• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How do creationists test their ideas?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by pitabread, Apr 28, 2019.

1. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Like is said star trek is a real movie tv show so the world that exist in that movie show is real in the context.

I do not believe (but actually there may be someone some where) people consider consider the Bible a movie or tv show. The Bible accurately (in areas it speaks about) describes Gods creation. If you do not believe there is a God, that is an issue between you and that belief or lack of belief.

So if you are trying to prove to me that God does not exist using an star trek analogy, you might as well move on to another person.

2. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    As this video demonstrates:

... moonlight is proprietary light.
    Sorry. I don't speak in tongues.

That's why I'm a KJVO.

If I have to abandon the English language to back up a point I'm making, the point I'm making isn't worth backing up.
    I'm going to disagree with that.

I'm sure those living in the days of the Old Testament knew about the universe long before academia came along and sowed their tares into it.

It used to be you could point to Psalm 19 to get someone to consider God by considering the universe.

Now what you see is mostly tares.
    Astronomy is one science that isn't too proud to shoot itself in the foot and rig a vote to get what it's after.

That's how Pluto got demoted.

Makes you wonder how many other science disciplines do the same thing.

3. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+9,819
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    No one here is trying to prove to you that God does not exist. It can't be done, anyway, as the existence of God is not a falsifiable proposition. Consequently, nothing that science has discovered or even potentially could discover can disprove the existence of God.

The literal inerrancy of the Genesis creation accounts is another kind of thing altogether. The Star Wars analogy was in aid of explaining why the mention of real persons and events in the Bible does not guarantee the literal inerrancy of the entire text.

4. tas8831

tas8831 Well-Known Member

+3,417
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    The simple answer to the thread title question is that they basically don't.

5. driewerf

driewerf a day at the Zoo

+253
    Atheist
    Married
    I find creationists struggling with answering questions at all If needed be, creationists even change the question you ask, below is a prime example:
    Question For Flood Believers
    Or another example:

Listen to the exchange from 11:30 to 17:15

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  6. driewerf

+253
    Atheist
    Married
    Where is that hell? Can you show me the way?

7. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You'll follow science anywhere, won't you?

8. driewerf

+253
    Atheist
    Married
    That doesn't maater.
    Is hell a real place? If yes, where is it?

9. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes, Hell is a real place.

It could be in the center of the earth, or in another dimension, or on another planet, or wherever God put it.

10. driewerf

+253
    Atheist
    Married
    So i can go there, while I am a life.

11. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    What science dealt yesterday, it shovels today.

12. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes, unfortunately.

Or did you mean, while you're "alive"?

No ... you can't go there while you're alive on earth.

13. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter

+2,787
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Where God is not.

Revelation 21:8 gives some pretty good directions.

You may think you're there at times, but you're not... it's the second death. Also Revelation 21:8

14. driewerf

+253
    Atheist
    Married
    Thanks for the correction. My English can still be improved.
    Why can"t I go there while still alive? If it's a real place I can go there.

15. Aman777

Aman777 Christian

+572
    Baptist
    Because recent scientific discoveries have confirmed what God told us in Genesis. God told us it would be this way in the last days before Jesus returns. The next event on God's calendar is the Rapture.

Then refute me. That's all I ask. Another poster is falsely accusing me on another thread claiming that I have been proven wrong many times BUT, like others, he has NO proof of his false assertion. Do you?

16. Aman777

Aman777 Christian

+572
    Baptist
    I have 10 instances of agreement between Genesis, science, history and genetics. No one has been able to explain a single one of them since NO man of the time could have possibly known:

5. Genesis 1:1 correctly shows that Water was not created but came out of Heaven/air.

Coincidence? I have more.

17. VirOptimus

VirOptimus A nihilist who cares.

+2,585
    Atheist
    Married
    Woosh!

18. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Because it's off-limits to potential children of God.

19. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+9,419
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    But the question isn't about science and scientists, but how creationists settle differences amongst themselves. What tools and methods do they use to differentiate between the different models?

20. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We learn to live with our differences.

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

We realize we're going to have differences until Jesus comes back.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

We realize we're not alone in having differences:

Acts 15:39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
    Acts 15:40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

1 Corinthians 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

1 Corinthians 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?