of Faith that you refer to? I don't think I have seen these particular documents.

Baptist Confession of Faith -- sectn 19

Here is it in Spurgeon's exanded edition in th 19th century.
The Baptist Confession of Faith (1689)

19. The Law of God

1. God gave to Adam a law of universal obedience which was written in his heart, and He gave him very specific instruction about not eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. By this Adam and all his descendants were bound to personal, total, exact, and perpetual obedience, being promised life upon the fulfilling of the law, and threatened with death upon the breach of it. At the same time Adam was endued with power and ability to keep it.

2. The same law that was first written in the heart of man continued to be a perfect rule of righteousness after the Fall, and was delivered by God upon Mount Sinai in the ten commandments, and written in two tables, the first four containing our duty towards God, and the other six, our duty to man.

3. Besides this law, commonly called the moral law, God was pleased do give the people of Israel ceremonial laws containing several typical ordinances. These ordinances were partly about their worship, and in them Christ was prefigured along with His attributes and qualities, His actions, His sufferings and His benefits. These ordinances also gave instructions about different moral duties. All of these ceremonial laws were appointed only until the time of reformation, when Jesus Christ the true Messiah and the only lawgiver, Who was furnished with power from the Father for this end, cancelled them and took them away.

4. To the people of Israel He also gave sundry judicial laws which expired when they ceased to be a nation. These are not binding on anyone now by virtue of their being part of the laws of that nation, but their general equity continue to be applicable in modern times.

5. The moral law ever binds to obedience everyone, justified people as well as others, and not only out of regard for the matter contained in it, but also out of respect for the authority of God the Creator, Who gave the law. Nor does Christ in the Gospel dissolve this law in any way, but He considerably strengthens our obligation to obey it.

6. Although true believers are not under the law as a covenant of works, to be justified or condemned by it, yet it is of great use to them as well as to others, because as a rule of life it informs them of the will of God and their duty and directs and binds them to walk accordingly. It also reveals and exposes the sinful pollutions of their natures, hearts and lives, and using it for self-examination they may come to greater conviction of sin, greater humility and greater hatred of their sin. They will also gain a clearer sight of their need of Christ and the perfection of His own obedience. It is of further use to regenerate people to restrain their corruptions, because of the way in which it forbids sin. The threatenings of the law serve to show what their sins actually deserve, and what troubles may be expected in this life because of these sins even by regenerate people who are freed from the curse and undiminished rigours of the law. The promises connected with the law also show believers God's approval of obedience, and what blessings they may expect when the law is kept and obeyed, though blessing will not come to them because they have satisfied the law as a covenant of works. If a man does good and refrains from evil simply because the law encourages to the good and deters him from the evil, that is no evidence that he is under the law rather than under grace.

7. The aforementioned uses of the law are not contrary to the grace of the Gospel, but they sweetly comply with it, as the Spirit of Christ subdues and enables the will of man to do freely and cheerfully those things which the will of God, which is revealed in the law, requires to be done.
======================================

Westminster Confession of Faith
Westminister Confession of Faith Chapter 19

Westminister Confession of Faith Chapter 19
Of the Law of God
  1. God gave to Adam a law, as a covenant of works, by which he bound him, and all his posterity, to personal, entire, exact, and perpetual obedience; promised life upon the fulfilling, and threatened death upon the breach of it; and endued him with power and ability to keep it.
  2. This law, after his fall, continued to be a perfect rule of righteousness; and, as such, was delivered by God upon Mount Sinai, in ten commandments, and written in two tables; the first four commandments containing our duty towards God; and the other six our duty to man.
  3. Beside this law, commonly called moral, God was pleased to give to the people of Israel, as a church under age, ceremonial laws containing several typical ordinances; partly of worship, prefiguring Christ, his graces, actions, sufferings, and benefits; and partly holding forth diverse instructions of moral duties. All which ceremonial laws are now abrogated, under the New Testament.
  4. To them also, as a body politic, he gave sundry judicial laws, which expired together with the state of that people, not obliging any other now, further than the general equity thereof may require.
  5. Although true believers be not under the law as a covenant of works, to be thereby justified or condemned; yet is it of great use to them, as well as to others; in that, as a rule of life, informing them of the will of God and their duty, it directs and binds them to walk accordingly; discovering also the sinful pollutions of their nature, hearts, and lives; so as, examining themselves thereby, they may come to further conviction of, humiliation for, and hatred against sin, together with a clearer sight of the need they have of Christ, and the perfection of his obedience. It is likewise of use to the regenerate, to restrain their corruptions, in that it forbids sin; and the threatenings of it serve to show what even their sins deserve, and what afflictions in this life they may expect for them, although freed from the curse thereof threatened in the law. The promises of it, in like manner, show them God’s approbation of obedience, and what blessings they may expect upon the performance thereof, although not as due to them by the law as a covenant of works: so as a man’s doing good, and refraining from evil, because the law encourageth to the one, and deterreth from the other, is no evidence of his being under the law, and not under grace.
  6. Neither are the forementioned uses of the law contrary to the grace of the gospel, but do sweetly comply with it; the Spirit of Christ subduing and enabling the will of man to do that freely and cheerfully which the will of God revealed in the law requires to be done.

