✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
High-capacity gun magazines to remain legal in California, judge rules

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – High-capacity gunmagazines will remain legal in California under a ruling Friday by a federal judge who cited a home invasion where a woman used the extra bullets in her weapon to kill an attacker and two other cases women without additional ammunition ran out of bullets.

"Individual liberty and freedom are not outmoded concepts," San Diego-based U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez wrote. He called the law that would have banned possessing any magazines holding more than 10 bullets unconstitutional.

More at link:

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – High-capacity gunmagazines will remain legal in California under a ruling Friday by a federal judge who cited a home invasion where a woman used the extra bullets in her weapon to kill an attacker and two other cases women without additional ammunition ran out of bullets.

"Individual liberty and freedom are not outmoded concepts," San Diego-based U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez wrote. He called the law that would have banned possessing any magazines holding more than 10 bullets unconstitutional.

More at link:
A bit surprised that this happened in CALIFORNIA of all places. I don't really hold much of an opinion with regards to this specific issue, but I guess I don't see the harm in higher-capacity gun magazines.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Modern bullets for self defense pistols are usually small. A couple of these fired into the intruder would be incredibly painful, would stop them but won't kill them unless hit in a major organ or artery.

Facing more than one intruder and consider missing shots, firing warning shots, you need as much bullet you need.

Perhaps, only make exception for ammunition that isn't used for self-defense like rifles used for sport shooting, etc.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Modern bullets for self defense pistols are usually small. A couple of these fired into the intruder would be incredibly painful, would stop them but won't kill them unless hit in a major organ or artery.

Facing more than one intruder and consider missing shots, firing warning shots, you need as much bullet you need.

Perhaps, only make exception for ammunition that isn't used for self-defense like rifles used for sport shooting, etc.

In most self-defense situations, the chance you'ld need more than what a revolver has are less than being struck by lightening.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In most self-defense situations, the chance you'ld need more than what a revolver has are less than being struck by lightening.

I've nearly been hit by a lightning once my entire life. Stroke just a few feet away. It was like slo-motion.

Against flying bullets? twice. If you're dealing with armed intruders, you could get yourself into a shooting match. Difficult to aim when you're trying not to get shot. You could miss a lot.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I've nearly been hit by a lightning once my entire life. Stroke just a few feet away. It was like slo-motion.

Against flying bullets? twice. If you're dealing with armed intruders, you could get yourself into a shooting match. Difficult to aim when you're trying not to get shot. You could miss a lot.

Do you tend to attract danger?

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0