Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi kimanne ,
I understand where you are coming from and I could not agree more when you said a woman can separate the gay from the person where as a man has a difficult time doing that. I really feel that as long as children are raised in loving environments, they will ultimately be ok. I know right now of a homosexual man who is raising an 8 year old boy, I know that there will come a day when he is older that he might be teased about this. I asked the father your question, how is he going to deal with it when his son is a teenager, people can be cruel. He said this: as long as the child has a secure foundation, one that is based on love and trust, then they will get through it together. He is well prepared for any verbal attacks that will be made against his son, but I do agree with you kimanne, it will be difficult for the child. I really feel that homosexuals should be able to adopt children as well as heterosexuals. I think that just because they are homosexuals, that should not deny them the opportunity to feel the greatest of loves, the love a parent has for a child and the love a child has for a parent. I am not saying it will be easy, I know that road will not be an easy one, but they should be allowed to travel it. I really see where you are coming from and I can tell by your post, that the child is important to you. I commend you for that! If you have any more questions or if I failed to answer it in any way, please post and I'll try my best to explain further. I am sure you will hear from my counter part MyJhongFist. Much love to you and Blessings!

Amie :angel:

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by solo66 man

Absolutely, I am in full and complete agreement with you. Amen
I could not have made it any more clear. Anyone need a picture?

a bit of sarcasm???yes, I'd very much like a picture...Is it of you???and...welcome back rollin thunder!!!!!I'm glad you made your way back here! anyone seen Tyler???

Amie

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
Hello Amie,
I didn't just leave the thread because I was mad. I left it for the reason I said before. I just don't have anymore input that pertains to this subject. That doesn't mean I won't keep reading what you all say. I may have some input later, but at this time, I don't have a whole lot to say, unless you want me to start repeating myself, just kiddin'. But I do love it when someone preaches in boldness, without fear of what someone else might think, as long as they are correct. When they are not correct, they sound like babbling fools. So - I didn't go away, just little to say.
Rollin Thunder...just giving you a bit of a hard time...sure let's repeat, what do you say? for old times sake???Rollin Thunder...you really think I babble, but I think I am correct!!!AAWWWW!!rollin Thunder!!!! no really, I understand what you are saying...come on rollin thunder, I know you can agree with me...just this once, I know you have it in you...alright! I commend you for standing by your convictions and I will stand by mine as well...God Bless!
Amie
Tyler...are you there??...

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Rollin Thunder...good for you to be anchored in your faith...I know I'm growing on you...ok rollin thunder, as soon as I post something you agree with, I want you to quote it and cheer for me!!!!I live to see that!!!!!!God Bless...I really gotta go now though...there is a homosexual here to babysit my daughter.... ;)
got you there rollin thunder!...ok just giving you a hard time! rollin thunder, really, I think you are a good sport! let me see another smile :)
God bless again!
Amie

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But according to the bible it is a sin. I would include liars, adulterers, murderers, anyone not repentant. Anyone will slip up, but to just accept sin as a way of life as
in Sodom and Gomorah. Which God destroyed for such living.
yes I am aware that it is a sin, homosexuality, I never said it was not a sin, but I do not believe that someone's sexual preference plays any part of how they were as a parent...we are not to judge people and I think you are judging. they are still I believe capable of being loving, caring, gentle parents. Obviously you think differently.
Amie

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I understand you entirely. But, to bring children up in an obviously sinnful situation tells the child it is ok to live in a sinful way.
God Bless You.
where do you get that from? It is telling the child no such thing! As long as the child is being loved and nurtured and cared for, a persons sexual preferece has nothing to do with parenting!!!!!
Amie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am just saying any sin is sin and I do not condone it at all. When it comes to sin, it has many names but it is still the same thing.
so you will lump homosexuals together with murderers and satanists? no all sin is not the same...I am sorry to tell you, there is a huge difference between homosexuality and murderers!

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ok...this is not about sin! the thread is about if gay people should be allowed to adopt? I think they should be, as they are very capable of loving!...you think they are leading their children to a life of sin....I think you are wrong...you think I am wrong...such is life!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Rhianni

I know exactly what you mean Project 86. I dislike when people try to change christianity to their modern society. especially when they rewrite the bible. no need for change. It was written in a specific way for a reason. Because God wanted it that way and not to be changed or updated by different ways of thinking.
who said anybody was rewriting the bible?...

Upvote 0