Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Pretty much everything you write about this virus is incorrect.

This is what really scares me about the pandemic. Not the virus itself, but the number of people who insist on absorbing and spreading as much misinformation as possible.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is what really scares me about the pandemic. Not the virus itself, but the number of people who insist on absorbing and spreading as much misinformation as possible.
The fact that some of the misinformation is coming from disinformation campaigns by foreign governments makes it even more disturbing. SARS-CoV-2 isn't the only thing humans lack immunity to.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm just a bad person then, fine. When an actual situation occurs, I will be right in line with ya. This Virus is nothing more than a seasonal sickness. It is played up way out of proportions.

You’re wrong. It has already killed almost 100,000 Americans and still going. You and I both want this national nightmare over. I’m the only one of us who is actually willing to help make that happen. The United States was able to win World War II by sacrificing for the greater good. We are once again called on to sacrifice for our country.

I am not making a 'small' sacrifice. I sell fireworks for a living. Tents normally go up in June. Half of my yearly wages are at risk. I will lose my home if I do not work. I already only make between $11 to $16 K a year in a 3 person household. How much more do you want?

No, No, No, No....... I am walking out of my front door, going to work, and feeding my family. I live paycheck to paycheck. I cannot afford your sensibilities, and you will not pay my bills to do so.

I never asked you to not leave your house. I asked you to wear a mask. In fact, I would say fireworks are probably one of the better social interactions we can currently participate in as social distancing can be quite easily maintained while watching fireworks if there is enough space. The fireworks over Lake Michigan in Chicago aren’t able to happen because there’s well in to hundreds of thousands on the lakefront there, but the fireworks in Pickett, Wisconsin are still doable.

THE VIRUS IS NOT THE ISSUE. THE LOCKDOWN IS.

Did you catch that? Is it big enough?

You can write large enough I can read it from Saturn, it still doesn’t change the fact that as long as the virus is running rampant, a significant percentage of people will not be fully participating in this economy and saving money in case another wave hits. This will hold the unemployment number up. The economy is going to still drag if people are not confident everything is fine. You not wearing a mask is making it take just a little bit longer.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
As the gathering concludes, the clip shows Brehm and her cronies shaking hands and hugging, as if to prove that all this social distancing stuff is just another tool to oppress God-fearing, freedom-loving Americans.

6a0d5343e0ef642b99d0a97fd33763e72933b1da9dab77d7a170d08791b5c5c5.jpg

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It has already killed almost 100,000 Americans and still going.

How do you know that? Where are you getting the figures? The CDC, independent doctors, medical examiners, and covid task force members have stated all deaths, even suspected to have maybe been exposed, regardless of whether the virus actual kills the person or not are counted as covid deaths.

It is refused time and time again. Flat out. Fingers in ears.

You and I both want this national nightmare over.

You do not have to force me further into destitution by removing my rights and civil liberties to do so.

I’m the only one of us who is actually willing to help make that happen.

Well that is because you are better than me.

I am a despicable person... been told as much for the last 5 years. Why change that now? I am also too stupid to know better than to support Trump. I'm a bigot. A racist. A no good uneducated rube, that doesn't even know how to make decisions or claim responsibility for those decisions. Im even told I need a nanny state to make my decisions for me.

It must be awesome to be so noble, chivalrous, and morally superior. You must be so thankful to be better than such rabble like myself.

The economy is going to still drag if people are not confident everything is fine. You not wearing a mask is making it take just a little bit longer.

This is all based on the premise there is no coup. People absolutely refuse to consider the Democrats are the aggressors. They are the ones at fault. People want to believe this is real because the alternative is going to be earth shattering. Everything an individual has believed and argued is going to fall apart.

There is no pandemic. Just a seasonal virus that can conveniently be used to control the masses.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
How do you know that? Where are you getting the figures? The CDC, independent doctors, medical examiners, and covid task force members have stated all deaths, even suspected to have maybe been exposed, regardless of whether the virus actual kills the person or not are counted as covid deaths.

And when one looks at aggregate excess deaths, overall COVID-19 fatalities appear to be understated, regardless of any potential over-counting that may occurring.

Yet you continue to refuse to acknowledge this. For someone who claims to be all about the "truth", you consistently ignore it.

Fingers in ears.

You're right. You do have your fingers in your ears.

There is no pandemic. Just a seasonal virus that can conveniently be used to control the masses.

