United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Quote:

• Researchers, writing in two new papers, attempt to tackle the efficacy of masks, one more rigorously than the other, and come to differing conclusions. One study examined the effect of masks on seasonal coronaviruses (which cause many cases of the common cold) and found that surgical masks are helpful at reducing how much virus a sick person spreads.
  • The other looked particularly at SARS-CoV-2 and found no effect of either surgical or fabric masks on reducing virus spread, but only had four participants and used a crude measure of viral spread.
  • The bottom line, experts say, is that masks might help keep people with COVID-19 from unknowingly passing along the virus. But the evidence for the efficacy of surgical or homemade masks is limited, and masks aren't the most important protection against the coronavirus.

Do face masks really reduce coronavirus spread? Experts have mixed answers. | Live Science

The fact is, the effectiveness of a mask to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus is in the use of an N95 mask, not cloth homemade masks or bandana's... those just makes people feel better.

As far as this being a hoax, republicans have often called the democratic response a hoax, and are generally referring to the insanity the left is promoting in response, not the virus itself.

If you notice, the democrats are literally campaigning on this, and pushing agenda through it:

Quote:

[*]Democratic groups see opportunity in focusing on coronavirus response

[*]Democrats have far outspent Republicans on political ads on Facebook focused on the coronavirus that ran March 24 to April 23. The healthcare industry sees opportunity too.

[*]Democrats $3m
[*]GOP 317k
[*]healthcare industry 544k

Quartz | qz.com Data: Facebook
Note: Ads about coronavirus, covid, pandemic, ppe, protective_gear, protective_equipment. Data is the minimum amount spent on each ad; totals are likely more.

Democrats and Republicans use vastly different language to discuss Covid-19

This is why people call the response a hoax:

No buying seeds or gardening supplies:

Michigan Bans Many Stores From Selling Seeds, Home Gardening Supplies, Calls Them “Not Necessary”

^^^ Forbes, not a hoax site.

Quote from Reason:

"The governor's new stay-at-home order is arbitrary and far too strict."

Michigan Bans 'All Public and Private Gatherings,' Will Still Allow Lottery Sales

Thousands without food due to high unemployment:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/end-new-york-citys-lockdown-now/

Early lockdowns don't save lives:

"We ran a simple one-variable correlation of deaths per million and days to shutdown, which ranged from minus-10 days (some states shut down before any sign of Covid-19) to 35 days for South Dakota, one of seven states with limited or no shutdown. The correlation coefficient was 5.5%—so low that the engineers I used to employ would have summarized it as “no correlation” and moved on to find the real cause of the problem.
Opinion | Do Lockdowns Save Many Lives? In Most Places, the Data Say No

When CoronaVirus Lockdowns go too far:

Opinion | When Coronavirus Lockdowns Go Too Far

So yes, some people are calling the response a hoax. Not the virus.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then protect yourself. Do what you feel is needed to keep yourself safe. And all is good in the world.

I agree. However I think your post should be expanded to say... Do what you feel is needed to keep yourself and others safe. Love your neighbor as yourself means not killing them, even unintentionally.

Upvote 0

Emsmom1

Nov 6, 2019
Los Angeles
✟41,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Does it give people a sense of purpose to wear a mask? Maybe they feel morally superior or empowered concerning those who do not? Do they feel they are a better person than them? Because if so, that is right in line with behavioral modification thru social conditioning. "Herd mindset".

Maybe they should shame individuals that do not do what is 'correct' like they do, or even turn them in to the authorities to teach them a lesson.

Social... conditioning... 'If I do not do as others do, I am bad. If others do not do as I do, they are bad and need to be punished.'

Meanwhile I will follow what professionals say:

Dr. Anthony Fauci says no one should be walking around in masks
A. Fauci is no longer saying that
B.Face Masks Against COVID-19: An Evidence Review An evidence review of masks-by real doctors!

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
header design 4.jpg

Never felt the need to wear a mask. I do (a respirator ) when doing wood work.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Quote:

• Researchers, writing in two new papers, attempt to tackle the efficacy of masks, one more rigorously than the other, and come to differing conclusions. One study examined the effect of masks on seasonal coronaviruses (which cause many cases of the common cold) and found that surgical masks are helpful at reducing how much virus a sick person spreads.
  • The other looked particularly at SARS-CoV-2 and found no effect of either surgical or fabric masks on reducing virus spread, but only had four participants and used a crude measure of viral spread.
  • The bottom line, experts say, is that masks might help keep people with COVID-19 from unknowingly passing along the virus. But the evidence for the efficacy of surgical or homemade masks is limited, and masks aren't the most important protection against the coronavirus.

Do face masks really reduce coronavirus spread? Experts have mixed answers. | Live Science

The fact is, the effectiveness of a mask to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus is in the use of an N95 mask, not cloth homemade masks or bandana's... those just makes people feel better.

As far as this being a hoax, republicans have often called the democratic response a hoax, and are generally referring to the insanity the left is promoting in response, not the virus itself.

If you notice, the democrats are literally campaigning on this, and pushing agenda through it:

Quote:

[*]Democrats have far outspent Republicans on political ads on Facebook focused on the coronavirus that ran March 24 to April 23. The healthcare industry sees opportunity too.

[*]Democrats $3m
[*]GOP 317k

Note: Ads about coronavirus, covid, pandemic, ppe, protective_gear, protective_equipment. Data is the minimum amount spent on each ad; totals are likely more.

