How does one correctly keep the Sabbath according to SDA doctrine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I want you to please understand that from what you have posted and what has been shown to you does not confirm that YOU understand the Bible.

From your own words you have shown that YOU believe the SDA doctrine's more than you do the Word of God and I say that with all due respect to you as an individual.

Now, the so called "inspired prophet" Ellen White originally claimed the Pope started "Sunday worship" White later changed her mind and said the Emperor Constantine introduced "Sunday worship" in 325 AD. Today, Adventists blame the interaction of Sunday worship on Christians in 135 AD and not the Pope or Constantine!

ALL THREE ARE WRONG!

The truth: Apostles in 33 AD introduced Sunday worship.

That FACT is found In Acts 20:7 and 1 Cor 16:1-2, for irrefutable historical proof!

NOW, do you accept that because you said ……….
"Nothing in the bible is of secondary interest, nor do I dismiss any of it. I read and take into account all of the bible".

So then, having been shown the Word of God compared to the THREE GUESS by the SDA, who do you now accept???????

The Apostles certainly never introduced Sunday worship! Your posting of Act 7 is something I have already addressed twice!! Obviously, you do not read either. Again:

This is a meeting that was started on the first day of the week and conti9on ued till midnight, and resumed after the resurrection of Eutychus, until the morning. They broke bread twice---which means they ate twice. This began at the beginning of the 1st day which begins at sundown Sat. night. They met after Sabbath Sat. night. They ate. Paul preached till midnight, Eutychus fell dead and was resurrected then Paul resumed speaking after they had eaten again. It tells right in verse 7 why they were gathered.

Act 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Paul was going on a lengthy voyage and they met to eat and be together and He preached all night and into the morning, all being on the 1st day of the week. Nowhere does this say it was a Sabbath worship. It was a bon voyage get together!

Afterwards Paul and some friends "went to ship." They walked to his boat, and got into the boat and traveled, something Paul would not have done on a Sabbath.

1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
1Co 16:3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.

This is very clear---there was a church in need of funds and Paul send orders ahead for everyone to set aside money for him to take to those people in order tol not waste time when he got there with collecting. This says nothing about Sunday get together for worship!
"And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem."

Paul would send the mopney with the peop0le that they had chosen to take it to Jerusalem. They were not passing the plater at a Sunday worship service! Quite the opposite, they were gsthering the money on a Sunday then sending it to Jerusalem.

You guys keep reading what yhou want into these poassages instead of reading the oassages actually say.

That it was the order of Constantine to compel Sunday as a day of worship is quite simply undeniable historic fact. Though once again you are blabbering on without posting any documentation---but then you guys never do, you just open mouth and insert foot.

The text of Constantine's Sunday Law of 321 A.D. is :

"One the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for gain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost. (Given the 7th day of March, Crispus and Constantine being consuls each of them the second time." Codex Justinianus, lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; translated in History of the Christian Church, Philip Schaff, D.D., (7-vol.ed.) Vol. III, p.380. New York, 1884

This is what the Catholics claim about the Sunday/Question:

The early Church did not move the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. Instead “The Sabbath, which represented the completion of the first creation, has been replaced by Sunday, which recalls the new creation inaugurated by the Resurrection of Christ” (CCC 2190). Sunday is the day Catholics are bound to keep, not Saturday.
Did the Early Church Move the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday?

Q. Which is the Sabbath Day?

A. Saturday is the Sabbath Day.

Q. Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.

Q. Why did the Catholic Church substitute Sunday for Saturday?

A. The Church substituted Sunday for Saturday, because Christ rose from the dead on a Sunday, and the Holy Ghost descended upon the Apostles on a Sunday.
Q. By what authority did the Church substitute Sunday for Saturday?

A. The Church substituted Sunday for Saturday by the plenitude of that divine power which Jesus Christ bestowed upon her.

Q. What does the Third Commandment command?

A. The Third Commandment commands us to sanctify Sunday as the Lord’s Day.

The day of the Resurrection: the new creation

2174 Jesus rose from the dead "on the first day of the week."104 Because it is the "first day," the day of Christ's Resurrection recalls the first creation. Because it is the "eighth day" following the sabbath,105 it symbolizes the new creation ushered in by Christ's Resurrection. For Christians it has become the first of all days, the first of all feasts, the Lord's Day (he dies dominica) Sunday:

We all gather on the day of the sun, for it is the first day [after the Jewish sabbath, but also the first day] when God, separating matter from darkness, made the world; and on this same day Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead.106

Catechism of the Catholic Church - IntraText

Catholic American Sentinel (June 1893): "Sunday...It is a law of the Catholic Church alone..."
“The Question Box,” The Catholic Universe Bulletin (August 14, 1942): 4: "The (Catholic) Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her Founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday."
“Most Christians assume that Sunday is the biblically approved day of worship. The Catholic Church protests that it transferred Christian worship from the biblical Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday, and that to try to argue that the change was made in the Bible is both dishonest and a denial of Catholic authority. If Protestantism wants to base its teachings only on the Bible, it should worship on Saturday.” Rome’s Challenge www.immaculateheart.com/maryonline Dec 2003.
“Is not every Christian obliged to sanctify Sunday and to abstain on that day from unnecessary servile work? Is not the observance of this law among the most prominent of our sacred duties? But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify.” James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers (1917 edition), p. 72-73 (16th Edition, p 111; 88th Edition, p. 89)

“For example, nowhere in the Bible do we find that Christ or the Apostles ordered that the Sabbath be changed from Saturday to Sunday. We have the commandment of God given to Moses to keep holy the Sabbath day, that is the 7th day of the week, Saturday. Today most Christians keep Sunday because it has been revealed to us by the [Roman Catholic] church outside the Bible.” Catholic Virginian, October 3, 1947, p. 9, article “To Tell You the Truth.”

“Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. ‘The day of the Lord’ was chosen, not from any direction noted in the Scriptures, but from the (Catholic) Church’s sense of its own power...People who think that the Scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy.” St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.

Having been shown the truth about Sunday/ Sabbath---whom do you now accept---the authority of the Catholic Church or the Authority of Almighty God?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I did say that, and still do. What I did not say is y0ur misrepresentation of that.

You twist my words in an effort to try and make me look foolish somehow, and it is not working, you only are making yourself look foolish for you do not seem to comprehend English very well. Tiresome.

Okay, let's take a step back and I will ask you a few direct questions because you have given conflicting opinions on these issues during our discussion. The questions are as follow:

1. How many of the 613 commandments which are given in the Old Testament does God expect you to obey?
2. If your answer is less than 613, why are you not expected to obey the others?
3. Does the Bible have specific lists of Moral Commandments and of Ceremonial Commandments? Of so, please provide the biblical references where these commandments are enumerated as such.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Okay, let's take a step back and I will ask you a few direct questions because you have given conflicting opinions on these issues during our discussion. The questions are as follow:

1. How many of the 613 commandments which are given in the Old Testament does God expect you to obey?
2. If your answer is less than 613, why are you not expected to obey the others?
3. Does the Bible have specific lists of Moral Commandments and of Ceremonial Commandments? Of so, please provide the biblical references where these commandments are enumerated as such.

Read the last 4 posts on this same question!!! READ!!!

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Read the last 4 posts on this same question!!! READ!!!

All you need to do is answer to these simple, direct questions. If you had been consistent on them I would not have asked for specific clarification. Once again, please answer these three questions.

3. Does the Bible have specific lists of Moral Commandments and of Ceremonial Commandments? If so, please provide the biblical references where these commandments are enumerated as such.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
All you need to do is answer to these simple, direct questions. If you had been consistent on them I would not have asked for specific clarification. Once again, please answer these three questions.

3. Does the Bible have specific lists of Moral Commandments and of Ceremonial Commandments? If so, please provide the biblical references where these commandments are enumerated as such.

I have answered the same questions now several times and you do not read, yuou do not comorehend, you do not see---whatever the reason, you keep asking the same thing allready answered---what is wrong with you?

ANYTHING THAT POINTED TO CHRIST IN THE CEREMONIAL LAWS WERE DONE AWAY AT THE CROSS FOR HE FILLFILLED THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB AND THE HIGH PRIEST ROLES.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
OK____I am not sure why you are pretending to not have had an answer to your oft repeated same questions, but I do know that I am not going to waste any further time with you. Perhaps you need to have someone older, perhaps a parent, or grandparent to explain this to you. I refuse to continue you silly little game any further, have fun---ignorance is bliss and you all are just supremely, blissful!! I am unwatching this thread and ignoring you guys from here on out! Your answers are repeated on here several times---go back and read them. GOODBYE!!

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
OK____I am not sure why you are pretending to not have had an answer to your oft repeated same questions, but I do know that I am not going to waste any further time with you. Perhaps you need to have someone older, perhaps a parent, or grandparent to explain this to you. I refuse to continue you silly little game any further, have fun---ignorance is bliss and you all are just supremely, blissful!! I am unwatching this thread and ignoring you guys from here on out! Your answers are repeated on here several times---go back and read them. GOODBYE!!

Well, I suppose that is the end of that. We now know without the slightest doubt that no SDA has ever kept the Sabbath according to the commandments given by God in the Old Testament.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Really? Pray tell, what is the seal of the beast? The lack of the Holy Spirit? And how can you tell? Since only God would be able to see the Hoy Spirit.

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

It is not an inner seal, for no man can actually see the Holy Spirit, and people must be able to see this seal in order for them to buy or sell, and it must be obvious for those who have the seal of God so that they can not buy or sell. So, what is it?
The seal of God is the Holy Spirit, as per Paul, and trust him far more then EW!

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just remember that the good news is the Gospel of jesus, as by Paul. and not as by EW!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not a thing---responding to foolish question is all.
"For example, why is kindling a fire on the Sabbath no longer of any significance, but what Mrs. White tells you to eat is?"

Scriptures say that Jesus performed miracles of healing on the Sabbath, in Matt. 12:10 and Mark 3:2 as well as John 9:14-16.

Did He break the Sabbath law?

Is starting a fire not as bad as healing on the Sabbath?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The seal of God is the Holy Spirit, as per Paul, and trust him far more then EW!
Just remember that the good news is the Gospel of jesus, as by Paul. and not as by EW!

What?---I got to put you on ignore too?? How many times do I have to tell you that our doctrines are from the bible! Everyone of them. People who can not prove their theories shouldn't be declaring them!! All you guys have managed to do is show your ignorance of basic facts!! If you all were at all acquainted with either the bible or history, you wouldn't be making the statements you do nor asking the questions you repeatedly post and can't comprehend the simple answers to---done here---got better things to do with my time than argue with a brick wall! And the longer I live---the more I see that EGW was absolutely right about everything she said---of which you guys are sadly unaware. You, unknowingly, have proved her right! Thanks!

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love 5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight 9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States