All those sources agree - the Bible says Sabbath begins in Eden.

In the Bible when God makes something on Earth holy - it obligates mankind to treat it is holy.

The onus is on a fringe denomination to prove from the scripture, that gentiles were commanded to obey the law.

Is this the part where you declare all of Christianity to be a "fringe denomination"??

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Moody has made a claim below.
"The Sabbath was binding in Eden, and it has been in force ever since. The fourth commandment begins with the word remember, showing that the Sabbath already existed when God wrote this law on the tables of stone at Sinai.
Let's have a look at the text and see if the claim is valid.

Exodus 20:8
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

The sentence above does not say anything like Moody said; remember the Sabbath law I gave in the garden of Eden. The sentence actually says to not forget to rest on the Sabbath, keep it a holy day it's not a work day.

I can see clearly how you fail to understand the scripture.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Given those texts above - you are probably going to have to keep "reminding" since the Bible points the other way.

almost everyone here on both sides of the topic - agree with that point.

And the Bible also says it.

I agree with that as well. Lots of people do gather on that day and it has nothing to do with the Bible statements about a weekly day of worship.
You seem troubled when I refer to the Sabbath as a day of rest. You want it to be a day of worship, a Christian day of joy and celebration.

Here is one of the verses that you mentioned in your post, that you believe supports your idea.

Isaiah 66:23
"And it shall be from new moon to new moon and from sabbath to sabbath, all mankind will come to bow down before Me,” says the Lord.

Bowing down has nothing to do with celebration and joy. Wrong again Bob, no evidence what so ever to support your claim. I repeat, the Exodus law concerning the Sabbath is about resting from all work. That includes your oxen Bob.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Moody has made a claim below.

Let's have a look at the text and see if the claim is valid.

Exodus 20:8
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

The sentence above does not say anything like Moody said; remember the Sabbath law I gave in the garden of Eden. The sentence actually says to not forget to rest on the Sabbath, keep it a holy day it's not a work day.

I can see clearly how you fail to understand the scripture.

We simply prefer to take all scripture not a select few.

Mar_2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

It was made for mankind--Jesus did not say it was made for the Jew---Mankind started with Adam and Eve--it was made for them. That is quite simply -- obvious.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You seem troubled when I refer to the Sabbath as a day of rest. You want it to be a day of worship, a Christian day of joy and celebration.

Here is one of the verses that you mentioned in your post, that you believe supports your idea.

"And it shall be from new moon to new moon and from sabbath to sabbath, all mankind will come to bow down before Me,” says the Lord.

Bowing down has nothing to do with celebration and joy. Wrong again Bob, no evidence what so ever to support your claim. I repeat, the Exodus law concerning the Sabbath is about resting from all work. That includes your oxen Bob.

It obviously is a day of rest--God said this:
Isa_58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I need to remind you that it is not about a day of worship.

You seem troubled when I refer to the Sabbath as a day of rest.

I referenced these Bible texts and they do include "day of rest" how is that "troubled"?? I find your logic 'illusive' just then.

You want it to be a day of worship,

There you go again - treating me as if I wrote the Bible. Did you mean to say 'the Word of God says it is also a day of worship according to the texts just posted?"

If so - that was a funny way of saying it.

"And it shall be from new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all mankind will come to bow down before Me,” says the Lord.

Thanks for not making me the author of that part of the Word of God.

Bowing down has nothing to do with celebration and joy.

For those who do not enjoy worship... I suppose you are right.

KJV -
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord

You "insert" celebration and joy where you see the word "worship". And that is fine but then at other times yo post as if you find worship to not have any joy in it ... that's confusing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We simply prefer to take all scripture not a select few.

Mar_2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

It was made for mankind--Jesus did not say it was made for the Jew---Mankind started with Adam and Eve--it was made for them. That is quite simply -- obvious.
The Jew had to honor the Sabbath as it was their national written law. The Jews could be executed and were executed for failure to obey the Sabbath. Nobody in Israel worked on the Sabbath day except the priests.