Michigan Bans Many Stores From Selling Seeds, Home Gardening Supplies, Calls Them “Not Necessary”

Quote from Reason:

Michigan Bans 'All Public and Private Gatherings,' Will Still Allow Lottery Sales

"We ran a simple one-variable correlation of deaths per million and days to shutdown, which ranged from minus-10 days (some states shut down before any sign of Covid-19) to 35 days for South Dakota, one of seven states with limited or no shutdown. The correlation coefficient was 5.5%—so low that the engineers I used to employ would have summarized it as “no correlation” and moved on to find the real cause of the problem.

And some people are crazy and/or dead.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
for the safety of others

No. This is just sentiment for one to feel good about themselves. If you are not sick... you have nothing to spread. You're Not providing a service. It literally just makes people feel like they are doing something which makes them feel like a good person.

as well as myself.

Covid-19 is not aerosol transmissible. (airborn) An air filtration mask does nothing to stop an individual from contracting a non airborne virus.

The paper/cloth masks themselves do not filter down to a low enough particulate (micron) to even filter out the virus. You need a biological vapers half mask, and cartrage at the least.

At this point, a paper/cloth mask is nothing more than a totem or a charm that gives the weare a sense of comfort. It is an item that make the individual 'feel' safer. A security blanket.

Even N95 means 95% effective. 5% still gets thru. You need N 100 to get 99.99% still, some gets thru and it is not down to a small enough micron to filter covid-19.

Better safe than sorry ... or dead.

Better educated and hated, than following in ignorance.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
No. This is just sentiment for one to feel good about themselves. If you are not sick... you have nothing to spread.

People can contract and spread the virus before they become symptomatic. Asymptomatic transmission is one reason the virus is thought to have spread so easily.

Covid-19 is not aerosol transmissible. (airborn) An air filtration mask does nothing to stop an individual from contracting a non airborne virus.

There is research that suggests that it might remain airborne for a short period of time. Until we know more about the virus transmission methods, better to be safe than sorry.

At what point does being "educated" include buying into conspiracy theories like those described in the OP?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Quote:

Quote:

[*]Democrats $3m
[*]GOP 317k

Quote from Reason:

Good post. Thanks for the links.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Brexit, Yellow Vests, Hong Kong protests, M5s, etc.... there are populist movements against the establishment ongoing around the globe. How do the globalists regain control?
Simple answer; populists aren't really fighting for things the majority are fighting for.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. This is just sentiment for one to feel good about themselves. If you are not sick... you have nothing to spread. You're Not providing a service. It literally just makes people feel like they are doing something which makes them feel like a good person.
Are you really unaware that lots and lots of people have the virus and are spreading it without having any symptoms?
It's transmissible by airborne droplets. Masks do quite a bit to stop an individual from contracting that kind of virus -- especially when worn by the person with the virus.
The paper/cloth masks themselves do not filter down to a low enough particulate (micron) to even filter out the virus. You need a biological vapers half mask, and cartage at the least.
Not to stop droplets that are expelled while coughing or talking.
Pretty much everything you write about this virus is incorrect.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just think people need to care about someone in this world enough to not want them to die and they should choose a mask for that reason

Thank you for your opinion, but I have one as well.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I looked at that paper on mask tests. If this one is in reference to the Seoul "study"...
It had four participants do four sample, one participant of had useless results

That is not the most convincing sturdy yet to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I looked at that paper on mask tests. If this one is in reference to the Seoul "study"...
It had four participants do four sample, one participant of had useless results

That is not the most convincing sturdy yet to me.

Then wear them............

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your hardline stance against masks makes me doubt that.

I have no issues with PPE's. I tried for about a month to push personal accountability. People need to do what they feel is best to protect themselves and their families. Attempting to control the actions of others is not going to offer them protections from their actions. One has to adopt actions to midgate their own threat to others actions. If you feel you need to wear a mask, wear one. If you feel some sort of action needs to be taken because others will not wear one, then take that precaution yourself. Stop expecting everyone to live the way you see as necessary or reasonable for you own protection.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I have no issues with PPE's. I tried for about a month to push personal accountability. People need to do what they feel is best to protect themselves and their families. Attempting to control the actions of others is not going to offer them protections from their actions. One has to adopt actions to midgate their own threat to others actions. If you feel you need to wear a mask, wear one. If you feel some sort of action needs to be taken because others will not wear one, then take that precaution yourself. Stop expecting everyone to live the way you see as necessary or reasonable for you own protection.

Me wearing a mask protects you. It stops droplets coming from my breathe when I exhale getting everywhere. Likewise, you wearing a mask protects me. It stops droplets coming from your breathe when you exhale from getting everywhere.

You are being selfish by not wearing one and acting against your own self interest because if you get people sick, it’s going to take longer for everything to open up and for the general public to feel safe interacting in crowds.

And don’t tell me you don’t have it unless you have a recent COVID-19 test that came back negative. You could be a Typhoid Mary and not know it and that is the danger with COVID-19. We don’t know who has it so everyone is a possible carrier and not even know it. That’s the reality until we have significantly more testing and contact tracing. Until then please make the small sacrifice for everyone, wear your mask, and stay out of crowded situations.

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are being selfish

I'm just a bad person then, fine. When an actual situation occurs, I will be right in line with ya. This Virus is nothing more than a seasonal sickness. It is played up way out of proportions.

please make the small sacrifice for everyone
I am not making a 'small' sacrifice. I sell fireworks for a living. Tents normally go up in June. Half of my yearly wages are at risk. I will lose my home if I do not work. I already only make between $11 to $16 K a year in a 3 person household. How much more do you want?

Until then please make the small sacrifice for everyone, wear your mask, and stay out of crowded situations.

No, No, No, No....... I am walking out of my front door, going to work, and feeding my family. I live paycheck to paycheck. I cannot afford your sensibilities, and you will not pay my bills to do so.

THE VIRUS IS NOT THE ISSUE. THE LOCKDOWN IS.

Did you catch that? Is it big enough?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0