Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You always use and stand by this verse but that is about this present age and more about the sabbath and the fact that God rested on the 7th.

Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."
Exodus 20:11 tells us the exact same thing as Genesis 2:1-3. It’s actually a paraphrase of Genesis 2:1-3. Is Genesis 2:1-3 about the creation process?

Reactions: Rev20
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2:3 "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.

Yes, some creating did go on in this present age as in male, female, animals, etc but that doesn't take away from the fact that in the beginning he created the heaven and the earth. And in that span there were angels created, a rebellion, etc. all before day one. We have no idea how long that time period was.
“Some creating did go on”? Is that what Genesis 2:3 says? You need to read it more closely because the verse you posted says “He rested from ALL His work which He created and made”, not some of it.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
but that doesn't take away from the fact that in the beginning he created the heaven and the earth. And in that span there were angels created, a rebellion, etc. all before day one. We have no idea how long that time period was.
This isn’t stated anywhere in the Bible. The heavens mentioned in Genesis 1:1 is not God’s kingdom, it’s the universe. The angels could’ve rebelled before creation or they could’ve rebelled within the 130 after Adam’s creation before the fall. We don’t know when it took place other than it took place before Adam was 130 years old. It’s certainly not stated that the fall of the angels took place after creation. If you have found a verse that supports this I would be very interested in seeing it unless your going to start quoting from Enoch which is an apocryphal book and not considered an inspired writing. Perhaps your getting confused because of the movie “Noah” with Russel Crowe that is based on the book of Enoch.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But we are given a time frame for the creation of the heavens and the earth in Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:11.
I'm talking about at that point in the scriptures. In verse one it states God created the heaven and the earth period. The angels and that entire span have to be included in that. There's nothing about them being created in the 7 day period of this present age. They weren't always here. The angels and Satan were created as well. And that would be verse one.

But what does God mean by "heaven" in Genesis 1?
It can mean both.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This isn’t stated anywhere in the Bible. The heavens mentioned in Genesis 1:1 is not God’s kingdom, it’s the universe. The angels could’ve rebelled before creation or they could’ve rebelled within the 130 after Adam’s creation before the fall. We don’t know when it took place other than it took place before Adam was 130 years old. It’s certainly not stated that the fall of the angels took place after creation. If you have found a verse that supports this I would be very interested in seeing it unless your going to start quoting from Enoch which is an apocryphal book and not considered an inspired writing. Perhaps your getting confused because of the movie “Noah” with Russel Crowe that is based on the book of Enoch.
Never seen it.

And you and I see Genesis 1:1 differently. I see it as the actual beginning of everything and you don't. So we will never see to eye on this.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“He rested from ALL His work which He created and made”, not some of it.
He did rest from all his work which he created and made during that 6th day period. Not disputing that but again I do believe it was a restorative process (made) with some creation involved yes.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not arguing that the Bible has to agree with the science on all matters. I certainly don't believe in evolution and Gen 8:22 tells me I don't have to worry about the climate. But I don't think the Bible disputes the science on the age of the earth.
Except that science says man wasn’t created in the beginning but instead way at the very end.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Never seen it.

And you and I see Genesis 1:1 differently. I see it as the actual beginning of everything and you don't. So we will never see to eye on this.
Both Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:11 specifically tell us when the heavens and the earth were created.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Never seen it.

Then where are you getting this idea that the angels had to have rebelled after creation?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He did rest from all his work which he created and made during that 6th day period. Not disputing that but again I do believe it was a restorative process (made) with some creation involved yes.
No that’s not what the verse says. I keep showing you how many contradictions your interpretation has, why do you refuse to accept them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you thinking that “the heavens” in Genesis 1:1
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Genesis 22:15 "And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,"

Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

Joshua 2:11 "And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the Lord your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath."

All are the same Hebrew word for heaven. It can mean both, the sky and much higher to where God/angels reside.

Except that science says man wasn’t created in the beginning but instead way at the very end.
I agree, flesh man was not created until this present age.
Then where are you getting this idea that the angels had to have rebelled after creation?
Because I believe Genesis 1:1 is the actual beginning -creation of heaven, angels, earth-everything. So the angels would have to have rebelled after verse 1. In the beginning God created the heaven and earth period. That's not day one, this is before day one of this present age. I believe that's the actual beginning when the angels were created along with the heaven and earth.

The angels are not part of the 7 day process of of this present age so it stands to reason the rebellion took place after verse one. I believe the earth became void (wasteland covered in water) and without form and then God started again with "Let there be light". That's what I and many others believe. We see that in the scriptures when we take the bible as a whole. I don't see Exodus 20:11 disputing that. Again that verse is more about the sabbath and God resting from all the work he created and "made" which again can mean furnish, finish, dress etc. You see it otherwise.