Case in point: This is sheer denialism.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I would assume you believe only you were in the right? By that logic, you were the sole victor. You are the only winner in that scenario. Be happy you are smarter than other people, and keep keeping safe.
What if having an antagonistic attitude is the wrong attitude? The attitude of victory against others. Wearing masks and taking steps are signs you want to work with other people to manage the virus.
We want people to work together to accomplish something.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What if having an antagonistic attitude is the wrong attitude? The attitude of victory against others.

If you are asking me personally, I am not the judge. I do my best to forgive and not be swayed by emotion or attitudes. Something that is of utmost importance to me:

Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you. And when he said this, he breathed on them , and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven: if you retain the sins of any, they are retained” (John 20: 21-23)

&

Mat 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Now put those 2 together:

If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven: if you retain the sins of any, they are retained. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Point taken:
Mark 11:26 if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.

So... I do not judge a man by his opinions. Whether he is right or wrong. Moral or amoral. I judge a man's opinions against what I believe to be true. Whether or not his opinion is right or wrong, moral or amoral. The man I am contending with is just a man. Just like me.

That being said, I do not care if they are antagonistic. Or spiteful, what have you. It has nothing to do with the facts of the matter he is conveying, or attempting to convey.

Wearing masks and taking steps are signs you want to work with other people to manage the virus. We want people to work together to accomplish something.

I do not believe you. I honestly believe due to the last 5 years those who oppose Trump want to see the complete, and utter runation of that administration, and punish his supporters. What we have today is truely, in a true sense, the open act of an orwellian dystopia I have no desire to partake in.

Completely innocent people in america are being jailed even tho they did not commit a crime or break a law; without any due process, lawyer, or even charges. Their neighbors are calling in to report them. My civil liberties, and rights have been violated, and people jeeringly make comments that 'if I would just obey...' I have no doubt in my mind their are people in this very forum that would be gleeful to see me carted off to jail for my opinions. Here, in America. Jailed for having an opinion. Jailed for opening up your own business you own, and is lawfully licensed.

Oh, but we are supposed to just accept the fluffed up data and changing statistics are normal. It is definitely not yet another attack on my way of life as has been done for 5 years now.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If you are asking me personally, I am not the judge. I do my best to forgive and not be swayed by emotion or attitudes. Something that is of utmost importance to me:

Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you. And when he said this, he breathed on them , and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven: if you retain the sins of any, they are retained” (John 20: 21-23)

&

Mat 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven: if you retain the sins of any, they are retained. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Point taken:
Mark 11:26 if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.

So... I do not judge a man by his opinions. Whether he is right or wrong. Moral or amoral. I judge a man's opinions against what I believe to be true. Whether or not his opinion is right or wrong, moral or amoral. The man I am contending with is just a man. Just like me.
why judge it against what you believe to be true? What if your information is faulty? It's not always man v man though. Some people's opinions matter more than others.

Don't you agree?

That being said, I do not care if they are antagonistic. Or spiteful, what have you. It has nothing to do with the facts of the matter he is conveying, or attempting to convey
.I do because it speaks to the fruit of the tree.

I do not believe you
Of course you don't. Your whole world view is based on the idea that Trump is being attacked for no good reason.

. I honestly believe due to the last 5 years those who oppose Trump want to see the complete, and utter runation of that administration, and punish his supporters
character judgements about people you don't know invariably say more about ourselves than the people we are talking about.
I would say most of us just want him out and feel that there has been ample evidence and behaviours to support that.

What we have today is truely, in a true sense, the open act of an orwellian dystopia I have no desire to partake in.
so you retreat conspiracies?

Completely innocent people in america are being jailed even tho they did not commit a crime or break a law; without any due process, lawyer, or even charges. Their neighbors are calling in to report them
. White people upset about living the experience of a black American. Can't even handle it for a few weeks.

My civil liberties, and rights have been violated, and people jeeringly make comments that 'if I would just obey...' I have no doubt in my mind their are people in this very forum that would be gleeful to see me carted off to jail for my opinions
. People jeeringly make comments like "if you would just obey, and employ the preventative behaviours used in places like Singapore and Taiwan, we could get a handle on covid and start thinking about a safer transition?

Yeah. What heartless barbarians presenting fact based, logical assertions you don't like.

in America. Jailed for having an opinion. Jailed for opening up your own business you own, and is lawfully licensed
without being able to provide a safe atmosphere for customers.

