• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

horrible blasphemous thoughts

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, thank you, do you think that God will forgive me for these thoughts

Of course He does, and will. He knows these thoughts are not willing at all on your part, Eso. Even if the feelings of fear, the obsessive part of this OCD you unfortunately suffer right now, causes you yourself to wonder or entertain the idea that the bad thoughts are willfull on your part in any way, God knows better.:angel:

Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course He does, and will. He knows these thoughts are not willing at all on your part, Eso. Even if the feelings of fear, the obsessive part of this OCD you unfortunately suffer right now, causes you yourself to wonder or entertain the idea that the bad thoughts are willfull on your part in any way, God knows better.:angel:
Thank you for that

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im sorry for coming back again but i still keep having these thoughts i'm really scared cause I know that God is coming soon and i don't want to go to hell because of these thoughts im scared that i might not be saved because of these blasphemous thoughts please

Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im sorry for coming back again but i still keep having these thoughts i'm really scared cause I know that God is coming soon and i don't want to go to hell because of these thoughts im scared that i might not be saved because of these blasphemous thoughts please

Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im sorry for coming back again but i still keep having these thoughts i'm really scared cause I know that God is coming soon and i don't want to go to hell because of these thoughts im scared that i might not be saved because of these blasphemous thoughts please im starting to think if it might be me im so scared

Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im sorry for coming back again but i still keep having these thoughts i'm really scared cause I know that God is coming soon and i don't want to go to hell because of these thoughts im scared that i might not be saved because of these blasphemous thoughts please im starting to think if it might be me im so scared

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry this is happening to you, @Eso. As far as I am concerned, it is not right what you are suffering through right now. It is a crime. :(

I am praying for you, that is all I know to say. And that perhaps you should try to open up about this with your family - especially your parents - and consider going to a therapist for cognitive behavioral therapy, as a practical means of at least treatment the onslaught of blasphemous thoughts.

God does not hate you, and you are not going to hell. This is not your fault.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I could try to tell my parents but i'm not sure if they would understand because it can be hard to explain . I think i might be too young for that therapy cause i'm 12
It's never too young to start therapy! Only you can decide if it would be good to tell your parents or not. But in my opinion, it's very important to get help for OCD. A therapist could be very helpful for you, if they know how to treat OCD. You could find a book or website that explains OCD well, and share that with your parents. The International OCD Foundation might have some resources. Also OCDonline.com has some good articles about OCD by a highly regarded professional, Dr. Steven Phillipson. Regardless of whether or not you get professional help, it would be a good idea to keep researching OCD on your own, and learning how to fight it. Basically, it comes down to ignoring the thoughts; that doesn't mean pushing the thoughts away, it just means realizing they don't mean anything and treating them like they don't. Your brain is sending them because it knows that it can make you freak out. So if you act all casual and nonchalant about the thoughts, and refuse to do your rituals/compulsions to "cancel out" the thoughts (or whatever you do to get rid of the anxiety), your brain doesn't know what to do and will eventually stop sending as many. It takes a lot of practice and perseverance, though, which is why a therapist might be helpful. If you do get one, look for one who knows about treating OCD and who knows how to do ERP (exposure and response prevention) therapy. That's considered to be very effective for OCD. Also feel free to pm me anytime if you're having a hard time.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, it is hard to explain, but you could tell your parents that you're getting bad thoughts that you don't want, but your brain is making you feel like you want them. You could say you've done some research and discovered that those thoughts are called "intrusive thoughts" and that you think you might have OCD/scrupulosity. There's a lot of literature (websites and books) about OCD, so if your parents look, they should be able to find plenty of legit info about OCD. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, hon! If it would help, I could always send an email to your parents about my experiences, or send a message on here that you could show them. I've had OCD since I was 8 (I'm 30 now) and my parents had to deal with it all through my childhood. It's a hard thing and it's tough to explain, but it is a legit disorder and it is NOT your fault and there is nothing wrong with you. It's a disorder that makes it hard for you to process some thoughts normally, due to an excess of anxiety in your brain, and it makes you think that you want certain thoughts that you actually don't. But there are strategies for overcoming it and feeling a lot better.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's never too young to start therapy! Only you can decide if it would be good to tell your parents or not. But in my opinion, it's very important to get help for OCD. A therapist could be very helpful for you, if they know how to treat OCD. You could find a book or website that explains OCD well, and share that with your parents. The International OCD Foundation might have some resources. Also OCDonline.com has some good articles about OCD by a highly regarded professional, Dr. Steven Phillipson. Regardless of whether or not you get professional help, it would be a good idea to keep researching OCD on your own, and learning how to fight it. Basically, it comes down to ignoring the thoughts; that doesn't mean pushing the thoughts away, it just means realizing they don't mean anything and treating them like they don't. Your brain is sending them because it knows that it can make you freak out. So if you act all casual and nonchalant about the thoughts, and refuse to do your rituals/compulsions to "cancel out" the thoughts (or whatever you do to get rid of the anxiety), your brain doesn't know what to do and will eventually stop sending as many. It takes a lot of practice and perseverance, though, which is why a therapist might be helpful. If you do get one, look for one who knows about treating OCD and who knows how to do ERP (exposure and response prevention) therapy. That's considered to be very effective for OCD. Also feel free to pm me anytime if you're having a hard time.