No that’s not what the verse says
It states

Genesis 2:2 "And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made."

Genesis 2:3 "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made."

Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Both words are utilized.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. We don’t know when God created Heaven and His Kingdom is always referred to as Heaven, not the heavens.
I believe it's verse one at the beginning and you don't. Again, that's why we will never see eye to eye on this.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm talking about at that point in the scriptures. In verse one it states God created the heaven and the earth period. The angels and that entire span have to be included in that. There's nothing about them being created in the 7 day period of this present age. They weren't always here. The angels and Satan were created as well. And that would be verse one.
No that’s not what it says. The Bible never mentions when the angels were created. The only thing verse one says is when the heavens and the earth were made. Yeah the angels are created beings but the Bible never says when they were made. We only know they were made before Adam was 130 years old because we know that satan tempted Eve in the garden of Eden and we know that Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born. Before that we have no timeline of when the fall took place or when the angels were created. The angels could’ve fallen before creation or they could’ve fallen after creation before the fall of man. That’s all the Bible tells us. Nowhere is it mentioned when the angels were created or when they fell.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It can mean both.
Ok fine if you want to believe that the angels were created in Genesis 1:1 that’s fine but you still have 130 years for them to fall before the fall could’ve taken place which is still plenty of time for that to happen. So that means that there doesn’t have to be 4 billion years between the creation of the heavens and the earth and the fall of man.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because I believe Genesis 1:1 is the actual beginning -creation of heaven, angels, earth-everything. So the angels would have to have rebelled after verse 1. In the beginning God created the heaven and earth period. That's not day one, this is before day one of this present age. I believe that's the actual beginning when the angels were created along with the heaven and earth.
Why couldn’t the angels rebel on day 2 or day 3 or anytime before Adam was 130 years old? We only know that satan was in a fallen state when he tempted Eve in the garden. We don’t know how much time had passed before that took place. As I’ve said over and over that could’ve happened anytime before Adam was 130 years old. Why do you think the angels had to have fallen before day 2?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The angels are not part of the 7 day process of of this present age so it stands to reason the rebellion took place after verse one. I believe the earth became void (wasteland covered in water) and without form and then God started again with "Let there be light". That's what I and many others believe. We see that in the scriptures when we take the bible as a whole. I don't see Exodus 20:11 disputing that. Again that verse is more about the sabbath and God resting from all the work he created and "made" which again can mean furnish, finish, dress etc. You see it otherwise.
This idea that Exodus 20:11 is more about the sabbath is completely irrelevant. The fact is that Exodus 20:11 says the same exact thing as Genesis 2:1-3 which is absolutely about the creation process. So you can write off Exodus 20:11 if you want but there’s still Genesis 2:1-3 that says the same exact thing and your trying to dismiss that verse by saying that God didn’t create everything during that time frame when the passage actually says that He rested from ALL that He created and made. And you still have the problem with death entering into the world before the fall of Adam.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Genesis 22:15 "And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,"

Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

Joshua 2:11 "And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the Lord your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath."

All are the same Hebrew word for heaven. It can mean both, the sky and much higher to where God/angels reside.

I agree, flesh man was not created until this present age.

It states

Genesis 2:2 "And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made."

Genesis 2:3 "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made."

Both words are utilized.
The key word here is ALL. ALL that He created and made including the heavens and the earth which is exactly what verse 1 says.

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

If I said I completed my house by the 7th day does that mean I was working on it before 7 days ago?

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2:3 "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.
I posted those verses. It states he rested from all "his work" which he created and made. Again, I never said he didn't create anything in the 7 days but I also believe he "made" things in that period. Again, made can mean many different things including furnish, dress, finish and so on.
And you still have the problem with death entering into the world before the fall of Adam.
I believe death concerns the flesh man in this present age. I don't believe men were in the flesh prior.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I posted those verses. It states he rested from all "his work" which he created and made. Again, I never said he didn't create anything in the 7 days but I also believe he "made" things in that period. Again, made can mean many different things including furnish, dress, finish and so on.

I believe death concerns the flesh man in this present age. I don't believe men were in the flesh prior.
Ok so what about the genealogy records in the Bible? Was man created 6,000 years ago or 300,000 years ago?

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok so what about the genealogy records in the Bible? Was man created 6,000 years ago or 300,000 years ago?
I believe the flesh man was created during this present age and that the genealogy records follow that.

Upvote 0