Gentiles were never commanded to obey the Sabbath, the book of Genesis does not contain that instruction for the Gentiles.

Gentiles were not under the law, thus the Gentiles were not under the penalty of the written law.

I wish you guys really did read all the scripture.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Jew had to honor the Sabbath as it was their national written law. The Jews could be executed and were executed for failure to obey the Sabbath. Nobody in Israel worked on the Sabbath day except the priests.

Gentiles were never commanded to obey the Sabbath, the book of Genesis does not contain that instruction for the Gentiles.

Gentiles were not under the law, thus the Gentiles were not under the penalty of the written law.

I wish you guys really did read all the scripture.

The job of the Jew was supposed to be to enlighten the rest of the world--they dropped the ball. The Sabbath was to be given to all and was to be kept by all who joined them--such as the mixed multitude with them. Instead they became exclusive instead of inclusive--In them was the world to be blessed.
"nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:"
Again, the Sabbath was made for man, Jesus did not say for the Jew. God gave it to Adam and Eve. I wish you guys would read ALL the scriptures.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The job of the Jew was supposed to be to enlighten the rest of the world--they dropped the ball. The Sabbath was to be given to all and was to be kept by all who joined them--such as the mixed multitude with them. Instead they became exclusive instead of inclusive--In them was the world to be blessed.
"nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:"
Again, the Sabbath was made for man, Jesus did not say for the Jew. God gave it to Adam and Eve. I wish you guys would read ALL the scriptures.
You keep saying that God gave the Sabbath to Adam and Eve. Yet the text makes no mention of a Sabbath commandment in the book of Genesis.

Where is the warning and the penalty in Genesis regarding the Sabbath day?

Your assuming that when God rested on the seventh day, that then means that the creation must rest on the seventh day. There is no commandment in that text, we cannot assume anything.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You keep saying that God gave the Sabbath to Adam and Eve. Yet the text makes no mention of a Sabbath commandment in the book of Genesis.

Where is the warning and the penalty in Genesis regarding the Sabbath day?

Your assuming that when God rested on the seventh day, that then means that the creation must rest on the seventh day. There is no commandment in that text, we cannot assume anything.

Jesus is the creator of all--He was the one that created this earth---HE SAID THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN---ADAM AND EVE WERE THE FIRST "MAN"--actually, the word Adam means human.
Are you assuming that Jesus is talking about some other man--some other humanity--that we do not know anything about? Are you assuming that this means God meant that day to be kept holy, blessed and sanctified by Him alone?
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The Sabbath is a memorial to His creative power---He is God---it is His decision if He wants a day to be kept Holy then that is the day it will be. If He had said Tues, then that would be it. If you have a problem with what God has decreed, then take it up with Him---I can't change what He has said! I am not demanding you keep any day--I am explaining why we do. Because He said so!

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is the creator of all--He was the one that created this earth---HE SAID THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN---ADAM AND EVE WERE THE FIRST "MAN"--actually, the word Adam means human.
Are you assuming that Jesus is talking about some other man--some other humanity--that we do not know anything about? Are you assuming that this means God meant that day to be kept holy, blessed and sanctified by Him alone?
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The Sabbath is a memorial to His creative power---He is God---it is His decision if He wants a day to be kept Holy then that is the day it will be. If He had said Tues, then that would be it. If you have a problem with what God has decreed, then take it up with Him---I can't change what He has said! I am not demanding you keep any day--I am explaining why we do. Because He said so!
I hate to inform you that things have changed, the old world order has passed. We celebrate and remember what Christ has created through us and in us.

We are a new creation now and we celebrate the first day of the new creation. We undergo a spiritual circumcision in Christ now, not the old physical circumcision. We become members not of Israel but of the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.

Our sacrifice now is not a bull but of praise. We don't resist stealing we exert generosity towards others, e.t.c.

What you believe is primitive and old school legalism. All things are new now in Christ Jesus, the methodology of legalism is stone dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I hate to inform you that things have changed, the old world order has passed. We celebrate and remember what Christ has created through us and in us.

We are a new creation now and we celebrate the first day of the new creation. We undergo a spiritual circumcision in Christ now, not the old physical circumcision. We become members not of Israel but of the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.

Our sacrifice now is not a bull but of praise. We don't resist stealing we exert generosity towards others, e.t.c.

What you believe is primitive and old school legalism. All things are new now in Christ Jesus, the methodology of legalism is stone dead.

