• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How do creationists test their ideas?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by pitabread, Apr 28, 2019.

1. New Birth

New Birth Well-Known Member

+196
    United States
    Oneness
    Married
    The simple answer is.
    compare the scenarios to what the bible actually says about creation, ages of individuals, genealogies etc. and do the math.

Whomever is closest to what the bible says has the more accurate position.

It has nothing to do with science and everything to do with the Christian's belief that the bible is the authority.

2. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+9,688
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    But not all Christians agree on what the authority has to say on the subject.

3. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Like the Second Amendment?

4. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+1,169
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I thought about changing mine to "Easter Worshipper".

5. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    It was our antagonists who called us "Christians."

Technically we're "saints."

You should see the look on Catholic faces, when I tell them I'm a saint.

6. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    That is what i thought, just another christian who does not believe Gods full creation account in the Bible.
    Keep trying to make the Bible match up with sciences lies.

7. d taylor

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I understand this persons attempt, to this person who does not believe in God to begin with. She is equating the fantasy world of star trek with the Bible. To her the Bible is fiction these people in the Bible are not real people they are part of literature and fictions, like the characters in star trek. And the creation accounts are fictitious writings of primitive people. because she has the so great science world giving all the answers.

So i will not enter into an analogy discussion just to play a debate game.

8. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You lost me there, chief.

Did I say something that goes against one jot or tittle of Genesis 1?

If I did, shame on me.

9. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+7,208
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    We've already had this discussion as well. You don't understand the burden of proof. It's not on us to refute you. It's on you to substantiate your ideas.

And from what I've seen, you don't do that. Ergo, there is no reason to take anything you say seriously.

10. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+7,208
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    With an attitude like that, I can see why you call yourself a creationist.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  11. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+3,017
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    The Bible is just a book, so show that the world in the book is the same as the real world we live in.

Star Trek accurately speaks about many things as well. If the Bible saying accurate things means that the Bible describes the real world, then shouldn't Star Trek saying accurate things mean it is talking about the real world as well?

I'm just showing that the exact same reasoning that you are using to show that the Bible is true can be used to show that Star Trek is true.

12. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+3,017
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    lol, this old argument again? It's been refuted countless times.

13. d taylor

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    If you actually believe the creation account in the Bible why are you stating that God created a universe (a lie of science), why would you post a video, where in that video it states the sun is 93 millions miles away (a lie of science).
    The Bible states the great light were created to give light on the earth. They are placed in the raqia for that purpose. The raqia is not outer space, it is the same area that birds fly (across the face of) Genesis 1:20. Known as the sky or 1st heaven.

So you are opposed, to using words that the original language, the Bible was written in.
    English is not an inspired language of the Bible.
    raqia is a word used in the Bible in english it is translated as: an extended surface, expanse, dome, firmament
    The first mention of raqia is in Genesis 1:6

14. d taylor

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I see everyday (or most days) what is described in the Bible.
    I see the sun moving over the earth giving light on the earth, i see the created light, the moon giving off its light on to the earth. I see the stars moving in their course through the raqia.

As the Bible states the raqia shows His handiwork. When i look up at the raqia, i see Gods creation the sun, moon and stars (that includes the stars known by their pagan names saturn, venus, mars, jupiter)

15. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+3,017
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    And I see the moon, my friends in San Francisco, New Orleans, just as Star Trek speaks about those places. I see that Star Trek predicted when the first manned lunar landing mission would be launched - exactly correct! I see that Star Trek predicted computer voice interfaces and tablet computers and wearable technology long before it was actually developed. And you tell me Star Trek isn't real? If it's not real, how could it make such accurate predictions?

16. Jimmy D

Jimmy D Well-Known Member

+4,857
    Atheist
    Married
    Wow, any time accusations are made about creation "science" being ignored or excluded by the "mainstream" this thread should be referred to.

It's not even pseudoscience.

17. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    So what occupies 2nd heaven?

And if the sun and moon are in our atmosphere, can we go there in a shuttle?

18. d taylor

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Ok since we are using a Bible / star trek comparison.
    Did the star trek tv/movie/ or what ever it is. Just burst into existence and one day appear on the tv back in 1966 out of thin air.
    Or did star trek have a creator. Just wondering since we are making comparisons.

So if star trek has a creator the Bible has a creator correct.

19. d taylor

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I know Paul went to the third heaven and i would think that is where Jesus/The Father is . So the second heaven could be where all believers are now until their coming back to earth.

Do you really think God would allow people to go there. He stopped the tower of babel. And that may be the highest, man has ever been (again except for Paul).

20. HitchSlap

HitchSlap Burn the torch!

+5,000
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Yes!