Oh, but we are supposed to just accept the fluffed up data and changing statistics are normal. It is definitely not yet another attack on my way of life as has been done for 5 years now.
If you don't like how data is collected blame the leadership who are managing the outbreak for being unable to provide cogent reliable messaging of data and stats .

Tell Trump to be useful instead of undercutting safety measures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No. This is just sentiment for one to feel good about themselves. If you are not sick... you have nothing to spread. You're Not providing a service. It literally just makes people feel like they are doing something which makes them feel like a good person.

Covid-19 is not aerosol transmissible. (airborn) An air filtration mask does nothing to stop an individual from contracting a non airborne virus.

The paper/cloth masks themselves do not filter down to a low enough particulate (micron) to even filter out the virus. You need a biological vapers half mask, and cartrage at the least.

At this point, a paper/cloth mask is nothing more than a totem or a charm that gives the weare a sense of comfort. It is an item that make the individual 'feel' safer. A security blanket.

Even N95 means 95% effective. 5% still gets thru. You need N 100 to get 99.99% still, some gets thru and it is not down to a small enough micron to filter covid-19.

Better educated and hated, than following in ignorance.

I am REALLY glad that you're not my doctor!

You have no idea what you're talking about; what you're saying is dangerous!

Example: you said that COVID-19 is not aerosol transmissible. I hope that kind of BS doesn't get you and/or others killed.

For others reading this thread, here is the truth...

COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads. The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to mainly spread from close contact (i.e., within about 6 feet) with a person who is currently sick with COVID-19. The virus likely spreads primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to how influenza and other respiratory infections spread. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.

Do not, repeat, do not pay attention to what LostMarbels said; it can kill you.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

&

Point taken:

That being said, I do not care if they are antagonistic. Or spiteful, what have you. It has nothing to do with the facts of the matter he is conveying, or attempting to convey.

I do not believe you. I honestly believe due to the last 5 years those who oppose Trump want to see the complete, and utter runation of that administration, and punish his supporters. What we have today is truely, in a true sense, the open act of an orwellian dystopia I have no desire to partake in.

Completely innocent people in america are being jailed even tho they did not commit a crime or break a law; without any due process, lawyer, or even charges. Their neighbors are calling in to report them. My civil liberties, and rights have been violated, and people jeeringly make comments that 'if I would just obey...' I have no doubt in my mind their are people in this very forum that would be gleeful to see me carted off to jail for my opinions. Here, in America. Jailed for having an opinion. Jailed for opening up your own business you own, and is lawfully licensed.

Believe what you want, even though it may kill you.

One of the key roles of government is to protect people. Despite the precautions taken (which started too late thanks to Trump) there have already been just shy of 100,000 deaths in the US alone and almost 2,000,000 people have contracted this deadly virus. The states are doing the best that they can to protect people so that a) the hospitals and first responders won't be overwhelmed and b) people who need hospital care from events such as heart attacks and strokes will be able to be admitted and taken care of properly instead of dying in the emergency room (as some have already).

Finally, you said, "I have no doubt in my mind their are people in this very forum that would be gleeful to see me carted off to jail for my opinions." I would seek help for your paranoia if are were you.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
why judge it against what you believe to be true? What if your information is faulty? It's not always man v man though. Some people's opinions matter more than others.

So you base what you believe off of my opinions? Or do you hold to the same truth... that what you hold dear is more pressing than what others believe?

I do because it speaks to the fruit of the tree.

Jesus called church leaders of the chosen people of God dead man's bones. Vipers. All manors of unclean things. A bit contentious ya think? Tell me about Jesus's fruit of the spirit....

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

People get offended when they hear truth they do not want to identify with themselves. Some people find it offensive. Even contentious.

Of course you don't. Your whole world view is based on the idea that Trump is being attacked for no good reason.

Not my whole world. There is an entire existence outside of this forum.

character judgements about people you don't know invariably say more about ourselves than the people we are talking about.

I do not have to judge a man's character to correctly assess a man that illegally kills another is a murder. I can come to that conclusion by nothing more than the mans actions.

White people upset about living the experience of a black American. Can't even handle it for a few weeks.

Oh yeah, nothing racist about that... I guess some skin tones get the right to disparage other skin tones just because of the color of their skin. Nothing at all racist about feeling you have the right to act a certain way toward another race because of your own race.

without being able to provide a safe atmosphere for customers.

