• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How do creationists test their ideas?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by pitabread, Apr 28, 2019.

1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    None of the above.
    The Bible.

2. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then why is someone asking how it can be tested?

3. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+1,171
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Been awhile since I checked the science boards. The last time I was on I think you were in the Anglican Church, now it says you are other religion. What religion did you join (If you don't want to share, np) NM, AV told me what's up.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  4. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    QV please:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    The star saturn (the pagans name for Gods created star).

Are you talking about science fake one or the real one created by God.

6. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,727
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    It's intrinsic...no "whom", as per my tree example.

A tree has intrinsic value.
    Lumber cut from that tree does not.

7. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+3,017
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    No, I'm saying the Popcorn Imp is responsible for the sorting. The fact that the popcorn is ALWAYS sorted like this is all the proof you need.

8. VirOptimus

VirOptimus A nihilist who cares.

+2,584
    Atheist
    Married
    Thats nonsense, value demands an agent who can attest to it.

9. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+7,225
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    This might come as a shock to you, but the Sun and Moon (as physical objects) exist outside of the Bible. ;)

Regardless, the mere existence of the Sun and Moon does entail that anything actually written in the Bible about them is true. That is post-hoc reasoning and it's a fallacy.

The Sun neither moves over the Earth nor is the Moon a light. I think you're a bit stuck there.

10. pitabread

+7,225
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    This is fair. That said, there are a lot of creationists that insist the age of the Earth can be derived from the Bible. The question is how one determines if they are correct or not.

11. pitabread

+7,225
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    That is not a coherent answer to the question of how one determines something.

This is also not a coherent answer to a question of methodology.

12. pitabread

+7,225
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Okay. So what would you say to a creationist who thinks the universe is only ~6000 years old? How would you demonstrate that it is 13.8 billion years old?

How do you determine that you have the correct interpretation of events as written in the Bible versus how they interpret events in the Bible?

13. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+400
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    If the Bible said the ocean was red, i have the perfect right to see if that is true and to look at the ocean to see if the Bible is true in that regard.

If you are so hard up for a got you, then take it, it does not matter to me, i am not the one trying to defend lies of science about Gods creation.

14. pitabread

+7,225
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Which entails using outside information to confirm the Bible. This, despite what you claimed earlier which was, "The Bible needs no outside conformation[sic]".

So which is it? Do you need outside confirmation or not?

Well apparently it does matter to you since you keep replying to this thread.

I'm just trying to understand how creationists confirm their ideas. So far from your posts I've received contradictions and post-hoc fallacies.

15. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then your OP is vague.

You gave five scenarios, none of which is right.

I assumed you wanted me to pick one of the five.

What specifically is your question?

Creationism is my forte, and I love discussing it.

16. pitabread

+7,225
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    How would creationists determine which is the correct view of Earth's history? What methodology would creationists apply to determine this?

Now if you believe "none of the above", that's fine. But the heart of the question is how you determine this. IOW, how would you show that all of those scenarios are incorrect?

And simply answering "The Bible" is not answering how.

17. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+3,017
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Star Trek says the moon is real, as well as Mars.

Does that mean that everything else that Star Trek says is true too?

18. AV1611VET

+40,432
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then I predict you won't get a satisfactory answer.

It's a shame that, despite the fact that God tells us what He did, how He did it, where He did it, when He did it, what order He did it in, how long it took Him to do it, why it took Him that long, what He thought of what He did, who the eyewitness were (some by name) and how they reacted, science isn't satisfied.

19. Aman777

Aman777 Christian

+572
    Baptist
    I would tell them that the Hebrew and Ussher dating is false since we STILL live on the present 6th Day at Genesis 1:27 because God is STILL creating sinners in Christ Spiritually. We will not advance to the prophecy of Genesis 1:28-31 until after Jesus returns to our Earth, a future event at the end of the present 6th Day/Age in the creation and filling God's perfect Heaven with perfect people, made perfect in Christ.

God told Daniel how to hide His Truth until the last days when the "increased knowledge" of our time would unlock the mysteries of Genesis. Daniel 12:4 God hid His scientific Truth in Genesis more than 3k years ago and when it's found, you notice that it AGREES in every way with every other discovered Truth. When you read Genesis for what it actually says, you will find that it's NOT the traditional story which ancient people thought it was.

20. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+3,017
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Except God didn't tell you.

You have a book that you have been told is God telling. But that doesn't mean that the claims of the people who told you the Bible is the word of God are real.