How can anyone justify not believing in capital punishment?

Did Christ not say to love one another? Turn your other cheek? When Judas betrayed Christ and his disciple struck one of the guards with a knife. Did Christ tell them to kill them? Condemning may not be the word I'd use. Now that you bring it up Lets talk of interpretation of Scripture, who wrote the Scripture and of what context it was written based of the times/culture.

Upvote 0
I was ecstatic when I heard of that inhumane monster, Osama Bin Laden, was killed by U.S. forces-finally! :thumbsup:

And then I think of despicable bleeding heart liberals and their namby pamby fairlyland beliefs of never killing anyone. Could you imagine capturing such a monster as Bin Laden and just letting him live in jail for the rest of his life? There is no other punishment suitable for him that death. The same with serial killers and other terrorists and such.

How can any reasonable person not agree with punishing people like Osama with death?

You really should get rid of that cross under your avatar. Just a suggestion: read that bible you own. You do own one, don't you?

Upvote 0

MysteriumFidei

Church Militant
Oct 3, 2011
✟15,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
166mm said:
You really should get rid of that cross under your avatar. Just a suggestion: read that bible you own. You do own one, don't you?

I understand his anger but we can never, as a Christian people, celebrate the death of another human being. His judgment is between him and God. I still hold fast to the belief that suspects and criminals will never learn their lesson if they're dead.

We have an obligation to try and rehabilitate people and show them the love of Christ. If we constantly hate people, how will we ever be able to evangelize and show them the truth of His Church?

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why shouldnt she spend her life in prison instead of killing her? Christ welcomed people from all walks of life. He didn't command death of all the sinners he encountered. Maybe she can find redemption through repentance instead of condemnation through death.
Execution is not killing or murder, it is justice. Well, the crime was committed in 1991, and the only thing she is sorry for is dismembering her husband. What about the victim's family? Does the daughter not deserve some closure? When you condemn capital punishment, you are condemn the Old Testament God of the Bible, because God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Read your OT.

Upvote 0

LOCO

Church Militant
Jun 29, 2011
✟16,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I understand his anger but we can never, as a Christian people, celebrate the death of another human being. His judgment is between him and God. I still hold fast to the belief that suspects and criminals will never learn their lesson if they're dead.

We have an obligation to try and rehabilitate people and show them the love of Christ. If we constantly hate people, how will we ever be able to evangelize and show them the truth of His Church?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

LOCO

Church Militant
Jun 29, 2011
✟16,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why shouldnt she spend her life in prison instead of killing her? Christ welcomed people from all walks of life. He didn't command death of all the sinners he encountered. Maybe she can find redemption through repentance instead of condemnation through death.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Execution is not killing or murder, it is justice. Well, the crime was committed in 1991, and the only thing she is sorry for is dismembering her husband. What about the victim's family? Does the daughter not deserve some closure? When you condemn capital punishment, you are condemn the Old Testament God of the Bible, because God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Read your OT.

We are commanded not to use evil against evil.

Life spent confined, without prison bonuses or perks, is justice.

Respect for those who have lost ones due to murder is covered in scripture.

Often it is said we ask Him to forgive us millions of times over; therefore, we seek to forgive others both the smallest incidences and those that are the most unforgivable.

From a secular point of view, the AMA advises physicians not to be party to any state execution.

Upvote 0

FundamentalistJohn

Feb 23, 2008
✟8,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Did you really write "Execution is not killing..." So those who are executed don't end up dead?

Let me ask, in not executing adulterers or rebellious children are we also condemning the Old Testament God of the Bible?

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Did you really write "Execution is not killing..." So those who are executed don't end up dead?

Killing is akin to murder. Execution is not murder.

Let me ask, in not executing adulterers or rebellious children are we also condemning the Old Testament God of the Bible?

Acts 5:1 - But a man named Ananias, with his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property,
Acts 5:2 - and kept back some of the price for himself, with his wife's full knowledge, and bringing a portion of it, he laid it at the apostles' feet.
Acts 5:3 - But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?
Acts 5:4 - "While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."
Acts 5:5 - And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last; and great fear came over all who heard of it.
Acts 5:6 - The young men got up and covered him up, and after carrying him out, they buried him.
Acts 5:7 - Now there elapsed an interval of about three hours, and his wife came in, not knowing what had happened.
Acts 5:8 - And Peter responded to her, "Tell me whether you sold the land for such and such a price?" And she said, "Yes, that was the price."
Acts 5:9 - Then Peter said to her, "Why is it that you have agreed together to put the Spirit of the Lord to the test? Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out as well."
Acts 5:10 - And immediately she fell at his feet and breathed her last, and the young men came in and found her dead, and they carried her out and buried her beside her husband.
Acts 5:11 - And great fear came over the whole church, and over all who heard of these things. [NASB]

So Peter murders liars, is that how you see it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Killing is akin to murder. Execution is not murder.

I have heard someone say to kill is ok because it is not murder. To kill in self defense may have been his line of thinking.

Life taking is not to be exercised. Funny. Parties of power will exercise near life taking controls on individuals as a form of authority; I suppose the authority would not be there if the life were lost.

So Peter murders liars, is that how you see it?

Peter did not take their lives; Jehovah was responsible for their lives being taken. Peter witnessed their lives being taken.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have heard someone say to kill is ok because it is not murder. To kill in self defense may have been his line of thinking.

Life taking is not to be exercised. Funny. Parties of power will exercise near life taking controls on individuals as a form of authority; I suppose the authority would not be there if the life were lost.

Peter did not take their lives; Jehovah was responsible for their lives being taken. Peter witnessed their lives being taken.
Provide a scripture to back up your claim please. Since Peter's shadow could heal and he could raise people from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit, why could his words not take a life without lifting a hand?

In any event, Peter lived in a theocratic government. We do not. All faiths have participated in wars, killing others who themselves might be Christians. So were those soldiers murderers?

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Faith man, who wrote the ot? Of what culture was it written around? The same people who thought crucifying christ to a cross was the God's will. Don't misread the Bible. Yes he is the God of past present and future but zoom out a bit. Read your new testament.
And don't quote the Bible out of context. Do not blame the Jewish people for what their religious leaders did trying to hold on to their influence with Rome. This is how bigotry against the Jewish people is justified.

Matthew 11:27 - "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son, except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. [NASB]

Jesus and the Father are one, of one essence, as is the Holy Spirit. Don't try to separate the Old Testament from the New.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As for the families closure, yes that's a horrible event to have happen. Christ did not teach eye for an eye. Their closure should be sought through God's healing touch. I will pray for the family.
But the Son and the Father will not have conflicting teachings.

Mark 3:25 - "And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. [NASB 1977]

The Son and the Father are of one essence. They would not disagree on the OT. Jesus came not to replace the OT, but to fulfill it.

Upvote 0