I again ask---where does the bible say we are to celebrate a new creation on the 1st day of the week?

1Co 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn_3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn_3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
2Jn_1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
Rev_12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev_14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Mat_5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

WE DO NOT KEEP THE CLOMMANDMENTS IN ORDER TO BE SAVED---WE KEEP THEM BECAUSE WE ARE SAVED.

Mat_22:40 On these two commandments HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.
Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

What God has spoken and written with His own hand no man can change no matter what anyone says.
Call it by whatever name you want---obedience to the word of God out of love for Him is what it boils down to.

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
2Co_10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Cordell

Jun 1, 2020
Ontario
✟15,784.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
So much controversy about Sabbath keeping, so please explain;
Exactly when does the Sabbath start?
Exactly when does the Sabbath end?
What is allowable to do on the Sabbath that was forbidden in the OT? (Kindling a fire etc.)
What is forbidden to do on the Sabbath?
What is the Mark of the Beast?
Please quote chapter and verse in the answer.
Please quote EG White's writings where relevant.
Thank you.

1) Sabbath Start & End: Sundown is the beginning and the end of a day E.g. 8:53 pm is sundown where I live not 12 am. Genesis 1:5 KJV "And the evening and the morning were the first day."

2) What is allowable to do on the Sabbath & forbidden: Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, 6 days to labor but the 7th day in it you shall not do any work. For in 6 days the LORD made heaven, earth, sea and all that in them is and reset the 7th day wherefore it was blessed and hallowed. Exodus 20:8-11 KJV. 7th day work that is related to healing acts of kindness, saving life, teaching Holy Bible on the Sabbath is all part in honoring the Sabbath as seen in the Gospels Luke 13:10-16. Seeing it is a day of rest and a day to keep holy then any work that is of a common nature is to be refrained from doing E.g. Careers (Working for money, buying or selling), Cooking & any work that would not lead to you from resting and keeping the day holy.

Isaiah 58:13-14 KJV "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the LORD honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words, Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD."

3) What is the mark of the beast: The Mark of the Beast (Beast is symbolic for a kingdom like in Daniel 7), is the mark of the ecclesiastical authority for the last day kingdom that was foretold to come in many parts in the Holy Bible, in particularly Daniel 2 about the statue of a man with feet mix with iron and miry clay, Daniel 7 about the 4th beast with teeth of iron and a little horn coming up among the horns which plucked up 3 horns.

What is the mark of the beast: The Mark of the Beast | Bible Study Guides | Amazing Facts

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1) Sabbath Start & End: Sundown is the beginning and the end of a day E.g. 8:53 pm is sundown where I live not 12 am. Genesis 1:5 KJV "And the evening and the morning were the first day."

2) What is allowable to do on the Sabbath & forbidden: Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, 6 days to labor but the 7th day in it you shall not do any work. For in 6 days the LORD made heaven, earth, sea and all that in them is and reset the 7th day wherefore it was blessed and hallowed. Exodus 20:8-11 KJV. 7th day work that is related to healing acts of kindness, saving life, teaching Holy Bible on the Sabbath is all part in honoring the Sabbath as seen in the Gospels Luke 13:10-16. Seeing it is a day of rest and a day to keep holy then any work that is of a common nature is to be refrained from doing E.g. Careers (Working for money, buying or selling), Cooking & any work that would not lead to you from resting and keeping the day holy.

Isaiah 58:13-14 KJV "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the LORD honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words, Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD."

3) What is the mark of the beast: The Mark of the Beast (Beast is symbolic for a kingdom like in Daniel 7), is the mark of the ecclesiastical authority for the last day kingdom that was foretold to come in many parts in the Holy Bible, in particularly Daniel 2 about the statue of a man with feet mix with iron and miry clay, Daniel 7 about the 4th beast with teeth of iron and a little horn coming up among the horns which plucked up 3 horns.

What is the mark of the beast: The Mark of the Beast | Bible Study Guides | Amazing Facts

I do not agree with the idea that the mark of the beast is Sunday worship which you seem to be saying.

That is strictly a 7th Day Advan. teaching and is not found in the Bible unless you read it into the Bible.

The Scriptures in the Revelation tell us the The mark of the beast is the mark or identifying sign of Antichrists' empire.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I do not agree with the idea that the mark of the beast is Sunday worship which you seem to be saying.

That is strictly a 7th Day Advan. teaching and is not found in the Bible unless you read it into the Bible.

The Scriptures in the Revelation tell us the The mark of the beast is the mark or identifying sign of Antichrists' empire.

The eschatology of the SDA is curious, at best.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.