Please listen to this advice, Miss @Eso. Mari definitely has great points here.

Honestly, I had no idea all this time that you were just a child, and yet having to endure a horrific phase of OCD with bad thoughts and anxieties like this. :( It is difficult enough to endure as a grown man like I had to a few years ago at 28. I will definitely keep praying for God to give you peace and healing from this. .... But YOU ARE NOT "GOING TO HELL". That entire concept that God has you marked for an eternal, inescapable torture chamber is a vicious lie from either Satan himself or the carnal half of your brain that is still controlled by brittle and fickle human feelings and not the Holy Spirit.

Try your best to pay the bad thoughts no mind, and while it will certainly be a difficult road for you no matter what, unfortunately (barring a miracle from God in which He just mercifully ends this whole painful ordeal for you, may He be willing), Mari has great advice on how to start getting into that mindset where you can no longer be bothered so much by the thoughts. :)

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can try to tell my parent if they might understand because once i told my sister something similar she said i was overacting and exaggerating but i will try to ignore the thoughts
Keep reaching out on here when you need help! :)

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i'm kinda scared now because I went to see a councelor and she told me to write down some of the thoughts i'm having and i wrote it down for her, i didn't mean it she asked me so i wrote it i'm really sorry to God because I wrote it down but she asked

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are you scared of, Eso? God knows why you wrote down those thoughts. You are not blaspheming Him in seeking help to escape those thoughts, whether it involves saying it or writing it down. He knows your heart. There is nothing to be scared of, I promise you.

Upvote 0

Eso

Jul 26, 2018
Alabama
✟19,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i keep comming back on here but it's because i'm scared. i wish that i could stop feeling scared when i get the thoughts sometimes. but today i mistakenly, not on purpose mixed up a word. it was an honest mistake i didn't mean to say what i said it slipped out I know that God is not a demon but i mistkanly mixed up my words. I'm so scared i've prayed that God forgives me but i'm still scared it was a mistake i was meant to say something else

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so scared i've prayed that God forgives me but i'm still scared it was a mistake i was meant to say something else

It was a mistake, Eso. The human brain mixes up words all of the time with a lot of people. It's only making you afraid because of the thoughts that were already tormenting you. I promise you, God knows better and forgives you. By the words of 1 John 4:1-3, the Spirit tells me that you are forgiven. Again, I really am sorry that you are struggling with this kind of OCD, and I keep praying that God will take it away from you soon. I have everyone in the singles community here praying for you, too.

Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, i suffered the same, and it was not me, in my case it was not me, AND BELIEVE ME they were thoughts introduced by an enemy you may know that try to make our lifes hell. I got rid of those thoughts in a way its not allowed to be said here. But this was my case, i'm not telling you your case is the same (if you know what i mean)...

Upvote 0