• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

horrible blasphemous thoughts

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got rid of those thoughts in a way its not allowed to be said here.

You have me curious as to how, then. ... Exorcism? That may sound sarcastic, but for a time during my own period of suffering I had seriously considered having it done. At the time I was ready to try pretty much any possible (seemingly) crazy idea.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,520.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have me curious as to how, then. ... Exorcism? That may sound sarcastic, but for a time during my own period of suffering I had seriously considered having it done. At the time I was ready to try pretty much any possible (seemingly) crazy idea.

Yes, that thing was implanting those thoughts for years and in the moment it left the thoughts stopped immediately and never came back.

But this is my testimony i'm not suggesting mental diseases and spiritual problems can be caused by demons at all or anything...

It took me years to be able to do it by myself (because it just didn't work earlier i don't know why), so it is not that easy sometimes to do it.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
is insulting God blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. it was a mistake i already punished myself and i will keep doing it to prove to God that i'm sorry i was angry at myself and it was a mistake i already said sorry
Basically, right now your mind is going to make you think that you are doing/ did/ want to do all sorts of things related to blaspheming the Holy Spirit. The best thing you can do is to keep pushing forward, to tell yourself, "Well, even if I did, all I can do is ask God to forgive me and keep moving forward."

Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Basically, right now your mind is going to make you think that you are doing/ did/ want to do all sorts of things related to blaspheming the Holy Spirit. The best thing you can do is to keep pushing forward, to tell yourself, "Well, even if I did, all I can do is ask God to forgive me and keep moving forward."
thanks for this

Upvote 0

Peggylynn

Nov 16, 2018
Lafayette Indiana
✟8,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have a question, as I am getting those unwanted blasphemous thought that is similar to what the Pharisees said to Jesus, is it a sin, I am not welcoming the thoughts and I am trying to fight it back by rebuking it but i am also scared that it might be a sin. I have also tried to look for people who God talks to to ask them if God is mad at me or to ask God to know my heart that I would not say all those things
Hi, I have suffered from the exact same thing, and would like to direct you to Grantley Morris's website, Bible Christian help. Jesus Christianity. Support & encouragement, and begin reading. It has helped me tremendously, and will help you, too, if you keep reading. It has many many pages, but is full of God's love and redemption and help.

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I have suffered from the exact same thing, and would like to direct you to Grantley Morris's website, Bible Christian help. Jesus Christianity. Support & encouragement, and begin reading. It has helped me tremendously, and will help you, too, if you keep reading. It has many many pages, but is full of God's love and redemption and help.
thanks and is it a sin that is what make me scared because i don't want to go to hell i am not sure if im save because of these thoughts that i dont want

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thanks and is it a sin that is what make me scared because i don't want to go to hell i am not sure if im save because of these thoughts that i dont want

NO, it is not a sin, Eso. You are not doing anything wrong. God is not out to get you and condemn you to hell. I am still praying for you, Sister.

Upvote 0

Peggylynn

Nov 16, 2018
Lafayette Indiana
✟8,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi dear, dear sister,
I suffer from the same thing. Your deep concern shows your love for Christ. As the responder said, God is not out to get you. Jesus shed His blood for all our sins, all of them. He is your Protector. I googled this,"blasphemous thoughts," and Grantley Morris' pages on this popped up in the search results. I went to that and started reading, page after page. Such relief I had never known was there. God's love is deeper still than anything the enemy can put on us. Jesus' promise that no weapon formed against us can prosper is true, that He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world, that He came to destroy the works of the evil one, and on and on. Luke 10:19 is your shield. Dr. Linda Mintle OCD is a good Google search result, too, but I encourage you to find Grantley Morris. One thing I did is start memorizing Scriptures about God's character. Like these- For Thou art not a God to even look upon wickedness, neiither shall evil dwell with Thee, (Psalm 5:4) The Prince of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me (John 14:30) For God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all; To show that the Lord is upright, and in Him is no darkness, I AM the light of the world; for this purpose was the Son of God manifest, to destroy the works of the evil one; Jesus of Nazareth, Who went about doing good, and healing all who were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him. On and on. I wrote them on index cards and put them where I could see them. I listen to audio Bible, read by David Suchet on youtube, and good preaching- Tim Keller, Bill Johnson, Ravi Zacharias, Tommy Nelson. Dr. Linda Mintle discusses forging new neural pathways to replace older ones. Jesus is your light, and He promised to never leave you or forsake you. You are more than a conqueror through Him. The more you stay in the truth of the Word, the more you will be free. The thoughts are illogical and irrational, but they still come, so the more truth you focus on in your brain, even in the background, the less room for the enemy's thoughts. All he's got are lies. Jesus is the WAY, TRUTH, and LIFE.

Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi dear, dear sister,
I suffer from the same thing. Your deep concern shows your love for Christ. As the responder said, God is not out to get you. Jesus shed His blood for all our sins, all of them. He is your Protector. I googled this,"blasphemous thoughts," and Grantley Morris' pages on this popped up in the search results. I went to that and started reading, page after page. Such relief I had never known was there. God's love is deeper still than anything the enemy can put on us. Jesus' promise that no weapon formed against us can prosper is true, that He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world, that He came to destroy the works of the evil one, and on and on. Luke 10:19 is your shield. Dr. Linda Mintle OCD is a good Google search result, too, but I encourage you to find Grantley Morris. One thing I did is start memorizing Scriptures about God's character. Like these- For Thou art not a God to even look upon wickedness, neiither shall evil dwell with Thee, (Psalm 5:4) The Prince of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me (John 14:30) For God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all; To show that the Lord is upright, and in Him is no darkness, I AM the light of the world; for this purpose was the Son of God manifest, to destroy the works of the evil one; Jesus of Nazareth, Who went about doing good, and healing all who were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him. On and on. I wrote them on index cards and put them where I could see them. I listen to audio Bible, read by David Suchet on youtube, and good preaching- Tim Keller, Bill Johnson, Ravi Zacharias, Tommy Nelson. Dr. Linda Mintle discusses forging new neural pathways to replace older ones. Jesus is your light, and He promised to never leave you or forsake you. You are more than a conqueror through Him. The more you stay in the truth of the Word, the more you will be free. The thoughts are illogical and irrational, but they still come, so the more truth you focus on in your brain, even in the background, the less room for the enemy's thoughts. All he's got are lies. Jesus is the WAY, TRUTH, and LIFE.
thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi im struggling with depersonalization as well did you ever get over it?

Depersonalization, Serenity? May I ask what this is? I have not heard this term before.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi there
I have been here a few times and the last times things were better...it all just seems so up and down....I suffer from blasphemous thoughts so horrific it makes me wonder how I even managed to be able to think these things in the first place.

Well there's a big possibility you didn't think up these thoughts. There's a possibility Satan sowed them whatever they are into your mind. As to whether they came from the devil or somehow you conjured them up isn't of primary importance so don't get caught up in the mystery of their origin. Just do rather what the Bible says to do about them "Cast them down" and deposit in you the opposite of what those horrible thoughts were by declaring such thoughts and mediating in them day and night.

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Cor 10:5

This has been going on for about a year now...It started when I felt flat one day and spoke out loud to God saying that Satan's world is easier...(I didn't mean that I wanted anything to do with the enemy...I just didn't understand what was so wrong with sin)....

Well God would agree with your in one sense......it takes dedication, determination and a commitment to do what is beneficial for your spirit and mind. It is easy to slough off and just let the flesh dominate one. It does take a discipline to walk in the ways of God.

But this easier way of not serving God is merely an illusion that it's TRULY easier. It's not easy reaping the bad things when or if we sow to the flesh.....that's when we know Satan's way isn't easier at all. Appearances can be deceiving .

Upvote 0

princesssss

Dec 10, 2018
Austin
✟46,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been struggling with the same thing. A few months ago I watched this video on the unpardonable sin and it made me fearful, because I didn't know there was a sin that Jesus would not forgive. As soon as I became afraid, I felt like I was attacked by the enemy in my thoughts--purposely implementing evil blasphemous thoughts about the Holy Spirit in my mind. I became terrified and I didn't know that there was so many people out there that struggled with the same thing. I immediately asked for forgiveness because I know those thoughts were not of me, why would I ever think of that from my heart if I had never thought of it before I found out about this sin?? Now i just feel confused and lost, because I don't know what God wants me to do. The last thing I want is to stray away from Him ever again. I pray for His forgiveness and mercy, but I know He doesn't like repetitive prayers. Sometimes I get scared to read the Bible because I don't want to feel rejected.

Upvote 0

princesssss

Dec 10, 2018
Austin
✟46,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I also know that the Bible says to put all our faith in Christ because he died for our sins, but I don't know how. I say out loud that he is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I do believe it, but I don't know if this is good enough. I don't know what I'm doing

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been struggling with the same thing. A few months ago I watched this video on the unpardonable sin and it made me fearful, because I didn't know there was a sin that Jesus would not forgive. As soon as I became afraid, I felt like I was attacked by the enemy in my thoughts--purposely implementing evil blasphemous thoughts about the Holy Spirit in my mind.

It may not have necessarily been an attack from Satan or any kind of demonic spirit, though, Princesssss (did I get the number of "s" right, there? ^-^ ). It may be that the only reason the blasphemous thoughts even started showing up in force in your mind is because your fear of the unforgivable sin - the rush of that fear in the moment upon watching whatever video this was you saw about the subject - causes your mind to latch onto such thoughts immediately. It's like if someone told you not to think of a pink elephant doing ballet or you will immediately "go to hell!" (I personally use this phrase in quotes because, well, that's another story.) Doesn't matter how fearful you may be of losing God's love or "going to hell" to suffer eternally, your mind WILL immediately think of a pink elephant in a ballerina outfit, whether you meant to or not. It isn't your fault. it's just how the human mind works. You have nothing to fear, my dear. :) I know it must sound really easy for me to say this to you right now, but, I promise that I suffered through a similar problem just like you seem to be now, once upon a time. I will pray that God has mercy upon you too as to take this fear and intrusive thoughts away from you soon, but no matter how long you may or may not be allowed by Him to suffer through it, you must not give up hope in His love and His mercy. :angel:

I pray for His forgiveness and mercy, but I know He doesn't like repetitive prayers. Sometimes I get scared to read the Bible because I don't want to feel rejected.

Reading the Bible may actually not be a good idea for you at this time, especially if in your emotional state (and I say that with all due respect, mind you) it is only potentially causing you to feel like you are rejected by God. It's going to take some time before you can see Scripture as a whole as being an invitation and exhortation by God to all again instead of a long letter of condemnation. Remember, Jesus Himself said He did come to earth to condemn but to save. :)

And may I suggest, that when God said that repetitive prayers are vain, that is again a matter of the heart. Is it your intention through repeatedly praying for His forgiveness and mercy to just look "good" before Him, to look devout and holy? It does not seem that way to me, but rather you are genuinely crying out for His mercy and wish for comfort from Him. :angel:

• Agree
Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0