Get local, state, or federal legislators to create laws. Other than that it is none of your business what a law abiding citizen is doing in their own store as is permissible by law.

Don't like it. Don't go there.

Last edited:
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

It is refused time and time again. Flat out. Fingers in ears.

You do not have to force me further into destitution by removing my rights and civil liberties to do so.

Well that is because you are better than me.

I am a despicable person... been told as much for the last 5 years. Why change that now? I am also too stupid to know better than to support Trump. I'm a bigot. A racist. A no good uneducated rube, that doesn't even know how to make decisions or claim responsibility for those decisions. Im even told I need a nanny state to make my decisions for me.

It must be awesome to be so noble, chivalrous, and morally superior. You must be so thankful to be better than such rabble like myself.

This is all based on the premise there is no coup. People absolutely refuse to consider the Democrats are the aggressors. They are the ones at fault. People want to believe this is real because the alternative is going to be earth shattering. Everything an individual has believed and argued is going to fall apart.

Finally you're making sense... when you say, "I am a despicable person... been told as much for the last 5 years. Why change that now? I am also too stupid to know better than to support Trump. I'm a bigot. A racist. A no good uneducated rube, that doesn't even know how to make decisions or claim responsibility for those decisions. Im even told I need a nanny state to make my decisions for me."

But not when you say something as irresponsible and dangerous as... "There is no pandemic. Just a seasonal virus that can conveniently be used to control the masses." Almost 100,000 COVID-19 deaths in the US and 335,000 COVID-19 deaths worldwide are facts; that is a pandemic! Stop spreading lies that can kill people!

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am REALLY glad that you're not my doctor!

You have no idea what you're talking about; what you're saying is dangerous!

Example: you said that COVID-19 is not aerosol transmissible. I hope that kind of BS doesn't get you and/or others killed.

For others reading this thread, here is the truth...

COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads. The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to mainly spread from close contact (i.e., within about 6 feet) with a person who is currently sick with COVID-19. The virus likely spreads primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to how influenza and other respiratory infections spread. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.

Do not, repeat, do not pay attention to what LostMarbels said; it can kill you.

I'm not even going there because that was covered a long time ago my friend.

Do you know the difference of aerosol transmissible and droplet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Almost 100,000 COVID-19 deaths in the US and 335,000 COVID-19 deaths worldwide are facts; that is a pandemic!

Where are you getting these figures? Because everyone for the CDC to the Trump CV team states any death where CV is even suspected might have been present, is considered a CV death. Even if it is not what killed them.

Truth is we have no idea how many died.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not even going there because that was covered a long time ago my friend.

Do you know the difference of aerosol transmissible and droplet?

Apparently you don't know the difference between aerosol transmissible and droplet. One is a method of transmission and the other is what is transmitted.

"An aerosol transmissible disease (ATD) is a disease that can be transmitted by either 1) inhaling particles/droplets; or 2) direct contact between particles/droplets and mucous membranes in the respiratory tract or eyes."

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Apparently you don't know the difference between aerosol transmissible and droplet. One is a method of transmission and the other is what is transmitted.

"An aerosol transmissible disease (ATD) is a disease that can be transmitted by either 1) inhaling particles/droplets; or 2) direct contact between particles/droplets and mucous membranes in the respiratory tract or eyes."

Apparently you came in on the tail end of a couple month long discussion. I don't even remember ever having had a conversation with you before, and your acting like you have known everything about me for years.

Simple short sweet. Airborn, can travel for many miles, on dust particulates, the wind, be conveyed by birds, swine, animals, remain in clothes, blankets etc... infecting another group.

droplet transmission is basically spittle. Or like spraying a spray bottle. It only remains in the air for feet before falling to the ground. You need direct contact to contract the virus. Either by touch or being, coughed, spit on directly. or during a sneeze less than 6 feet away.

Covid 19 can become aerosol transmissible in confined concentrated areas. Where a group of individuals are confined in a space.

upload_2020-5-24_1-1-56.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Herd mindset is potentially very dangerous. It's a part of the lower end of cognitive skills.

...To increase the disastrous effects of herd mindset is to add uniform clothing, as odd as that may seem -but it has been proven:

The psychology of evil

I realy enjoyed that video. Thank you for posting it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0